• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

Happening.

latest

Prepare your triforce-flavored chili dogs, folks.

Where is my playable Spirit Track train!?

It'll probaly have to be Ghost Zelda who transforms into a Ghost Train. Otherwise it wouldn't work. Even The King has a legit excuse for being able to turn into a boat.

Also, is it just me or is Nintendo re-using art assets moreso now than in any generation previously?

Golnei

Since Ganondorf only had two DLC costumes from his appearances in the main games as opposed to Link and Zelda's three (and it's likely that all of them will be available in the base game for the 3DS release, as the DLC characters appear to be present) would it be at all likely for them to finally give us a Wind Waker Ganondorf costume? Obviously the characters don't need to have an equal number of outfits, but it seems like a waste for that to be Ganondorf's only ingame appearance not usable by the player; especially with this game's added WW representation.

Kaze Kyou

*Yaaawn* Good morning guys! What seems to be the commot-

HOLY FUFDSKJLJFIWU-

Never played the Wii U one, so I'm definitely gonna jump in.

Huh. Hope we can buy the characters separately for the Wii U (most likely we can, like in Smash), because I mostly play this coop with the missus. If this is for the regular 3DS, I can't see it running too well, and if it's for the New, I don't even have one...

What the Wii U version needs is more bosses, dammit.

Jesus Christ this is awful. I just started writing a satirical weekly article called The Anonymous Source where I make up bs and attribute it to an anonymous source.

My first one was Sonic in Hyrule Warriors using scrapped Sonic and the Black Knight Wii U assets and Lost Worlds Link costume DLC. Then I wake up to this shit. Come On!

Sometimes reality is more bullshit than actual bullshit man.

Sevyne

Wait. What am I missing. Why would you go for the lesser version hardware wise.

Some people have a preference to portables. Like, I've poured hundreds of hours into the game on Wii U. Stopped playing it maybe a month ago, but I'll be getting it again on 3ds and diving back in because I'm really into portable gaming.

DizzyCrow

Super Mario 3D Land / World
DKCR / DKCR3D
Xenoblade / Xenoblade 3D
Mario Kart 7 / 8
Kirby Canvas / Rainbow Curse
Shovel Knight
Star Fox Command / Star Fox Wii U
Fire Emblem If / Illusory Revelations #FE
Nintendo Land / Face Raiders

They even share some Virtual Console games, it can't get any more blatant.
Hence the NX

The box is missing Amiibo logo, suggesting that Amiibo functionality isn't in the 3DS version.

So I say fake until confirmed otherwise.

Wii U original does support it, maybe you would scan it on Wii U, get Sonic, and then transfer him to 3DS ala the other way around with Tetra and the King.

Also, the box may not be final and could get the amiibo logo later, the rating is not final as you can see.

Golnei

GX I bet.

It's clearly the current Smash model.

Odd that they decided to produce new renders based on Fox and Falcon's Smash Bros. models instead of using the existing ones - perhaps they were preliminary poses for those characters in Smash Bros. which were altered later in development, which they didn't feel the need to change for Mario Kart? After all, they did end up using a severely outdated render of Samus' design from some Gamecube spinoff instead of her current design.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's clearly the current Smash model.

Odd that they decided to produce new renders based on Fox and Falcon's Smash Bros. models instead of using the existing ones - perhaps they were preliminary poses for those characters in Smash Bros. which were altered later in development, which they didn't feel the need to change for Mario Kart? After all, they did end up using a severely outdated render of Samus' design from some Gamecube spinoff instead of her current design.
This is the first time I'm noticing Captain Falcon's pistol. Why aren't people clamoring for that like they did with Ganondorf and the sword? lol

Son Of D

This is the first time I'm noticing Captain Falcon's pistol. Why aren't people clamoring for that like they did with Ganondorf and the sword? lol

I don't think he's actually used it in a game. It's just there because he was/is a bounty hunter.

Nintendo NEVER reuses art in their games!

kx3XFE0.png

OH WAIT!

Yeah but re-using hand drawn art as a CG render? I mean really? Also, there is no copyright Sega date on the pic. Not to mention, the leak posted fake japanese text, as part of Sega JP's fictional "tweet", via Google Translate. It's fake, don't fool yourself please.

Not able to watch the video, but I'm hoping this is a Mewtwo situation where Tetra and the King of Red Lions can be separately acquired on the Wii U. I like the game, but not enough to double dip, yet if there's one character set I need in the game it's Wind Waker, my sentimental favourite of the Zelda series.

Not

Banned
Awwww man, I hate leaks. I wonder how much this takes out of Nintendo's presentation on Tuesday.

Bummed out.

maxcriden

Awwww man, I hate leaks. I wonder how much this takes out of Nintendo's presentation on Tuesday.

Bummed out.

As discussed earlier in the thread, apparently this was slated to be announced this week, so it might not feature much in the E3 presentation at all. Even if that turns out not to be correct, I'm sure the Digital Event will have plenty more to show us, hopefully including something Diddy Kong related based on that recent TM.

Azuran

Banned
OMG, I will play the hell out of this game when I go back to school. Currently playing the hell out of the Wii U version and having a blast with it.

fates

Pretty excited about this. Really surprised (and happy) it's not New 3DS exclusive.

What are the chances of it getting bumped up to New 3DS exclusive though? Not really in a position to buy a New 3DS right now...

javac

Nintendo leak, crazy. I wonder how big of an announcement/segment this was/is going to get. I bet the leak will get referenced in the Treehouse lol.

Berordn

Nintendo leak, crazy. I wonder how big of an announcement/segment this was/is going to get. I bet the leak will get referenced in the Treehouse lol.

Probably not very, since it looks to just be a port. If anything it was probably going to get one of those short trailers like we got for Kirby and Captain Toad.

krpiper

So I havent heard much about this because I dont have a Wii U, what is this game and what is all the fuss? I am looking for something new to play on my 3ds though.

Hopefully its not locked to the New 3ds

Not

Banned
Probably close to zero. Nintendo's conference is still one of the largest unknowns left.

As discussed earlier in the thread, apparently this was slated to be announced this week, so it might not feature much in the E3 presentation at all. Even if that turns out not to be correct, I'm sure the Digital Event will have plenty more to show us, hopefully including something Diddy Kong related based on that recent TM.

Oh, ok. Here's hoping. Not psyched for Diddy Kong though. Tropical Freeze just came out, and I'm not that into Diddy Racing. But if you are, awesome! :)

Kind of bummed out that they didn't re-design Tetra and the King to match the rest of the cast. Would've been cool.

It would've been. It's probably a recognizability issue though

Top Bottom