• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

Kinsei

Banned
Wonder if they'll tone down the horrific amount of grinding seeing as it's a portable title.

Also each battle taking roughly 12-15 minutes doesn't exactly scream 'prime handheld action' to me.

Horrific amount of grinding? Only the last two DLC packs required any grinding.

This makes me hope that they end up bringing a sequel to this series. The Dynasty Warrior games don't take long to make, maybe a sequel wouldn't take too long to make also. There were a few worlds and characters I would've liked to have seen. :)

Samurai Warriors Chronicles, but I haven't played it so no clue
Checked Jim Sterling's review (only one I do for musou) out of curiosity, and this was the biggest negative section he had on it:
The challenge doesn't do much to hide the fact that battles, while still pretty good at delivering mindless fun, feel flat and flavorless when compared to the console titles, not to mention superior PSP offerings such as Warriors Orochi. Enemies aren't quite so prevalent, and the environments are more simplistic and bland than ever. Furthermore, the battle is frequently interrupted by objective notifications, which pause the game until you manually exit them. Gameplay is interrupted enough times to qualify as utterly absurd.

He ended up giving the game a six. But PSP offerings were superior to the 3DS game? Sheesh. I'm curious how they manage Hyrule Warriors. DW8 PSV at least has some ugly as sin environments and legitimately begins to chug and drop frames when you engage large amounts of enemies

Amani

King of Red Lions. And Tetra.

Potentially badass boat combos.

a5gLSgU.gif

Have there been other Warrior games on the 3DS before? I'm curious what the performance will be like. The only handheld Warriors game I've played is DW8 on PSV and it ran like a pile of ass.

Samurai Warriors! It was my favorite 3DS launch title. I am not a super hardcore musou player so I don't know how it compares to other entries.

It did have the ability to select ai players elsewhere on the battlefield at any time and take control of them, which was super awesome.

Also, and this has nothing to do with this thread, but since we are talking about these games, I secretly hope for Star Wars Musou.

Razmos

Hmm... I wonder if the infinite rupee glitch will still be there. If it is... confirmed not to be a glitch?
Of course it's a glitch. You think they added that convoluted exploit on purpose or something?

And it's not unheard of for glitches to persist between ports.

Overside

Banned
All the other links are down so here's a fresh one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtqI2paEek

I'm thinking this will be exclusive to New 3DS. Is the New 3DS that big a graphical jump from the old one?

Graphically? Yeah... And Not really, it got a big ram boost, so that helps... But what the new 3ds is really about is the cpu boost.

Which is pretty huge for 3ds, because that means it can handle a lot more draw calls, something that really seemed to be bottle necking the system. (And stuff like ai scripts too)

Something that I would think would be pretty important for this kind of game, so im really surprised theres no confirmation in the vid for new3ds only.

Guess my Smash fears came to life in a game I was finally about to buy.

I nearly don't want female Link in the game so I won't have to spend 40 bucks to play her in the Wii U version.

Kathian

Banned
Kid Icarus is a good show for what the 3DS can do; not so far from whats being done here (in fact KI is my favourite looking 3DS game)

The 3DS has N64 ports, Wii Ports and games based on the Wii U, and all these games feel like they are worth the same and are from the same era. That's how timeless Nintendo's games are.

Dr. Buni

I thought the 3ds doesnt have amiibo function? Which proves this is a 3ds title, and ... why did we buy an N3ds again(just for xenoblade and amiibo functions in games?)
You bought because you wanted it. Although there are probably more exclusive N3DS games to come other than Xenoblade, no one ever said it would get tons of exclusive content.

Kesith

Neo Member
Why would anyone play this over the Wii U version?

I don't know about playing it over the Wii U if you have both. But 3DS has a lot more units in the wild than the Wii U. If they can get this thing running smoothly also, could be a fun commute game.

TrueBlue

I hope they eventually make the new characters available for Wii U owners, I don't wanna spend forty quid on a game I already own.

Aroll

Probably BS. Isn't that just the Sonic art for the Zelda DLC level of Lost World?

of course it is, which can still make sense with how crazy HW can get to drag sonic in just for the hell of it due to a dlc pack (aka, trying to keep Sonic relevant).

But, I doubted it entirely. Just wondering if anyone actually saw the tweet.

rhandino

Banned
It sold more than 900k outside Japan.

In North America it's debut was better than any Dynasty Warriors game and based on the last publicly available data the game has already out sold all Dynasty Warriors game except Dynasty Warriors 3 and Dynasty Warriors 4. Although I wont be surprised if it's already passed DW3 and will shortly reach or exceed DW4 sales.
o_O

Those are incredible numbers, so happy that this game sold so well!

Can't wait for Hyrule Warriors 2 + Season Pass =P

I've played Hyrule Warriors for almost 200 hours on the Wii U. I can't stand it anymore.

Played it for three hours last night.

Is this just a port? I've already sunk a ton of hours into the original so if so I'm not sure if I'd get this unless it's the only way to get Tetra and the King. Wind Waker representation felt like a maaaajor omission in the original game so either way it's great to see them.

NeonZ

Checked Jim Sterling's review (only one I do for musou) out of curiosity, and this was the biggest negative section he had on it:

He ended up giving the game a six. But PSP offerings were superior to the 3DS game? Sheesh. I'm curious how they manage Hyrule Warriors. DW8 PSV at least has some ugly as sin environments and legitimately begins to chug and drop frames when you engage large amounts of enemies

The environments being bland is mostly a game design issue. Most stages in Chronicles 1 came straight from SW3, and I played both and they were actually rather close to the original. Some lower quality textures, but that's it.

Now, the character models themselves were significantly worse though, and the enemies were much more sparse. However, it should be noted that turning off 3d increased the amount of enemies (still very small) and for the VN-like segments they had much more higher quality models - even better than the ones used in SW3 itself.

Anyway, I think his complaint about the objectives is really misguided, IMO. SWC is a heavily objective focused game. They exploited the fact that you control multiple characters in different points of the battlefield, and also noticed that the number of enemies was low for a musou game, and clearly designed the stages and goals around that. High morale gives the enemies, in their territory, super armor, increased hp and attack, and the only way to lower that is through accomplishing those objectives (differently from SW4 where you just need to knock down some flags). SWC absolutely isn't a game where you can just ignore the objectives and mash to victory.

TreIII

That was never going to happen. Everything was Warrior since last year, so the teams are already too busy making other cross-overs!

Well that, and the fact that the proper DW9 has been hinted at getting a reveal right on time for Shin Sangoku Musou's 15th anniversary. For DW/SSM to be Koei's flagship, I would imagine that a great focus will be on that for a while.

Besides, I imagine that it would be more apt to wait for Zelda U to go first...
so that Omega Force would have more assets to utilize for their own game!

That was unexpected. Unlike Smash Bros., I'm not bothering to double dip just for Tetra and The King, so I'll just wait for when the 3DS version is on sale.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Nintendo should open their direct with Iwata discovering the Hyrule Warriors 3DS leak, followed by pressing a button on his desk labeled "Ninjas"

Top Bottom