• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

yo the last Wind Waker story mission is some shit. Any tips on killing the giant bosses really quickly?

Since I recently did this one, I found it tough, but not impossible. I focused more on the lower left with Tetra. Just did one round of the weak point gauge. Needed to get Link in the middle taking out the strong enemies. Lower right boss was whatever. Get to it if you can. I remember losing the lower left keep to the boss, but it wasn't too bad because I could at least keep the boss contained. It's a matter of priority at that point.

That Phantom Ganon fight though. It was... confusing. It's so easy to be unprepared for that reflecting ball attack. The second phase went on way too long before I realized you just attack him a lot from the back or something to bring him down. Or wait a bunch of time for the right attack and reflect.

Since I recently did this one, I found it tough, but not impossible. I focused more on the lower left with Tetra. Just did one round of the weak point gauge. Needed to get Link in the middle taking out the strong enemies. Lower right boss was whatever. Get to it if you can. I remember losing the lower left keep to the boss, but it wasn't too bad because I could at least keep the boss contained. It's a matter of priority at that point.

That Phantom Ganon fight though. It was... confusing. It's so easy to be unprepared for that reflecting ball attack. The second phase went on way too long before I realized you just attack him a lot from the back or something to bring him down. Or wait a bunch of time for the right attack and reflect.

After you've deflected the magic ball and stunned him once you can stun him easily by hitting him in the back. Actually one of the quickest boss fights because you don't need to wait around for him to do a particuar attack more than once.

Don't know how many people are playing the DLC but I thought it might be worth mentioning that the Master Wind Maker map is actually significantly easier than the standard Master Quest. Worth doing it first if you find yourself underlevelled for the standard MQ map.

Tyeforce

First images (besides the concept art, that is) of Marin and Linkle's new weapon, which appears to be the Pegasus Boots:

13512063_760973620709757_3400291303701725928_n.jpg

13507239_760973640709755_8703219676838540666_n.jpg

13494799_760973680709751_1001004726889460520_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Zelda.musou/posts/760974087376377

MANUELF

Banned
Anyone from America bought the 3ds+WiiU DLC pack and dont need the wiiu one?
The WiiU pack is unavailable on a wiiu console for now

Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. My Hyrule Warriors legends cartridge will not work on my N3DS XL anymore. When I click on my game on the home screen it gets to load and then an error message pops up saying something like "an error occurred, please hold the power button for 4 or more seconds." No matter how often I try to boot it up it won't work. I even tried a different physical copy at game stop and the same issue occurred.

Now all my other games appear to work fine on my N3DS, physical and digital. On my old 3DS XL Hyrule Warriors works perfectly fine... What the fuck is happening here?

Berordn

Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. My Hyrule Warriors legends cartridge will not work on my N3DS XL anymore. When I click on my game on the home screen it gets to load and then an error message pops up saying something like "an error occurred, please hold the power button for 4 or more seconds." No matter how often I try to boot it up it won't work. I even tried a different physical copy at game stop and the same issue occurred.

Now all my other games appear to work fine on my N3DS, physical and digital. On my old 3DS XL Hyrule Warriors works perfectly fine... What the fuck is happening here?

Sounds like corrupt extra data or patch data if it's right at loading. You could try deleting it from Storage Management in System Settings, under Extra Data and DLC Management.

Sounds like corrupt extra data or patch data if it's right at loading. You could try deleting it from Storage Management in System Settings, under Extra Data and DLC Management.

Thanks for the input, had no luck with that either. Thinking of backing-up my system data and formatting it.
EDIT: Got it working without the format, once the eshop was back online I did a repair in the patch (1.3) and it redownloaded and seems to work now. Haven't tested other games yet

Razmos

The new 4+ weapons were shown in an extended trailer, Links Gauntlets and Agitha's Parasol. They were the same design as the third tier weapons, but were coloured a deep red. I don't know if the rest are going to be red too or if the colour depends on the the added element (Red for fire, for example)

duality1123

Neo Member
Crossposting from the other thread I'm downloading 1.4 now off the eshop. If it's here in Aus it should be out or out soon elsewhere

Kinsei

Banned
I picked this up a few days ago and I'm hooked all over again. I thought this would be an inferior experience compared to the Wii U, but it's actually better in every way that matters. I'll definitely be picking up the season pass once I finish Legend mode.

