• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
why do people say things like this? (second time I read this in the thread)

If it wasn't for the 3DS handhelds WiiU would not have suffered with so few titles

3DS has everything that would make a console great

too bad the tiny screen and my poor vision do not get along
It's such a weird thing that happens this gen, it's basically nintendo fans vs nintendo fans with alot of 3ds owners really wanting to put the WiiU down for some reason.

sensui-tomo

Checked Jim Sterling's review (only one I do for musou) out of curiosity, and this was the biggest negative section he had on it:

He ended up giving the game a six. But PSP offerings were superior to the 3DS game? Sheesh. I'm curious how they manage Hyrule Warriors. DW8 PSV at least has some ugly as sin environments and legitimately begins to chug and drop frames when you engage large amounts of enemies

DW8 was a shit port for the vita, DW Next was the superior game in that aspect, WO3U and SW4 ran wayyyyyy better than DW8... but i agree with jim's statement on the psp warriors titles being better than Samurai warriors chronicles for the 3ds(the game looked bleh and ran bleh, but this is comparing the last psp titles... not the first warriors titles on it because those ran like the 3ds current games)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Three new characters (Twili Midna, Tingle, and Young Link w/ Fierce Deity Mask), new weapons like Epona (available in HW, OoT and TP skins) and the Dominion Rod, new costumes like Mailman Link and Ilia Zelda, three new Adventure Maps spanning hundreds of missions, a boss mode where you can play as Ganon, special alternate colors and MM masks for all of the characters, and more.

It's an excellent value, right up there with the DLC for MK8.

Thanks! Looks like a good value yeah.

Didn't people complain about the framerate on the Wii U version? I wonder how they'll make that bearable here. I'll totally pick this up if it runs well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Didn't people complain about the framerate on the Wii U version? I wonder how they'll make that bearable here. I'll totally pick this up if it runs well.
Framerate was choppy in some places, usually when there is waaayyyy too much action on screen, and they improved the performance with patches and such. So it'd mostly fine.

Razmos

So is this coming with all the added DLC? Or are they expecting people to rebuy that stuff?
The cover shows Tingle, so pretty likely that the DLC is included.

They probably didn't include Twili Midna or Young Link because they are different versions of characters already on there.

Kikorin

Awesome, surprised this works on 3DS to be honest! Anyway I've already played a lot HW on Wii U, I'm not sure to rebuy this on 3DS, but the possibility to play it anywhere...sigh, probably I'll buy it again :(

Zero²

Will we be able to buy the new characters separately on the WiiU version, or we will need to buy the 3ds one just for them?

jimi_dini

Zero²;167231753 said:
Will we be able to buy the new characters separately on the WiiU version, or we will need to buy the 3ds one just for them?

3 words:
WIND WAKER AMIIBOS

I want those

Razmos

Zero²;167231753 said:
We don't know yet, but if Mewtwo in Smash Bros. is anything to go by, then probably the former.

I'd double dip if you could transfer your savegame between the two versions. There's still a lot of stuff to do in the Wii U version, but I don't really want to start the game from the beginning again.

Griss

Horrific amount of grinding? Only the last two DLC packs required any grinding.

This is a joke, right? Outside of the campaign, Hyrule Warriors is "Grinding: The Game". Even getting all of the skulltulas in the campaign requires playing the same stages multiple times with different characters.

But adventure mode is a pure grindfest. Assuming that by the time you're into adventure mode you know how to play the game near maximum efficiency (which isn't hard) then all that determines your success or failure is your level, for which you have to grind each character and replay maps over and over ad nauseam.

You have to grind for ludicrously rare item drops, you have to grind for rupees, you have to grind for exp, and most hatefully of all, you have to grind for 'map items' just so that you can unlock rewards, or else you'll be playing a map even more times than usual. And god forbid that you use a map item on the wrong square. Hope you like playing a 15 minute map again (AGAIN) just for the chance at another guess!

Come on, man. It's a blatant grind. The content on offer in the base game does not in any way justify the roughly 150 hours it takes to get through it.

Eh, It's awesome that we get Wind Waker characters but I would much rather just have a sequel at this point. Kinda glad this leaked as this news would have been more disappointing for me than anything else. I guess this doesn't discount a sequel happening it just won't be happening any time soon if we are still getting characters for the Wii U version.

Zero²;167231753 said:

Right now it's unknown, but it's probable it will be a temporary exclusivity like with Smash.

Zero²

Right now it's unknown, but it's probable it will be a temporary exclusivity like with Smash.
I see, I held off buying the game until now because I didnt have the time to go full at it, but I definitely plan on doing so this vacation.
If I dont buy Bayonetta 2 first, decisions...

nubbe

GVDPPYD.gif

I can play the game on my Wii U game pad. There are not enough instances where I am away from that and can still play my 3DS. So it isn't for me. Still, I think it's a great game and a good chance to get it out into more hands.

jimi_dini

This is a joke, right? Outside of the campaign, Hyrule Warriors is "Grinding: The Game". Even getting all of the skulltulas in the campaign requires playing the same stages multiple times with different characters.

???

Most of the time you should get the first skulltula during the first playthrough.

And after that you get the second skulltula for using a specific character and beating certain objectives.
That's not what "grinding" is. For quite a few skulltulas you are not allowed to get hit at all or 1 time at worst. That's also not grinding. The game is giving you skulltulas for playing well.

