• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #13, Sheik

CorvoSol

What "bothers" me more is the voice... it's pretty clear it's a female, even though Sheik is supposed to be a male. Of course, fans already know it's Zelda, but still.

I don't really think that's the case. I mean, they've made Sheik obviously female in both this and Smash, and have even referred to Sheik as a female character before.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't really think that's the case. I mean, they've made Sheik obviously female in both this and Smash, and have even referred to Sheik as a female character before.

Well since OoT has been out forever I wager tightly guarding the gender of Shiek is a non-issue.

shaowebb

Good lord she has a move that works like Fa Zheng's ridiculous carpet ride attack from DW8 Ultimate! That move traps folks and leaves them free and built stupid amounts of meter. Plus she has strong forward pressure, area moves, and even good musou and attack utility for combo string linking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykAXB3JFy4

K-A-Deman

can anyone tell what song makes the ring of wind appear around her? I can't really discern it on my own with all the interfering noise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
can anyone tell what song makes the ring of wind appear around her? I can't really discern it on my own with all the interfering noise.

If it's the quiet sounding one it is the Song of Storms.

Ironically the songs that weren't in the trailer at all were Minuet of Forest and Requiem of Spirit.

Possibly hinting at Saria and Nabooru? Or it's just me.

shaowebb

All these songs makes me kind of wish that The Windmill guy would show up and fight by attacking with the Song of Storms played on his music box. If Lana can shoot bookshelves and Agitha can ride energy bugs he can shoot and ride on energy windmills or something between causing bad weather lol.

K-A-Deman

If it's the quiet sounding one it is the Song of Storms.

Ironically the songs that weren't in the trailer at all were Minuet of Forest and Requiem of Spirit.

Possibly hinting at Saria and Nabooru? Or it's just me.

That's kinda odd, since Song of Storms is pretty much the only adult Ocarina song Shiek DOESN'T teach Link.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll include the other three sages as bonus characters using existing weapon types (Saria - Deku Staff, Nabooru - Naginata, Rauru - Magic Book).

shaowebb

That's kinda odd, since Song of Storms is pretty much the only adult Ocarina song Shiek DOESN'T teach Link.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll include the other three sages as bonus characters using existing weapon types (Saria - Deku Staff, Nabooru - Naginata, Rauru - Magic Book).

Saria should be rocking the Fairy Ocarina, slingshot and Deku nuts if she makes it in.

What "bothers" me more is the voice... it's pretty clear it's a female, even though Sheik is supposed to be a male. Of course, fans already know it's Zelda, but still.

It hasn't been officially revealed whether Sheik is one or the other. Only Link knows for sure

sheik_080116d-l.jpg

Narroo

I'm fine with Sheik's design except: Her Hair. It looks silly. Why did they give her Zelda's hair?

Magic that changes your clothing and eye color: OK.
Magic that changes your hair length: Not OK.

Wow, I was not expecting to like Sheik so much lol. It might even be my favorite character so far!

I specially love how the songs she plays with the harp are OoT songs!

also

Banned
I agree a little, but I don't know, I've heard a lot of Japanese male characters who sound pretty much like this, haha.

Well you don't have to use the harp. It's up to you what combos you use.
Japan produces some pretty effeminate male characters but I've never seen one with such a girly laugh. Do you have any examples?

But then I won't be use to able to use all those special attacks...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol at people saying Sheik is/was a male. Do you think Zelda has the power to change her sex or something?

Lol at people saying Sheik is/was a male. Do you think Zelda has the power to change her sex or something?

And the fact that every character that interacts with Shiek, refers to him as a man. If Zelda can completely change her muscle mass, skin color, and eye color, I wouldn't be suprised that she can change her gender, or atleast give herself manly pecs.

I dislike how Brawl made Shiek a full on woman, so that this argument happens more.

bumpkin

Looks great!

Speaking of which, do we know the resolution/fps of the game yet? It is 1080p 60fps? It looks great no matter what, I'm just curious.

Exile20

And the fact that every character that interacts with Shiek, refers to him as a man. If Zelda can completely change her muscle mass, skin color, and eye color, I wouldn't be suprised that she can change her gender, or atleast give herself manly pecs.

I dislike how Brawl made Shiek a full on woman, so that this argument happens more.

I see no bulge. The breast is up for debate.

Top Bottom