• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

STHX

How does the shine fairy effect work? I thought it would instantly heal anyone in the circle that appears on the map, but Darunia (who I was right beside when I popped the nuke) didn't regain any health. I'd really like to know how to do this before going for the hard mode skulltulas.

I may be wrong but I think the healing effect happens over time. It's very slow but you can notice the hp regeneration after some time.

Terrorblot

How does this game compare to Dragon Quest Heroes? It's the only similar game I've played, and I'm about equally in love with Dragon Quest and Zelda.

I was under the impression that any fairy abilities would be passive, but it seems you have to activate them, you can only use them once in a battle, and they only last for a few seconds? Is that right? If so, that really limits their usefulness.

Kinsei

Banned
I may be wrong but I think the healing effect happens over time. It's very slow but you can notice the hp regeneration after some time.

Ah, I guess I'll just have to figure out Ruto's route through Liberation of the Triforce in order to plan out where I'll need to drop my heals. That skulltula was absolute hell on the Wii U version so I'm really not looking forward to it here. I suppose it's my fault for doing it with a level 1 hammer, but I really want to get all of the legend mode skulltulas before tackling adventure mode.

Kinsei

Banned
I hit a wall on the hard mode gold skulltulas. I just can;t keep all of the hylian captains above 50 percent health in the second TP stage with a level 1 shackle. I'm going to play through adventure mode now and come back to it once I have Midna's level 4 shackle.

WVW69jXTzWAeIQ9tRN

BRB, throwing 3DS out the window.

Amani

Despite me owning an old 3DS, I need Linkle's new boots in my life. So I said fuck it, we 10-20 FPS now. Thug life.

I hit a wall on the hard mode gold skulltulas. I just can;t keep all of the hylian captains above 50 percent health in the second TP stage with a level 1 shackle. I'm going to play through adventure mode now and come back to it once I have Midna's level 4 shackle.

WVW69jXTzWAeIQ9tRN

BRB, throwing 3DS out the window.

Nah, I did this one around that level too. I didn't know they enforced the old 15 minute limit on that one though. I picked Ganondorf and chose Midna as ally. Then everyone is weak to dark and it's rather simple. Use those fairy bombs and all that for maximum KOs.

TDLink

Question: If I buy the new season pass, do I get any new costumes on Wii U also? Like the Wind Waker Ganon or anything else? Or is that 3ds only?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Question: If I buy the new season pass, do I get any new costumes on Wii U also? Like the Wind Waker Ganon or anything else? Or is that 3ds only?

I believe it's 3DS-only. I think Wii U is limited to getting characters and weapons (but possibly only Lv. 1? Unsure).

TDLink

I believe it's 3DS-only. I think Wii U is limited to getting characters and weapons (but possibly only Lv. 1? Unsure).

Very bizarre and unfortunate way to do this. If they aren't going to port the new adventure maps they should at least give those out, just like how you already don't need to unlock the 3DS characters on Wii U.

Berordn

Fairly sure the characters have all their weapons, you just start with a level 1 and find them randomly like the other DLC characters.

TDLink

Fairly sure the characters have all their weapons, you just start with a level 1 and find them randomly like the other DLC characters.

Well that's better than nothing. Still wish they'd give us the costumes too if they aren't going to do the full adventure maps.

Kinsei

Banned
Don't bother with True Partners with a level 42 Link, it takes way too long to whittle down enemy health. Once he's higher leveled it's a breeze.

I did it on my second try with over a minute to spare. This was my main level grinding stage back before the Master Quest DLC pack came out on Wii U so I figured I could do it and I was right. I would have gotten it on my first try, but I forgot how tough Dark Link was so I ended up taking too long getting up to 1200 kills before even going to fight him.

I really wanted my sweet blue tunic only to find out that they've moved the costumes around :(. Oh well, at least the Dark Link outfit is cool.

I really need to pay attention to the mission objectives more in this game.

I like to just zip around capturing all the keeps, but even on easy I end up failing right before the end of the mission.

NeonZ

Wow, how was I supposed to know that? The description clearly doesn't say that.

The original Wii U version had a new tutorial description that included the flute revealing enemies, without mentioning that it's supposed to be used on bodies of water. They seemingly forgot to include that in the 3ds version, probably since the flute is the only item with a different usage in the Master Quest map. