• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #15, Lana (with Deku Stick)

Fandangox

This really makes me wonder why they gave Ipa ice/water attacks using Biggoron's sword, but fire attacks when using the naginata. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Nagitata is alright with fire. I understand why Biggoron sword would fit better with fire though.

Those types of elementals seem to me like part of the weapon moveset as opposed to the interchangeable weapon element that you can fuse into a weapon, but I could be wrong since they might just make it different for this one, which would explain why Impa seems to have water for Biggoron sword.

Neiteio

I can't believe the incompetence of the Hyrule Warriors dev team.

It should've been on their checklist from the start:

+ Turtleneck sweater and shorts
+ Green hair
+ Go-go boots

You know, the obvious things to check off in a game. And Saria would've covered those essentials. But nooooooooooo, we give her move-set to Lana!

I swear, these people...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Still not into this whole Lana thing

I wonder if she was the Dynasty Warrior teams idea, or if Anouma and co. came up with her...

Maybe she's going to actually appear in Zelda Wii U and this is her debut.

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder if she was the Dynasty Warrior teams idea, or if Anouma and co. came up with her...

The development team didn't even have access to ALBW characters. Why would they have access to Zelda U characters?

L Thammy

RANDOM TRIVIA: Saria is the only Kokiri girl with green boots and Link's the only Kokiri boy with brown boots. For all the other ones it's the other way around.

Lana has some really cool weapons. She looks like a fun character.

The DLC costumes for the most part look really great. Not digging the SS stuff that much (Zelda's bangs, yeesh), but the rest are awesome. OoT Link is my top choice for him, and I think I'll switch back and forth between OoT & TP Zelda, since they're both excellent.

It's definitely to appeal to a Japanese audience, because from what I understand The Legend of Zelda is a series that enjoys popularity mostly in the west

Frankly I don't care who came up with her, I just feel like she clashes with what the Zelda series has been doing so far stylistically

Neiteio

I'm not suggesting anything unreasonable, only that Nintendo is probably homophobic and sexist and racist and a number of other controversial things if they don't include Saria, so they should really add her in before things get a bit heated, ya know what I'm saying

Seik

Banned
*Sigh*

This game needs to come out already, can't wait to play it. D:

I'm not suggesting anything unreasonable, only that Nintendo is probably homophobic and sexist and racist and a number of other controversial things if they don't include Saria, so they should really add her in before things get a bit heated, ya know what I'm saying

Dude why Saria? What do you want her to do against enemies? Waving at them? :p

Nabooru would be more fitting.

Nabooru_Artwork.png

TDLink

It still kinda aggravates me that they made movesets perfect for Nabooru (Naginata) and Saria (Deku Stick) and just gave them to existing characters. On the one hand I can understand not wanting to make the roster an OOT-fest, on the other...they went to the trouble of making these perfect movesets for those characters. It is a bit mind boggling that they are just assigned elsewhere.

Neiteio

Dude why Saria? What do you want her to do against enemies? Waving at them? :p

Nabooru would be more fitting.
I'd like Nabooru, too. But Saria has always been my favorite of the OoT Sages. I just love her character design. Not an extraneous detail, and the color scheme is PERFECT. And of course, she's Link's childhood BFF. :)

As for what she could do, Lana's move-set would've been perfect for her...

Would have been a fantastic moveset for Makar or Saria. If at least one of them isn't in with the moveset cloned over that would be a tremendous waste of potential.

I guess worst case scenario it still seems like a lot of fun to play with - but it would be tremendously odd to give this moveset to Lana of all characters if they weren't planning on doubling up some of the moves and giving them to several characters. Maybe that will be the Big Reveal of the Hyrule Warriors Direct - that the roster will be filled to the brim since they can take some movesets and give them to multiple characters!

kiryogi

Banned
It still kinda aggravates me that they made movesets perfect for Nabooru (Naginata) and Saria (Deku Stick) and just gave them to existing characters. On the one hand I can understand not wanting to make the roster an OOT-fest, on the other...they went to the trouble of making these perfect movesets for those characters. It is a bit mind boggling that they are just assigned elsewhere.

It seems to be decently balanced between each entry and meanwhile wanting Makar, it doesn't look like there's any Wind Waker cast here unfortunately. :p

Look at all the recent female characters in Zelda games. TThn look at most of the female cast of Dynasty and Samurai Warriors.

Of course it was Tecmo-Koei.

Seik

Banned
I'd like Nabooru, too. But Saria has always been my favorite of the OoT Sages. I just love her character design. Not an extraneous detail, and the color scheme is PERFECT. And of course, she's Link's childhood BFF. :)

As for what she could do, Lana's move-set would've been perfect for her...

