• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita) coming to NA/EU this summer.

PKrockin

Fair warning: this game is bad. It's also for a very specific niche audience, and unless you have for example numerous pieces of To-Love-Ru merchandise in your house you are probably not part of that audience and will find yourself cringing and sighing more than having fun.

Been wanting to play the Neptunia titles for a while but heard the first title on PS3 is a bit iffy, is this Vita re-release better?

Shinriji

It's pretty terrible, yeah

Thankfully they've finally fixed it in Rebirth 2.

A patch was released last month that improved the framerate and some bugs from rebirth 1 version. And even the vanilla rebirth was way better than neptunia 1, framerate wise.

ZeroAKA

Are there any changes to gameplay from the original PS3 game? I've heard some bad things about Hyperdimension Neptunia on PS3.

system11

I finished Neptunia Mk2 a few weeks ago and am most of the way done on Neptunia Victory at the moment. These are not good games if you're going on production values, technical merit and so on.

Honestly though, I have a stack of AAA games sat here gathering dust while Neptunia eats all of my time. Reason? They're so light hearted it's impossible not to enjoy them and after a long day at work that's just what I need.

18-Volt

They still haven't dated Monster Monpiece and now they are announcing a new game. Plus they're thinking about announcing more localizations; Moero Chronicles and Amnesia V, pretty good start for a newly founded office. Level-5 and Namco should learn something from them.

Volcynika

I finished Neptunia Mk2 a few weeks ago and am most of the way done on Neptunia Victory at the moment. These are not good games if you're going on production values, technical merit and so on.

Honestly though, I have a stack of AAA games sat here gathering dust while Neptunia eats all of my time. Reason? They're so light hearted it's impossible not to enjoy them and after a long day at work that's just what I need.

To be fair, one of mk2's endings is
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper depressing
. :p

chrono01

Everyone board the Hype Oppai!

ibiDQdZ5Vg3Hn6.gif

system11

To be fair, one of mk2's endings is
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper depressing
. :p

I tend to be a bit of a completist, just finished Victory tonight - True Ending :) I didn't even know Mk2 had multiple endings, the one I saw was all sunshine and roses.

Here's hoping they put another on the PS3 or PS4 (I don't do the handhelds thing). The more you know about games and gaming history the more things you'll notice in these. I wonder how many people playing Victory knew what Rafflesia was, aside from a magical flower fairy.
And the character Rei representing Atari and the great crash will be lost on many.

Rocky

Banned
So hyped!!! Day 1! But I don't get why the first one gets so much hate. I played it and MK2 so far (Victory is in my backlog), and I honestly liked the first one so much better.

The dungeons in MK2, quite frankly, sucked ass. They didn't seem like dungeons at all. I had much more fun crawling the dungeons in the first one. I also preferred the story and humor of the first one as well. MK2 just didn't feel as good as the first one to me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So hyped!!! Day 1! But I don't get why the first one gets so much hate. I played it and MK2 so far (Victory is in my backlog), and I honestly liked the first one so much better.

The dungeons in MK2, quite frankly, sucked ass. They didn't seem like dungeons at all. I had much more fun crawling the dungeons in the first one. I also preferred the story and humor of the first one as well. MK2 just didn't feel as good as the first one to me.
For me the dungeons always suck ass. It doesn't matter if it improves if it still sucks. Battle system has definitely improved too, but is still boring as fuck. The only thing I care about is Melissa Fahn and the writing, which is why the first one is still my favorite.

Top Bottom