• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita) coming to NA/EU this summer.

Volcynika

HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA RE;BIRTH1 IS NOW SCHEDULED TO BE RELEASED ON PLAYSTATION®VITA TO NORTH AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN FANS THIS SUMMER!

LOS ANGELES, CA., March 25, 2014 – Idea Factory International is excited to announce that Hyperdimension Neptunia™ Re;Birth1, a new installment of the long-loved fan favorite RPG series, Hyperdimension Neptunia, will be released on PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system in the North American and European markets in the late summer of this year. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 is a remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia™, which was previously released for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in 2011. Renewed event conversations, graphics, and newly added game mechanics will entertain fans who have already played the PlayStation3 version of Hyperdimension Neptunia as well as newcomers to the series. More detailed information regarding the release method and the release date will be available soon!

Story
Gamindustri: One of many parallel universes protected by four goddesses known as CPUs. Long ago, these four CPUs engaged in a war for supremacy known as the War of the Guardians. However, this war weakened their protective hold on the world inhabited by their people, and in turn it was flooded by monsters under the influence of an individual known as Arfoire. During the War of the Guardians, one of the CPUs—Neptune—was defeated by the others and hurled down to the world's surface from the heavens. The drop caused Neptune to lose her memories, as learned by Compa and IF, who happen upon the fallen girl. A mysterious book containing knowledge of all Gamindustri's history suddenly speaks out to Neptune, Compa, and IF. With the assistance of this sentient
book, the trio embark on an extraordinary journey across four different nations on a quest to save the entire world!"

Key Features and Differences from the PlayStation®3 version
An overhauled battle system! Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 takes the original game and equips it with the battle system of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! This gives the player a more in-depth gaming experience!

New scenario, new ending! The main story and event scenes are renewed from the PlayStation3 version. The core storyline will remain mostly the same, but the conversations between characters are all new! A new ending has been added as well! This will allow players returning from the PlayStation3 version to
enjoy the game anew!

New “Remake System”! A new system has been added to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1: the “Remake System”! It lets players customize and make changes to the game system itself by obtaining “Plans”!

Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs! Depending on the Idea Chips used, a Godly Game may result, which will grant you an additional ability!

DLC brings more playable characters and more! Additional characters will be playable through DLC; players can increase the level cap to 999; and additional monsters, quests, and dungeons will be available!

Game will have dual VA as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2014 is truly the year of the vita.

First Neptunia game was pretty lousy but its a great franchise in general. Will definitely check this out.

antibolo

Banned
think this might be my first neptunia game.

i feel like i've made a terrible mistake... this summer.

Don't do it, they are genuinely terrible games.

Being portable will not make them suck less.

But in any case this is a busy day for Vita localization announcements. BlueMaxima is going to have a lot of content to cover for his weekly update.

Hell yes.
I held off on importing the rebirth games because I had the feeling (( IFI )) would get down on them. Those guys are going to be getting a lot of my money this year.

Volcynika

Hell yes.
I held off on importing the rebirth games because I had the feeling NISA would get down on them. Those guys are going to be getting a lot of my money this year.

This is actually Idea Factory International handling it for the most part it seems. No mention of NISA, so not sure if they're just getting them to help, or using their localization of the original game and making tweaks.

Don't do it, they are genuinely terrible games.

Being portable will not make them suck less.

Disagree so much.

RedBoot

I wonder if IFI will handle the series going forward? Poor Nisa, they had Atelier taken by Tecmo Koei, and now they may have lost this to IFI.

Of course, Nisa exists because Atlus helped build a fanbase for Disgaea over here, so I guess it's just how things go.

fek

So it's IF that's localizing it? I guess that would mean no LE, maybe even digital only? It would be good news anyway, I'm happy to see IF approaching our market, even Moero Chronicles wouldn't be impossible if they do it themselves.

Volcynika

So it's IF that's localizing it? I guess that would mean no LE, maybe even digital only? It would be good news anyway, I'm happy to see IF approaching our market, even Moero Chronicles wouldn't be impossible if they do it themselves.

The PR states release method (retail/digital/LE/whatever) and release date will be announced soon, so hopefully that'll happen.