Especially THIS one, Saria would've made sense with a Deku Stick with these kind of powers.

Sounds like she won't make it in. :/

Lumyst

Aww, so Wind Waker items are in the game (I think I saw the leaf) but I would have liked to see some Wind Waker characters. However, Wind Waker allows you to play as Medli and Makar (albeit in a limited fashion) and I'd pretty much have only wanted to play as those two so it's not really a loss since those characters were already playable in a Zelda game :p

It seems to be decently balanced between each entry and meanwhile wanting Makar, it doesn't look like there's any Wind Waker cast here unfortunately. :p
The only strange thing is that SS and TP both have a villian from their entry but OoT does not. Perhaps Twinrova is a secret since thats the only one that could be on par with Zant and Ghirahim.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, why do we only have three characters left?

I know there was three character slots in the NicoNico stream, but that was only for Story Mode iirc, so Ganondorf and possible playable villains probably have a different character select screen.

Plus the E3 demo only had nine spaces, and this time we saw more spaces.

I still think though we'll see two more Skyward Sword characters, and one Twilight Princess. That way things will be even since Ocarina has three reps (Sheik, Darunia, Ruto) to it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Lana has the two coolest movesets. She will be very fun to play with. With the Wind Waker leaf on top.

L~A

You know, I hope there's some special battles based on famous events in the series... like, I dunno, Zant's invasion of Hyrule Castle (that you see during that famous cutscene in TP), the battle just before Hylia takes humanity and send it to the skies, or Ganondorf's invasion of Hyrule.

And as far as DLC is concerned, I don't think they've confirmed anything other than the special costumes. I wouldn't mind a "new character + new battle" pack.

Kinsei

Banned
You know, I hope there's some special battles based on famous events in the series... like, I dunno, Zant's invasion of Hyrule Castle (that you see during that famous cutscene in TP), the battle just before Hylia takes humanity and send it to the skies, or Ganondorf's invasion of Hyrule.

And as far as DLC is concerned, I don't think they've confirmed anything other than the special costumes. I wouldn't mind a "new character + new battle" pack.

I'd love it if there were special stages like that. Maybe they could be unlocked through the challenge mode?

I don't want character DLC. The time spent on those characters could be used for a sequel.

If the game is good, I really hope it doesn't become a one game per system series like Mario Kart and Smash.

I hope Lana becomes more interesting, or at least is more interesting in the game than she is in the trailers. Because I'm starting to agree with other posters in that she seems like a standard anime character, and a little out of place in the Zelda universe. I didn't think that at first, but every time I see some new footage of her, she just seems to get more and more stereotypical.

fedexpeon

Banned
I know this topic is about Lana, but dang, Link+Fists is the first time I think I have ever see Link so badass, and so focus on killing everything on the field.
My goodness, if that Link were canon, he would totally stab Ganondorf multiple times in the head with that badass attitude, and then telling Ganon to resurrect again so he can make him into his personal pig-horse in Ganon's next life.

Fandangox

That is probably the type of stage that is more likely to be a DLC bonus stage/mission rather than being part of the main game, if the orochi games are anything to go by.

I do hope something like that is in the base game though. I'd love to see, say, the imprisoning war, or the war with Hylia, The Hero, and Demise.

mclem

I just realized that Lana's spellbook was a missed opportunity to bring back to the Book of Mudora. Imagine all of the translation-based attacks she could have had.

"You want to fight me? Uh, sure... just move over to this plinth with a picture of a medallion on it, would you? Yeah, that's right, all of you. And just group up. Tightly now! Right, now where were we..."

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't get the love for desire to get Saria, she's practically a green haired young Link. Maybe they'll make her a costume for Link.

Edit: from this game's point of view.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Once again : NEAT STUFF.

So every character is getting 2/3 weapons? Is that commom for DW games?

Does it mean you get to level up the character + its different weapons?

L~A

Nah, I'm pretty sure that in regular DW games, characters can use pretty much any weapon (though some are better suited to each character). HW is unique because each character got its own tailor-made weapons.

And I don't think all characters got a secondary weapon... well, so far, they haven't revealed any for Agitha, for example.

No to all of your questions. As far as we know, some characters will only have one weapon, iirc Link will have four. These kinds of things wary in the Warriors games. There's no set formula. Some games have no extra weapons while other games have random drops with like infinite weapons. You can most likely not level up the weapons in this game; that wouldn't really make any sense.

Top Bottom