• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #13, Sheik

evanmisha

iUpgPgk.png

Jackano

The treasure box is still supposed to have 9 DLC costumes iirc.
So there is still a character to be revealed (I mean, not a minor one).

Kinsei

Banned
The treasure box is still supposed to have 9 DLC costumes iirc.
So there is still a character to be revealed (I mean, not a minor one).

It's gonna be Ganondorf. The last three costumes are the power costumes, and we all know who has the triforce of power.

If there isn't another page of characters that leaves us with two more playable characters left to reveal. If I had to guess I'd say they will be Zant and Ghirahim, as they were the only villains to get a title card like the playable characters in the features trailer.

OMG the OoT skeletons O_O

This game defines fan service.

Deku Babas (the piranha plants) from OoT are also enemies.

This looks awesome, I'm just a bit worried about the gameplay. I guess I'll wait for reviews to know how repetitive this gets and if there's enough of a challenge.

Kinsei

Banned
This looks awesome, I'm just a bit worried about the gameplay. I guess I'll wait for reviews to know how repetitive this gets and if there's enough of a challenge.

I can guarantee that almost every review will complain that the game is too easy.

Play the game on hard and you'll get a good challenge from it.

Wow, amazing moveset! One of the best I've seen so far for this game.

Very fun looking moveset. I can see that "barrier" being something VERY useful for higher level difficulty runs.

Yeah, but it probably doesn't have that knock-back effect on stronger enemies.

Jackano

It's gonna be Ganondorf. The last three costumes are the power costumes, and we all know who has the triforce of power.

If there isn't another page of characters that leaves us with two more playable characters left to reveal. If I had to guess I'd say they will be Zant and Ghirahim, as they were the only villains to get a title card like the playable characters in the features trailer.

Yeah that's what I'l thinking too. DW fans told usually, the New Game+ is playing with the villains. I hope so.

Kinsei

Banned
Now I want someone with the Ocarina!
Saria maybe? :p

Link still has one weapon type that we don't know of, doesn't he? He had four slots in the E3 demo, and as far as I know, we only know of three of his weapons. Sword & shield, magic rod, and power gloves. Unless his last slot is for the master sword, I think he might use the ocarina.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Pretty sure they said only 2 Power costumes. Likely Wind Waker and Twilight Princess costumes for Ganondorf.

Edit: Yeah DLC info says 2 Power costumes. Dunno where you guys keep getting 9 from.

L~A

Link still has one weapon type that we don't know of, doesn't he? He had four slots in the E3 demo, and as far as I know, we only know of three of his weapons. Sword & shield, magic rod, and power gloves. Unless his last slot is for the master sword, I think he might use the ocarina.

Bug net or BUST.

I like how she uses the knife for a lot of basic attacks. I was afraid she would rely too much on the harp. Interesting that she seems to be first character able to use fire and water with a single weapon.

I wonder if they'll be trailers for Impa and Lana's second weapon or will they just stop now?

I know it's not happening but I would love a surprise reveal of Groose tomorrow just to balance out the respective games' roster contributions. Fi being the only Skyward Sword hero or feels lacking especially when Agatha makes the cut. Give Groose a hand-cannon I've seen projectile-focused Musou characters before.

They'll also have trailers for Lana and Impa's second weapons, then for whoever they announce during the stream tomorrow (I'm sure they'll reveall all villain are playable... then we'll get the character trailers for those).

My guess is: tomorrow's stream is basically Famitsu article in video format. I hope so, anyway.

Pretty sure they said only 2 Power costumes. Likely Wind Waker and Twilight Princess costumes for Ganondorf.

Edit: Yeah DLC info says 2 Power costumes. Dunno where you guys keep getting 9 from.

Says so on the official website. 2 packs got 3 costumes, last one only got 2. So that's 8 costumes total, and we already have 6 (Zelda and Link alts). So, for whom is the last 2 costumes, I wonder ;)

Nia

When I heard Sheik play the Nocturne of Shadow, I smiled. It's awesome she plays the Temple songs.

also

Banned
I don't really like her design, because it's too obvious she's Zelda in disguise; I'd prefer she hid her pointy ears and had darker skin and hair. Oh well, at least I hope she get's the chain and needles from Smash because the harp seems to slow down the action too much.