This is actually Idea Factory International handling it for the most part it seems. No mention of NISA, so not sure if they're just getting them to help, or using their localization of the original game and making tweaks.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Forgotten IFI was a thing now.
Hope they handle the localization efforts as well as NISA had. mk2 and V were very solid localization efforts.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This

More detailed information regarding the release method and the release date will be available soon!

is not making me hopeful that it'll have a retail release. If it's digital-only I'll probably skip it, otherwise I'm interested.
I'm surprised this is not coming through NISA.

Tsunamo

This is fantastic news. I held off on buying the original and getting into the series in the hopes this would come over so I could start with Re;Birth, glad to see I was right about it eventually coming over to the West.

Hopefully it gets a retail release but I'll still grab it even if it doesn't.

Pretty interesting that Idea Factory is releasing this.

Seeing that is dubbed (though unknown if using old dub or whatever) might mean a retail release could be likely.

Either way, hopefully this means more of Idea Factory titles are getting overseas release.

Awesome, I've been hoping for this one to hit the US so I could properly jump into the series. Are the later games also being ported to Vita?

I wonder if IFI will handle the series going forward? Poor Nisa, they had Atelier taken by Tecmo Koei, and now they may have lost this to IFI.

Of course, Nisa exists because Atlus helped build a fanbase for Disgaea over here, so I guess it's just how things go.

I know the people localizing Atelier (and hopefully also Ar no Surge) now are former NIS America staff, so it's not like anyone really lost their jobs over that one, at least.

Tohsaka

Awesome, I've been hoping for this one to hit the US so I could properly jump into the series. Are the later games also being ported to Vita?

I know the people localizing Atelier (and hopefully also Ar no Surge) now are former NIS America staff, so it's not like anyone really lost their jobs over that one, at least.

The second one just came out in Japan, I think. Either that or it will soon. I believe they're porting the third as well.

Volcynika

actill or whatever? I think they handled localizing Atelier Escha & Logy, and after being nearly done with it, they need to work on their polish a bit.

I've been looking to get into this series since I heard the later games are actually pretty decent, but the first one was ass. Will be nice to start with the "first" in the series though.

mk2 already was ported to Vita, I'm nooooooooooot entirely sure about Victory though.

No announcements from Japan about a Vita Victory VPort, but I believe the second game's port only just recently came out so might be too soon for that.

Well unless Neptunia VII is actually a Victory Vita VPort.

Volcynika

I've been looking to get into this series since I heard the later games are actually pretty decent, but the first one was ass. Will be nice to start with the "first" in the series though.

Well the first one's script was great, but the gameplay was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. But they've since implemented the third game's systems into the first game, or some such. Which are much better!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm really curious to finally see how Neptunia games really are, i was in the same situation for Atelier games and Atelier Totori + was a nice surprise, so i can't wait.

Pretty interesting that Idea Factory is releasing this.

Seeing that is dubbed (though unknown if using old dub or whatever) might mean a retail release could be likely.

Either way, hopefully this means more of Idea Factory titles are getting overseas release.

It will be a new dub since they have a new scenario and ending , plus characters that weren't in the original game, but are in V and mk2 like CC2 and Tekken.

Clov

We don't know either way, and sometimes that isn't possible. Best to just wait till they announce as such.

We'll only know once they announce it, but I think this will get a physical release. Since it's dual-audio, and the dialogue is apparently pretty different, they'll need to do a new dub for it. I can't imagine them putting effort into a dub if it were going to be digital only.

Physical release, please.

Seconded. I've been wanting to get into this series, but the mechanics of the first game just killed it for me, so I was really hoping this would get localized. Between this, P4G, FF X/X-2 HD, Danganronpa, and Project Diva f, I won't be putting down my Vita for a long time.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Finally. A physical release would be appreciated!
2014 is looking like a great year for Vita.

androvsky

This is great, was hoping/expecting this would get localized. This does look like the end of the Neptunia gravy train for NISA though, I can't imagine they would've passed it up given they're publishing Neptunia PP.

I hope it comes with a soundtrack; I missed out on the LE for the first game and was hugely surprised there was some music I actually liked. Okay, so it was pretty much just the Leanbox theme.

shink

Hopefully it comes to Australia too. I'm always worried now since quite a free games aren't released here. *shakes my fist at Xseed*

Top Bottom