• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 |OT|: By the Power of Inafune!

Those traits are added bonuses to whoever is partnered with them that is active in battle. Cave/Falcom don't count for endings at all. Their Lily Ranks even reset when you start a new game plus I believe.
Thanks and thanks. Really wasn't looking forward to grinding to get their ranks up.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
No problem, also I forgot to mention that 5pb doesn't get any healing skills. She's a great sniper type character though. I don't know about your Rom question since I never payed much attention to the twins.

Changed my mind and went for the Conquest ending first after hearing that it was pretty much the 'bad' ending. Finished the game about 5 minutes ago.

nope

nope nope nope nope

Fuck that shit. Killing Blanc and the twins was complete and utter dsfksdjfjgs. Noire and Uni's scene was bearable. Likewise for Vert's until I went back to talk to Chika afterwards.

So anyway that totally didn't happen. Time to load up my previous save and get the real True ending.

I used Cave and I think I didn't get any new skills (I'm at level 50something). But on the other hand "Black Label" is the most powerful skill I encountered in the whole game.

Cave was level 55 for me at the end of the Conquest route and she had two new skills, Malicious Heaven and Time to Kill. They're both 20-hit elemental magic attacks. She definitely learns Malicious Heaven before level 50.

Also Cave's TEC lowering skill was the only reason I was able to beat
Blanc and the twins.
Got completely decimated on my first go by two ultimates one after another.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Cave was level 55 for me at the end of the Conquest route and she had two new skills, Malicious Heaven and Time to Kill. They're both 20-hit elemental magic attacks. She definitely learns Malicious Heaven before level 50.

Oh, okay, sorry for the misinformation. I guess I have to take another look. Maybe when I try for the other endings after I'm done with Meruru.

And I'm done. Or at least, I've done everything except get a few characters' best weapons.

Yeah, that was the most fun I've had with an RPG since Soul Nomad. Work's been tough recently so I was really in the mood for a no nonsense, no frills, no brainpower RPG and it delivered perfectly in that respect. The setting / cast were great once again, if noticeably more serious than in the previous game. The combat system was in a completely different galaxy this time and was the main reason I enjoyed the game so much.

Final team for regular play was Nepgear, IF, Cave and Nisa / Blanc. When I wanted to remove any semblance of challenge it was Vert, IF, Cave and 5pb. Gameindustri Idols + Spiral Break + Divine Dodge / Paradise = miss miss miss miss miss. Even the CPU / Candidate DLC Coliseum battles were easy mode with that setup.

Couple of obvious flaws, but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment of the game too much. The 9999 damage cap was silly but fortunately you can farm Histoire Aegis x4 to get rid of it. Would've liked it to have been longer as well.

Also lol at the unintentional Platinum. That's my first plat and probably my last.

109383lf911.jpg

Now bring on Neptune V!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got my Platinum earlier today. Game was really fun, I want more! Hope NISA localizes Neptune V within six months again.

AutumnAve

I put it into hyperdrive *heh* and overcame my personal hell, CFW Brave, and went all the way into the normal ending. Yeah!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally got around to playing this game this week.

It's actually pretty solid as a game. Coming from somebody who platinumed the first - that game was pretty damn shitty. This is a huge step up on every level and I originally planned on blitzing through to get my plat just to dump it from my backlog.

Which is why it was a total mistake to get the Conquest ending first. Man I had no idea what was coming and I got laid out with a ton of bricks. I don't even feel like picking this game up again for a few days.

The part with Ram and Rom was so ;_;

LOL'd hard at Underling finally getting what she deserved though. It was so nonchalant though, she really didn't deserve any better.

It was actually a real neat ending - and really drives home the point that I don't want an Apple utopia (replace Apple with some other company if you so desire)

Guess I'll get around to getting the other endings at some point soon.

After playing this game though I hope there are quick plans in place for Neptune V.

LuuKyK

Can someone help me here? I'm late (I know lol).

Idk why but I can't beat CFW Brave in the Arfoire Factory. Its the fight right after you kill the Underling for the 1342348923636th time. It sucks because you start it with the HP as it ended in the fight against Underling. -____________- But he takes my HP away in seconds anyway, ffs. I'm mad.

Its driving me crazy, my characters are around level 52. Do I have to grind more? Change my party members? I'm using Nepgear, Gust, Vert and Noire.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can someone help me here? I'm late (I know lol).

Idk why but I can't beat CFW Brave in the Arfoire Factory. Its the fight right after you kill the Underling for the 1342348923636th time. It sucks because you start it with the HP as it ended in the fight against Underling. -____________- But he takes my HP away in seconds anyway, ffs. I'm mad.

Its driving me crazy, my characters are around level 52. Do I have to grind more? Change my party members? I'm using Nepgear, Gust, Vert and Noire.
I'm trying to remember what I did. I remember that he was really slow but seemed to like AoE attacks! So you have to spread everyone out in a diamond or a rectangle... Your level is completely fine, btw. Just keep your characters spread out and make sure he can't hit them in an AoE attack. Cast Evasive Support with Uni. Use Celestial Severance and Inafune Brand with Nepgear (it'll especially help if you're breaking its guard), combo with Vert (and use her offensive skills), and since you have Noire, use her specials too.

I used Nepgear, Uni, 5pb, and Vert. I don't remember who they were linked with in the slightest but that sort of thing really really helps (especially if the partners help them guard against status attacks). I used a lot of 5pb's special skills too, like Rinforzando, Thunder Beat, Powered Smash, etc.