The new 4+ weapons were shown in an extended trailer, Links Gauntlets and Agitha's Parasol. They were the same design as the third tier weapons, but were coloured a deep red. I don't know if the rest are going to be red too or if the colour depends on the the added element (Red for fire, for example)

interesting. I think it would be neat if all of the weapons were either red or blue as a reference to the color dungeon.

Razmos

In continuation of my last post, the colour is dependant on the element, Fire is red, water us blue, light is white and I'm assuming purple and yellow are thunder and dark

Burning Justice

the superior princess
In the US. I'm seeing the update as available on Wii U, but not 3DS... I can download the DLC on 3DS, but it's not usable without the update...

I recently picked the game up because it dropped below £15 on Amazon and I've been wanting this since the WiiU version got announced. Probably gonna buy the season pass for the DLC just because I got the game so cheap. Though I've never actually played Link's Awakening so I'm not exactly getting hyped for the current DLC, but when they announce Linebeck and Link using Zelda as a stand for the next one, oh boy. Currently playing through Cia's tale and all those characters suck so I'm not having fun with it.

So how does the adventure maps exactly work in Legends? Like what is the first map of Legends? Because it seems to just have all the content from the base game's DLC?

In the UK here, and currently on the 3DS version. Where the fuck is this update? I checked the store, and the LA pack is now present, but I can't actually play it.

Razmos

In the UK here, and currently on the 3DS version. Where the fuck is this update? I checked the store, and the LA pack is now present, but I can't actually play it.
Find Hyrule Warriors in the E-shop, there's an option to download version 1.4.
I'm also in the UK and that's how I did it.

TheMoon

Thanks! Though I'm surprised it's not automatic.

It is. Must be something random on your end. I popped my cart in earlier and downloaded the update straight from the home menu. Sometimes it needs to wake up and realize a game with an update is in the system before it prompts the download.

I'm new to the Warriors series and Hyrule Warriors Legends is my first one Iverson ever purchased, and I have a mechanical question.

How exactly does failing a mission happen? I've played the Valley of Seers level probably 3-4 times anduring I've failed every time.

The last time I played it I got all the way to the end of the level where the boss appears and then the game immediately failed again saying my forces were defeated.

Am I taking too long in finishing the objectives? I captured most of the forts, and I think I was keeping all the playable characters alive, but I'm still getting failures without knowing exactly why.

Is there some kind of notification I'm missing on the map or in text that I'm just missing?

STHX

I'm new to the Warriors series and Hyrule Warriors
The last time I played it I got all the way to the end of the level where the boss appears and then the game immediately failed again saying my forces were defeated.

If this is the stage with Manhandla, then the most probable thing is that the enemy conquered the player base (The keep with a home icon). Manhandla automatically causes damage to the base until it's defeated, and losng the base is an instant game over.

I'm new to the Warriors series and Hyrule Warriors Legends is my first one Iverson ever purchased, and I have a mechanical question.

How exactly does failing a mission happen? I've played the Valley of Seers level probably 3-4 times anduring I've failed every time.

Am I taking too long in finishing the objectives? I captured most of the forts, and I think I was keeping all the playable characters alive, but I'm still getting failures without knowing exactly why.

Is there some kind of notification I'm missing on the map or in text that I'm just missing?

There is winning and defeat conditions. I think Zelda is really unclear about them, because I swear they were more pronounced in other musou games. You're probably getting the defeat condition, which may be another character and/or your main keep is captured (which I believe is a defeat condition on most of the maps).

Or this:
If this is the stage with Manhandla, then the most probable thing is that the enemy conquered the player base (The keep with a home icon). Manhandla automatically causes damage to the base until it's defeated, and losng the base is an instant game over.

There are some things that happen that cause damage to your main keep and if you don't deal with it you'll eventually lose.

Kinsei

Banned

In addition to what has been posted above, if you're ever unclear about your defeat conditions then you can check them in the pause menu.

Does anybody know of a good guide that explains the My Fairy system? Damned if I can find a good one anywhere. I'm hesitant to just start using up resources by just experimenting with it.

