• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

Red Devil

Awwww man, I hate leaks. I wonder how much this takes out of Nintendo's presentation on Tuesday.

Bummed out.

KT's fault, but got to see how far away this is, the first one got a lot of attention from people but Nintendo just threw it there in the middle of a Direct, of course now it's different and could get more attention, but even if this comes this year it might not be a lot more than what the reveal trailer's lenght.

Golnei

It would've been. It's probably a recognizability issue though

In Tetra's case, definitely. Though it might have been a good idea to give them more detailed hair textures, in line with the 3DS version of Toon Link - as it is, keeping the hair a solid untextured block looks terrible on the 3DS, and dissonant on the Wii U.

Super-Smash-Bros-Toon-Link-and-Fox.jpg

The shading isn't enough extra detail to break the style; and provides much-needed contour to compensate for the less detailed lighting.

javac

Probably not very, since it looks to just be a port. If anything it was probably going to get one of those short trailers like we got for Kirby and Captain Toad.

You're probably right, still makes me exited at what else Nintendo has in store that we currently have no idea about.

Been thinking about this port since morning.

Apparently it uses some of the Chronicles mechanics, like switch between characters in the field? SO EXCITED!
(though I would have preferred a NX port at launch, and what a launch title it would be!)

Does it come with all the DLC? Nintendo better not fuck this up.

Oh and make my N3DS useful. MH4 is amazing, but I need more games with improved performance/graphics.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kinda interesting that a musou game, a genre AFAIK heavily dependant on CPU for performance, is being ported/remade for a system that is very weak in this area. Are there any other musou games on the 3DS?

Oregano

Kinda interesting that a musou game, a genre AFAIK heavily dependant on CPU for performance, is being ported/remade for a system that is very weak in this area. Are there any other musou games on the 3DS?

There are three Samurai Warriors games and a Dynasty Warriors game. This is the first port though.

Astral Dog

The enemies didn't do anything anyways.
still, very impressive for 3DS, it almost makes the Wii U version look worse.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

There's Samurai Warriors Chronicles 1-3 and Dynasty Warriors Vs. Only Samurai Warriors Chronicles 1 made it out in English but 3 is coming out in a few weeks. It's not very impressive, visually or performance-wise, on 3DS. Hyrule Warriors looks much, much better and on par with the better Vita musou games like One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and 3.

Interesting note- Dynasty Warriors Vs. has edit parts to make Zero Suit Samus and Link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwV1tw0tWk

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, today we should discover if it was true that they were announcing this on Friday, and not in the Digital Event, right?
I mean: if that is true, they should release a PR with info (cross saves!!!????) and an English video, right?

I played a demo of the Wii U version in a Gamestop. It was fun, so I would like it to be playable on the OG 3DS/2DS because I'm not ready to upgrade.

JoeM86

so, today we should discover if it was true that they were announcing this on Friday, and not in the Digital Event, right?
I mean: if that is true, they should release a PR with info (cross saves!!!????) and an English video, right?

Yep.

I've got my ears open to the usual channels. Will post when it drops, assuming I'm not playing Splatoon.

KingBroly

Banned
I haven't played the Wii-U version in a long time but that had Co-Op right?
If so then yeah, there should be local co op on this version.

Yeah, local co-op...that downgraded the visuals A LOT and had a worse framerate to boot. So maybe wireless co-op won't have a downgrade here.

I hope that this brings another update to the Wii U version besides new characters transferring, as well as save files being able to transfer on-the-fly ala MH3U, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

AdanVC

Even if I love Zelda very much, I just hope Nintendo doesn't spend hours and hours showing off this game during their Treehouse streams or even worst, during the Digital Event with a 10 minute director showcase... I'm not so interested on this port at all :(

JoeM86

Even if I love Zelda very much, I just hope Nintendo doesn't spend hours and hours showing off this game during their Treehouse streams or even worst, during the Digital Event with a 10 minute director showcase... I'm not so interested on this port at all :(

Why would they? Chances are this will be a trailer in the Digital Event at best. Relax.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
wdazAzI.png

I-is this real?

Apparently it was posted on the SEGA Twitter and quickly taken down...

Tamanator

Samurai Warriors Chronicles was a launch title for the 3DS, the only musou that's been localised on the 3DS. It runs fine actually.

Zalman

The box art looks nice at least. But yeah, I won't double dip even though I really liked the game. I'm sure it'll sell well, especially in Japan.

Very curious about how many enemies will be rendered at once. I imagine it will be less than the Wii U version, which makes me wonder if they will tweak some of the Adventure mode stages.

They should also use this chance to make Agitha not suck.

fates

The box art looks nice at least. But yeah, I won't double dip even though I really liked the game. I'm sure it'll sell well, especially in Japan.

Probably will sell better here. I think Hyrule Warriors sold more here than in Japan itself.

Either way, I'm still eager for the official unveil, just to be sure it's actually a 3DS game and not n3DS exclusive...

Sendou

Why do people want games to not be N3DS exclusive? Why gimp these games when they can run better on the new hardware?

Because it's not that much more powerful and not many people (rightly so) saw any reason to buy a N3DS when they already own the regular 3DS.

watershed

Banned
Why do people want games to not be N3DS exclusive? Why gimp these games when they can run better on the new hardware?

Because most 3ds owners don't own a N3ds and would rather pay $40 for this game rather than $200 for a N3ds XL (in NA) and $40 for this game. It seems reasonable enough.

Well, I don't think they usually give ports more attention than they deserve, unless it's a port that does something significant (In most cases due to being a remake, though even some remakes don't receive THAT much pre-release coverage for obvious reasons)

MH4U looks and runs a lot better on N3DS, I don't know how it works, but the option is there and more developers need to put it to use.

ESPECIALLY NINTENDO

I did not buy a revision just to play MH4.
(actually I did)

Because most 3ds owners don't own a N3ds and would rather pay $40 for this game rather than $200 for a N3ds XL (in NA) and $40 for this game. It seems reasonable enough.

Boo hoo? Trade it in and get the new one. Let's let this new hardware rot because some babies are attached to old technology.

Boo hoo? Trade it in and get the new one. Let's let this new hardware rot because some babies are attached to old technology.
This is a really dumb attitude to have. Why should people buy a whole new system that's nothing more then a minor upgrade just so they can play one game?

Top Bottom