LuuKyK

I'm trying to remember what I did. I remember that he was really slow but seemed to like AoE attacks! So you have to spread everyone out in a diamond or a rectangle... Your level is completely fine, btw. Just keep your characters spread out and make sure he can't hit them in an AoE attack. Cast Evasive Support with Uni. Use Celestial Severance and Inafune Brand with Nepgear (it'll especially help if you're breaking its guard), combo with Vert (and use her offensive skills), and since you have Noire, use her specials too.

I used Nepgear, Uni, 5pb, and Vert. I don't remember who they were linked with in the slightest but that sort of thing really really helps (especially if the partners help them guard against status attacks). I used a lot of 5pb's special skills too, like Rinforzando, Thunder Beat, Powered Smash, etc.

Thanks Schala! I will try that.

Since we are at it... is 5pb. useful at all? When I saw her skills I immediately ignored her. lol She has no use as an attacker right? She basically is a status booster isn't she? About a healer, I noticed you didn't use one, I thought they were like a necessity in my group! lol You can't survive only with healing items. x_x How did you manage that? Also is Compa better than Gust as one?

And yeah, the links are REALLY important at this point. I'm using the ones that gives you full guard on status ailments. And iirc one that reduces the waiting time and the AP used for my healer. It was working fine until this sucker. Ugh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thanks Schala! I will try that.

Since we are at it... is 5pb. useful at all? When I saw her skills I immediately ignored her. lol She has no use as an attacker right? She basically is a status booster isn't she? About a healer, I noticed you didn't use one, I thought they were like a necessity in my group! lol You can't survive only with healing items. x_x How did you manage that? Also is Compa better than Gust as one?

And yeah, the links are REALLY important at this point. I'm using the ones that gives you full guard on status ailments. And iirc one that reduces the waiting time and the AP used for my healer. It was working fine until this sucker. Ugh.
I think 5pb is underrated! One of the best attackers on the team with a high magic stat. Her attacks can generally take down Guard Gauges quicker so if you need to do a fast Guard Break go with her. Her problem is that she has a low evasion rate so you kinda have to be careful with her and keep her away sometimes.

I usually use items to heal more often because the healers can be somewhat fragile, but again, since you're in the box/diamond formation, you don't necessarily need to constantly heal. Just revive the person next to you if they die, or you could use someone who isn't fighting a lot to heal other people with items. If I did need a healer, I usually used Gust. Plus her elemental attacks and revive skill at a low SP/AP cost are great. You could use Compa, though, if you want to use Gust as a partner for someone else instead.

LuuKyK

I think 5pb is underrated! One of the best attackers on the team with a high magic stat. Her attacks can generally take down Guard Gauges quicker so if you need to do a fast Guard Break go with her. Her problem is that she has a low evasion rate so you kinda have to be careful with her and keep her away sometimes.

I usually use items to heal more often because the healers can be somewhat fragile, but again, since you're in the box/diamond formation, you don't necessarily need to constantly heal. Just revive the person next to you if they die, or you could use someone who isn't fighting a lot to heal other people with items. If I did need a healer, I usually used Gust. Plus her elemental attacks and revive skill at a low SP/AP cost are great. You could use Compa, though, if you want to use Gust as a partner for someone else instead.

Nice, I will try using her! I will abuse your good will to answer me and ask one more thing! haahaha

The way SP/AP works in this game seems so weird to me. I can't put my finger on it, but there are some characters that can't attack as much as others, even if they are on the same level. When the CPU's joined me, I immediately put them on my team, but NISA, for example, attacked countless times more than Neptune (she could do almost three full EX combos, while Neptune couldn't even complete an EX combo, ugh), and so was way more useful, even not having a CPU form. I don't really get it. It also seems like every time you get out of a dungeon, your SP depletes? They way it accumulates is also rather confusing. I feel like they needed to explain things better to the player, idk.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think, and it's been a while since I've played it so I could probably pop it in a bit when I'm finished up with something else, SP accumulates every time you fight battles. When you exit out of dungeons, it depletes so you need to fight battles to get it back up again. You can raise SP gain by partnering them with a character who does that. I've noticed that Neptune's SP/AP gain rate isn't as good as some of the other characters so you kind of have to tinker with her combos a little to get her to complete one.

When she levels up more, she's able to combo more, but you're noticing the discrepancy between her and Nisa because Nisa's fast, her combos cost less AP, and she builds up SP really fast. I wouldn't be surprised if people kept her in their parties just because of that alone.

AP's more complicated.
So if you don't attack, you'll gain 25% of the total AP per turn you don't attack.
If you use a symbol attack, you'll gain 50% more AP to add to your original AP.
If you attack, the calculation is basically: (AP * 0.17) + start AP while attacking.

So if Nepgear has 100 AP, and doesn't attack, she'll gain 25 AP at the end of the turn, leading to a total of 125.
If you hit an enemy on the field and got a PE Strike, you'll get your AP increased to 150 on the first turn.
If Nepgear executes three attacks that are worth 12, 14, 16, then the AP calculation is like this: (100 - 12 - 14 - 16 = 58 AP), and if you have her stand by, the AP saved will be about 0.17 of that number.

LuuKyK

Schala, you're amazing. :3 thank you, it made it all a lot easier to understand seriously.

I hate numbers though, so that last paragraph made my brain melt! Hahahaha

Top Bottom