• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

NZerker12

Hyrule Warriors is currently my 2nd favourite musou game, so this is great news. I can finally play it wherever I want.
More than the few feet you need to be for the WiiU.

Tingle being on the cover of the 3DS game is sign that at least a few of the DLC characters will make it into the final game, I hope. I wanna play as the Majora's Mask set of characters if I get this.

Joqu

I somehow missed this up until now, pretty cool stuff. Are we expecting New 3DS enhancements to be in? I imagine the game would run pretty funky without any no?

Son Of D

Have there been other Warrior games on the 3DS before? I'm curious what the performance will be like. The only handheld Warriors game I've played is DW8 on PSV and it ran like a pile of ass.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 1, 2 and 3 (I think 2 and 3 are Japan only) and the Japan only Dynasty Warriors Versus.

Tetra and the King?!

Day 1.

(Hoping Red's boat form shows up in some attack - hey, they got Epona to work, right? What can possibly go wrong!)

Son Of D

They let you buy Mewtwo in Smash so it might be like a couple weeks later you can buy the WW characters?

The Mewtwo offer was a Club Nintendo promotion. This just seems like it's either a download code included or a 3DS to Wii U synch style thing where you need both games.

Although I won't be surprised if they're paid DLC once the initial shipment of HW 3DS is done so that it doesn't hurt 3DS sales.

Neo Dark

Of course it's a glitch. You think they added that convoluted exploit on purpose or something?

And it's not unheard of for glitches to persist between ports.

Well it's just weird considering they patched out the other glitches. Plus the underflow calculation seems odd since you're using a weapon that increases rupee drop

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Haha, Nintendo supporting the 3DS while sony continue to kill the vita.

Hero

Wow, can't believe they got this to work on 3DS. Impressive stuff. Hopefully this paves the way for Fire Emblem Warriors.

alexein

i will get it , i just hope that it will be new 3ds enchanced at least like mh4.
i will get samurai warriors chronicle 3 on vita though.

Haha, Nintendo supporting the 3DS while sony continue to kill the vita.
I feel like it's funnier that Nintendo continue to put games that are extraordinarily similar, if not completely identical to their Wii U lineup on the 3DS. It shows their lack of faith in the console completely, as well as their lack of ambition pertaining to the scope of their console games.

Hero

I feel like it's funnier that Nintendo continue to put games that are extraordinarily similar, if not completely identical to their Wii U lineup on the 3DS. It shows their lack of faith in the console completely, as well as their lack of ambition pertaining to the scope of their console games.

Super Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors

And?

Golnei

They can't really afford ambition at this point - the failure of their home console and their reliance on a mostly-obsolete, quickly-vanishing handheld market as a primary revenue stream necessitate terminal aversion to risk. Cross-pollinating between handheld and console lineups and producing as many safe sequels, ports and remakes as humanly possible while severely limiting the budget and scope of their output are almost necessary for their survival; at least until they can shift their output to mobile.

Super Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors

And?

Super Mario 3D Land / World
DKCR / DKCR3D
Xenoblade / Xenoblade 3D
Mario Kart 7 / 8
Kirby Canvas / Rainbow Curse
Shovel Knight
Star Fox Command / Star Fox Wii U
Fire Emblem If / Illusory Revelations #FE
Nintendo Land / Face Raiders

They even share some Virtual Console games, it can't get any more blatant.

Super Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors

And?
Smash 3DS / Wii U
Hyrule Warriors / Hyrule Warriors
Mario 3D Land / 3D World
NSMB2 / NSMBU
DKC Returns / Tropical Freeze
MK7 / MK8
Dr. Mario / Dr Luigi

Quite a few! Although most Wii U variants are better, it makes me less inclined to want to buy the console since I already own the 3DS and would rather get a PS4.

Hero

They can't really afford ambition at this point - the failure of their home console and their reliance on a mostly-obsolete, quickly-vanishing handheld market as a primary revenue stream necessitate terminal aversion to risk. Cross-pollinating between handheld and console lineups and producing as many safe sequels, ports and remakes as humanly possible while severely limiting the budget and scope of their output are almost necessary for their survival; at least until they can shift their output to mobile.

Super Mario 3D Land / World
DKCR / DKCR3D
Xenoblade / Xenoblade 3D
Mario Kart 7 / 8
Kirby Canvas / Rainbow Curse
Shovel Knight
Star Fox Command / Star Fox Wii U
Fire Emblem If / Illusory Revelations #FE
Nintendo Land / Face Raiders

They even share some Virtual Console games, it can't get any more blatant.

You forgot the Mii Channel.

Fuck yes.

I still would love TP to show up on the system.

Five retail Zelda games on one game console? You're a mad man.

(retail games only)
NES - 2
SNES - 1
N64 - 2
GCN - 3
Wii - 3
WiiU - 2 (3 if counting the upcoming Zelda U)
-
GameBoy - 4
GBA - 2
DS - 2
3DS - 3 (4 counting Hyrule Warriors 3DS)

It would certainly be unprecedented, and would make 3DS the best Zelda console bar none.

Pizza

Hey maybe this is to drum up hyrule warriors 2 interest! ;) a hyrule warriors about the toon/handheld worlds would be so gosh darn great

ZhugeEX

Banned
Someone tell me this is fake.

sonic_hyrule_warriors_rumour.png

Golnei

Someone tell me this is fake.

sonic_hyrule_warriors_rumour.png

Definitely fake. Even leaving aside the absurdity of the collaboration; they'd never re-use the DLC artwork instead of their render as a playable character. That'd be like cropping out a section of the Wind Waker box art for Tetra and the King's renders.

Ansatz

Smash 3DS / Wii U
Hyrule Warriors / Hyrule Warriors
Mario 3D Land / 3D World
NSMB2 / NSMBU
DKC Returns / Tropical Freeze
MK7 / MK8
Dr. Mario / Dr Luigi

Quite a few! Although most Wii U variants are better, it makes me less inclined to want to buy the console since I already own the 3DS and would rather get a PS4.

This says to me that if you want to play the sequel of significantly higher quality, or best version of the same game, Wii U is the system you need, not 3DS.

Top Bottom