And there are 2 skulltulas at best. Which means "multiple times with different characters" is factually wrong. You play it once using any character you like. And then you can play it again using a specific character beating specific objectives. That's actually a challenge.

Uncharted 3 treasures are a grindfest. In that game you have to do the same shit over and over and over and over again until the RNG returns the correct value.

But adventure mode is a pure grindfest.

It's not. Not at all.
I wouldn't have played 350 hours+ if it was a grind at all. I hate grindfests.

Assuming that by the time you're into adventure mode you know how to play the game near maximum efficiency (which isn't hard) then all that determines your success or failure is your level, for which you have to grind each character and replay maps over and over ad nauseam.

I didn't do that at all. I beat most missions the first time. And there are so many missions, that you never have to grind at all. If you try to beat the more difficult stages using low level characters, well yes you will probably fail. But that's your fault.

And god forbid that you use a map item on the wrong square. Hope you like playing a 15 minute map again (AGAIN) just for the chance at another guess!

Just quit the game after using the item. Voila, you are able to try again.

And at least the first 2 or 3 maps are not a "guess work" at all, because they are simply the original Legend of Zelda maps. The remaining ones follow logic almost all of the time. If you use the wrong item on the wrong map square it's your fault most of the time.

georly

Totally unexpected, but I'll definitely pick it up if it has save file transfer functionality.

Who am I kidding, I'm a zelda nut, i'll get it regardless... I just may not play it that much.

Malus

Don't blame the 3DS for the WII U's lack of titles. Blame the WII U for the WII U's lack of titles.

Is the Wii U a person or something lol? If they focused on 1 platform instead of 2 whether it be 3DS or Wii U obviously that platform would have more titles.

You have to grind for ludicrously rare item drops, you have to grind for rupees, you have to grind for exp, and most hatefully of all, you have to grind for 'map items' just so that you can unlock rewards, or else you'll be playing a map even more times than usual. And god forbid that you use a map item on the wrong square. Hope you like playing a 15 minute map again (AGAIN) just for the chance at another guess!

Come on, man. It's a blatant grind. The content on offer in the base game does not in any way justify the roughly 150 hours it takes to get through it.

Yeah this is the worst part of adventure mode, they really need to "fix" this in a sequel. Have some Items consumable like bombs, compasses, even add keys maybe, but have some proper permanent items like the Hook Shot, Raft, etc.

SapphireZora

Neo Member
*cough*and Saria and Skull Kid*cough*

*cough* and Nabooru *cough* Dual scimitars + Gerudo Valley music. Make her fight sort of like the Gerudo from OoT, but add in sand magic (like Ruto's water and Darunia's fire), and I think she'd make for a fantastic character. You could even implement her Iron Knuckle armor and giant ax for a move or two. I'd love to see her and Saria given the treatment Ruto and Darunia had.

Also, I'm stoked about Tetra and the King too - great additions. :)

Haines

Banned
Wish I had interest in this game to begin with.

I just cant muster any. I assume this is just to get some more sales off of a bigger system base etc.

Razmos

*cough* and Nabooru *cough* Dual scimitars + Gerudo Valley music. Make her fight sort of like the Gerudo from OoT, but add in sand magic (like Ruto's water and Darunia's fire), and I think she'd make for a fantastic character. You could even implement her Iron Knuckle armor and giant ax for a move or two. I'd love to see her and Saria given the treatment Ruto and Darunia had.

Also, I'm stoked about Tetra and the King too - great additions. :)
Good point! Nabooru was my first choice ahead of Saria, Groose and Skull Kid, forgot about her though because most of the complaints were about no groose, and Lana taking the place of Saria and Skull Kid.

Falchion

This looks really fun, need to finally get a Wii U and play the OG version.

On a side note, I can't believe how quickly these videos are getting taken down. Didn't find a single working Youtube one in the whole thread.

Kinsei

Banned

But adventure mode is a pure grindfest. Assuming that by the time you're into adventure mode you know how to play the game near maximum efficiency (which isn't hard) then all that determines your success or failure is your level, for which you have to grind each character and replay maps over and over ad nauseam.

Grind for item drops? I never did that until the TP DLC when bosses dropped two at once.
Grind for rupees? i never did that until the TP DLC.
Grind for EXP? I only did that after finishing the first adventure map 100% and wanted to get Link up to level 99 before the Master Quest DLC released.
Grind for map items? Only a handful.

Neiteio

A way for me to copy my save data from the WiiU version to the 3DS version would be incredible. I think this would sell a lot of WiiU fans on the 3DS version, since they could continue their current progress on the go, then resume on the big screen back at home. Likewise, 3DS fans who start with the 3DS game might be more inclined to upgrade to a WiiU if they can transfer their save data to the console.

Dreavus

A way for me to copy my save data from the WiiU version to the 3DS version would be incredible. I think this would sell a lot of WiiU fans on the 3DS version, since they could continue their current progress on the go, then resume on the big screen back at home. Likewise, 3DS fans who start with the 3DS game might be more inclined to upgrade to a WiiU if they can transfer their save data to the console.

The 3DS version needs this feature for it to be of any interest to me. Honestly it's an all or nothing thing for me with a game this huge. There's no way I'm starting all over again.

sörine

Banned
MH3U did this and I wish more 3DSU multis would adopt similar solutions. NES VC especially.

Top Bottom