• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3: V Generation (Vita) coming to NA/EU this summer.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I am constantly surprised at the amount of girls asking for IF visual novels to come over. I never thought that would have any appeal in the west.

I'm not sure why you are so surprised, there's a market for everything. I'm a fan of VNs in general, but didn't know about the sheer amount of otome VNs that were out there. Some definitely got bigger over time and got anime adaptations, making them more mainstream. Looking at anime and manga, there's been tons of success with shoujo series. Tons of girls watch and read them, as well as play games (especially niche ones).

To have the option to get them is what's important and it sounds like Aksys had some decent success with Hakuouki at the tail end of PSP's life.

Oh, and not all otome fans are girls neither. I know plenty of guys who enjoy them as well. I'm down for whatever VN that looks interesting.

I've heard Idea Factory was working on a game outside their usual moe catalogue, but nothing has come from that ever since.

Well, maybe with being established in the market for a year and having some good sales will help them branch off more :)

Top Bottom