Zoracka

Im having a lot of trouble with Phantom Ganon in the last mission. Each time I reveal his weak point by reflecting his attack, he just gets full health. I have all keeps but his base (won't let me capture it - keep boss never spawns). Is there anything I'm missing?

Edit :the problem was not having all heroes at Ganon. Woops.

Edit 2: reading the missions was definitely the hardest part of that fight. Ganon was super easy.

NeonZ

Tetra's is actually an improvement over her original 3rd tier weapon's design. It helps that they have those white parts, rather than painting everything with a single color.

Kinsei

Banned
What are these? How do you get them, and what do they do?

They're from the Link's Awakening DLC adventure map. They have two elements on them which makes them good for multiple enemy types. Take Darunia's for example, you'll get a damage boost when fighting enemies weak to fire like usual, but you'll also get a damage boost when fighting enemies weak to dark.

Seems like the next DLC characters have been found in the portrait data.

I mean the Link Between Worlds choices are good, but I'm definitely not happy with the PH&ST character. It is a terrible choice.

Camjo-Z

Played a bit of the Koholint map and I really like Marin, no weird gimmicks to worry about and a hard-hitting moveset with wide range.

Razmos

I honestly can't think of a single character other than Toon Link, Toon Zelda and Linebeck from Phantom Hourglass that are the least bit memorable.
We already have Toon Link and Linebeck would be hard to come up with weapon ideas for, so Toon Zelda is the only choice.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm not too fond of the Toon Zelda choice. I would have much preferred Phantom Zelda, Linebeck, or Byrne instead.

The Link Between Worlds choices are great.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
After seeing BotW's fire rod, I realize that I like that version of the fire rod better than what's in Hyrule Warriors. Which I think is kind of weird, since Hyrule Warriors is a chance to make the weapons bigger and cooler than they are in normal Zelda games.

Apart from fire rod (which has been a disappointment for me since before BotW's version was shown), the only other weapon disappointment that comes to mind is Zelda's Wind Waker. I think the Dominion Rod and Spinner are great examples of how the spinoff can make some items really cool.

Ryce

Apart from fire rod (which has been a disappointment for me since before BotW's version was shown), the only other weapon disappointment that comes to mind is Zelda's Wind Waker. I think the Dominion Rod and Spinner are great examples of how the spinoff can make some items really cool.
For the next game, I really hope the Wind Waker is spruced up a bit and given to Toon Link or Toon Zelda. It doesn't make sense for regular Zelda to use it now that toon characters have been introduced.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
For the next game, I really hope the Wind Waker is spruced up a bit and given to Toon Link or Toon Zelda. It doesn't make sense for regular Zelda to use it now that toon characters have been introduced.

Absolutely 100% agreed. I was really surprised when Zelda kept it in Legends after Toon Link was introduced. It even makes more sense for King Daphnes to get it than her.

Then again, technically only the rapier really makes sense for Zelda if we're going by what they use in the game. If I were making HW2, I might combine Sheik into Zelda and just make the harp a weapon that transforms her (like Link's Great Fairy) to make up for the missing WW, assuming Sheik being Zelda (what a shocker!) isn't part of the plot again.

NeonZ

Then again, technically only the rapier really makes sense for Zelda if we're going by what they use in the game.

Zelda uses a bow in TP and WW. It's even part of her rapier moveset in HWs. They could make a moveset actually focusing on it.

After seeing BotW's fire rod, I realize that I like that version of the fire rod better than what's in Hyrule Warriors. Which I think is kind of weird, since Hyrule Warriors is a chance to make the weapons bigger and cooler than they are in normal Zelda games.

I'm happy to see the ball and chain and spinner as weapons in this. They didn't get enough chance to shine in Twilight Princess and they're really cool concepts. The spinner especially. I'm also glad the spinner was in the game, I don't have a Link amiibo so yay.

Kinsei

Banned
How does the shine fairy effect work? I thought it would instantly heal anyone in the circle that appears on the map, but Darunia (who I was right beside when I popped the nuke) didn't regain any health. I'd really like to know how to do this before going for the hard mode skulltulas.

Top Bottom