Interesting moveset but it looks like there's quite a bit of windup for a chunk of her attacks.
Yeah, not a fan of having to stop and play the harp while the cannon fodder blankly stares at me.

Katsuragi

As some others said, it's like a dream come true to play as Sheik. I don't think this game will get great reviews, but I know I'll have a lot of fun with it!

L~A

I don't really like her design, because it's too obvious she's Zelda in disguise; I'd prefer she hid her pointy ears and had darker skin and hair. Oh well, at least I hope she get's the chain and needles from Smash because the harp seems to slow down the action too much.

Yeah, not a fan of having to stop and play the harp while the cannon fodder blankly stares at me.

What "bothers" me more is the voice... it's pretty clear it's a female, even though Sheik is supposed to be a male. Of course, fans already know it's Zelda, but still.

StayDead

What "bothers" me more is the voice... it's pretty clear it's a female, even though Sheik is supposed to be a male. Of course, fans already know it's Zelda, but still.

Shiek even in Smash always sounded female anyway so it's no big deal.

No?

All the charge attacks involve the harp and the musou attacks are totally different from anything Zhou Tai has.

no yeah she has mainly the harp movesets, the dager moveset of gang ning from dw 6,

i just concentrated on her musou attack's ended, which is zhou tai's rage ender. from dw8

L Thammy

What is the difficulty in these games? Do enemies often attack you?

There are miniboss-type enemies that you can fight to gain territory or to complete missions. Regular enemies aren't much of a threat, at least not on the easier difficult levels.

L~A

In my experience, what I found the hardest in Samurai Warriors (Dynasty Warriors, but in Japan instead) was some of the objectives (like "try to stop that enemy before he reaches your base!")

In the later missions, and especially on hard difficulties, it can get really tough, and very often, you'll fail a mission because you failed a crucial objective. You really need to learn to fight properly, be observant and everything. Just button mashing? You'll be sucked.

It's especially true for optional or secret objectives, that are needed to unlock some secret stuff.

No idea how it'll be in Hyrule Warriors, though.

chadboban

In my experience, what I found the hardest in Samurai Warriors (Dynasty Warriors, but in Japan instead) was some of the objectives (like "try to stop that enemy before he reaches your base!")

In the later missions, and especially on hard difficulties, it can get really tough, and very often, you'll fail a mission because you failed a crucial objective. You really need to learn to fight properly, be observant and everything. Just button mashing? You'll be sucked.

It's especially true for optional or secret objectives, that are needed to unlock some secret stuff.

No idea how it'll be in Hyrule Warriors, though.

watching_avengers_i_understood_a_gif_reference-88347.gif

L Thammy

I think the optional missions (as opposed to the required ones) are specific to Samurai Warriors, and the ridiculously short time limits on those missions are specific to Chronicles.

Reknoc

I think the optional missions (as opposed to the required ones) are specific to Samurai Warriors, and the ridiculously short time limits on those missions are specific to Chronicles.

DW8 also had optional objectives to unlock the hypothetical stages.

JDSN

Banned
Those breaks in fast-paced actions to make those ridiculous harp attacks are kida ruining this for me.

L~A

Oh, my bad then. I was sure it was a common feature in the franchise! Still, my point still stands: the hardest part of the game isn't necessarily the fights themselves.

Personally, I don't think the time limits were that bad if you used that super fast horse... problem was it took its damn time to come each time you call it :(

I agree a little, but I don't know, I've heard a lot of Japanese male characters who sound pretty much like this, haha.

Well you don't have to use the harp. It's up to you what combos you use.

Oh, my bad then. I was sure it was a common feature in the franchise! Still, my point still stands: the hardest part of the game isn't necessarily the fights themselves.

Personally, I don't think the time limits were that bad if you used that super fast horse... problem was it took its damn time to come each time you call it :(

In Pirate Warriors the hardest part was ensuring that your allies and your base don't fall. Playing the hardest levels, I was nowhere near of dying, however my comrades were and my base was under heavy attack. Really stressful running around ensuring that no one retreats (but really fun). On super hard difficulty the enemies do insane damage, which really adds to the difficulty too. Optional missions are in PW too.

Top Bottom