• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: character trailer #15, Lana (with Deku Stick)

Fandangox

Once again : NEAT STUFF.

So every character is getting 2/3 weapons? Is that commom for DW games?

Does it mean you get to level up the character + its different weapons?

DW have multiple weapon for characters (which most of them can share with each other)

Samurai Warriors have character-specific weapons (a single moveset) I prefer it this way.

You will level up the character, and maybe level up some aspects of the weapon.

Jackano

RANDOM TRIVIA: Saria is the only Kokiri girl with green boots and Link's the only Kokiri boy with brown boots. For all the other ones it's the other way around.
Link isn't a Kokiri.

I'm fine with Lana and Cia.
Don't forget this is a new game (and more over a spin-off), so it needs to come with new characters. Try not to forget that, even if with the whole OoT/TP/SS content made us think it's a fan service game àla Smash Bros. Well it is not, and I think they have done a pretty good job on character design, staying faithful to the Zelda series (Lana inspired by Nayru, Valgia by Volvagia, Cia likely by Twinrova) and with Musõ input (Cia boobs, Lana voice acting).

Remember the fears when the game was first announced, I think back then we would have signed for what it looks like now.

Why is Lana so perfect?

The hate so many people have for her is hilarious as well, I don't see her as a bad addition at all.

kiryogi

Banned
The only strange thing is that SS and TP both have a villian from their entry but OoT does not. Perhaps Twinrova is a secret since thats the only one that could be on par with Zant and Ghirahim.

I'm thinking the OoT villian would probably be Ganondorf, we know he's been confirmed already, just in what form?

The nods to the Deku Stick moveset is great though, we get the leaf from Wind Waker, the baby Deku Tree, and even the Deku Shield. Fantastic.

Also it's funny while we don't get voice acting, we definitely get japanese nuances instead with Lana

L~A

I'm thinking the OoT villian would probably be Ganondorf, we know he's been confirmed already, just in what form?

The nods to the Deku Stick moveset is great though, we get the leaf from Wind Waker, the baby Deku Tree, and even the Deku Shield. Fantastic.

Also it's funny while we don't get voice acting, we definitely get japanese nuances instead with Lana

Yeah, no doubt Ganondorf is OoT's villain, and probably the arch-villain too.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh hey, the Wind Waker leaf.

Now we just need a Wind Waker character...

Please?

The plot twist: Ganondorf (and the other characters) are being manipulated by Toon Link and Zelda/Tetra, in order to bring about the downfall of Hyrule and the early arrival of their great oceans. :D

Kinsei

Banned
Link isn't a Kokiri.

I'm fine with Lana and Cia.
Don't forget this is a new game (and more over a spin-off), so it needs to come with new characters. Try not to forget that, even if with the whole OoT/TP/SS content made us think it's a fan service game àla Smash Bros. Well it is not, and I think they have done a pretty good job on character design, staying faithful to the Zelda series (Lana inspired by Nayru, Valgia by Volvagia, Cia likely by Twinrova) and with Musõ input (Cia boobs, Lana voice acting).

Remember the fears when the game was first announced, I think back then we would have signed for what it looks like now.

Every other Warriors spin-off has been a fan service game, so why not this one?

Nohar

I'm not quite sure why some people want Saria in this game so much... I'm not really a fan of the stereotypical anime attitude of Lana, but aside from that, having an original character is refreshing, and her weapons are awesome. I get the feeling she is bashed purely on the basis she is an original character, a female character (yes, I read some people complaining that she was female... Not from the ones wanting Saria in, mind you), and that she somehow stole Saria's place in the roster (which is kind of irrational ~ yes, the deku stick would fit Saria perfectly, but that doesn't mean that Saria would have been a better or a worse addition to the casting).

Also, this:

64423410e4ea389a06f6ba08ff391a876964dd.gif

You do not mess with a girl able to summon the dreaded cuccos. Bow to the Cucco queen!

MAtgS

Maybe they died right after the party.

Personal headcanon has always been they died of old age. That when they left the forest they lost their immortality & starting aging like normal hylians. Always felt that made more sense as the true meaning behind the belief that they'd die rather than assuming they'll just instantly drop dead for no apparent reason.

However, official canon is they evolved into the Koroks in WW. Which brings us to the Deku Leaf & thus to another reason this really should've been Saria's weapon.

Golnei

Personal headcanon has always been they died of old age. That when they left the forest they lost their immortality & starting aging like normal hylians. Always felt that made more sense as the true meaning behind the belief that they'd die rather than assuming they'll just instantly drop dead for no apparent reason.

I always thought it was a more flowery way of referring to them leaving the Deku Tree's protection when not in the forest - it's not like the Kokiri are terribly adept at defending themselves.

Top Bottom