• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #15, Lana (with Deku Stick)

Okay, now I actually want to play as her.

Despite this game coming off as way more slow-paced compared to other Warriors games, I want to give it a try solely because of the unique weaponry.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So the Book of Spells seemed to be based off Nayru (as is Lana's color scheme), this one is Farore...does she have one more fire-based weapon for Din?

L Thammy

I just realized that Lana's spellbook was a missed opportunity to bring back to the Book of Mudora. Imagine all of the translation-based attacks she could have had.

So the Book of Spells seemed to be based off Nayru (as is Lana's color scheme), this one is Farore...does she have one more fire-based weapon for Din?

Maybe she has a move where she uses the Deku Stick to light some torches.

Neiteio

This move-set looks awesome and all, but if this means Saria is not in the game...

You had one job, Tecmo-Koei

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think the water/ice type attacks mesh well with that weapon at all, looks weird.

Neiteio

Yeah, the water/ice attacks just kind of come out of nowhere, lol

At any rate, I'm guessing the point of the Direct is to show off Saria

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I was thinking, one of the weapons we've yet to see are the Medallions from Link to the Past...

The other night I thought it'd be cool if Rauru was playable, and in addition to using the Medallion Powers (since he gave you a Medallion in Ocarina), was summoning Kaepora Gaebora to attack.

At the very least, that owl better be in.

Jesus Neiteio are you still slapping crap on that avatar?

OT, I liked everything, except for the 3 deku saplings looking back and smiling after the attack. Cheesy as hell. In a game made of cheese.

MAtgS

Seriously, how does no one in Tecmo or Nintendo ever stop & said "you know, this weapon might be better suited for a kokiri" at any point during development?

Kinsei

Banned
Jesus Neiteio are you still slapping crap on that avatar?

OT, I liked everything, except for the 3 deku saplings looking back and smiling after the attack. Cheesy as hell. In a game made of cheese.

Lana does the same thing when she is using her book, so it's not totally out of place.

Fandangox

I like Zelda although I don't care all that much for it, and I am indifferent about Saria, but even I find it baffling that they decided to give this weapon to her as opposed to Saria. Her Spellbook weapon fits her a lot better than this.

Either way, I assume that she still has ice/water attacks because either:

a)That's her main element in her game. Everyone in the Musou game has one. (She might be related to Lanaryu, who knows)

b)Water is life. Essential for all living things, i.e plants.

Kinsei

Banned
I just realized that in less than 24 hours we'll (most likely) know the entire playable roster. Who do you think will be the final three?

My picks are
Ganondorf
Zant
Ghirahim

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Isn't elemental affinity based on the weapon and not the weapon class? I'm pretty sure you can find a Deku stick with no element.

No idea on that. Would that mean attacks like her summoning the icicles would be replaced by something else?

Kinsei

Banned
No idea on that. Would that mean attacks like her summoning the icicles would be replaced by something else?

Maybe they'll be replaced with blasts of wind, or some leaves? The reason I think that it's based on the weapon and not the character is because the element shows up in the weapon info screen.

Fandangox

I just realized that in less than 24 hours we'll (most likely) know the entire playable roster. Who do you think will be the final three?

My picks are
Ganondorf
Zant
Ghirahim

I think those are the three most likely.

THE GROOSE THOUGH

Fandangox

Also those icicles are clearly part of her moveset, the type of element you guys are talking about that depends on the weapon affects the enemies only. i.e it'd freeze them, shock them, etc.

She just might have an innate ice element (that still affects enemies) and decided to theme both weapons around it.

Kinsei

Banned
Also those icicles are clearly part of her moveset, the type of element you guys are talking about that depends on the weapon affects the enemies only. i.e it'd freeze them, shock them, etc.

She just might have an innate ice element (that still affects enemies) and decided to theme both weapons around it.

This really makes me wonder why they gave Ipa ice/water attacks using Biggoron's sword, but fire attacks when using the naginata. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Top Bottom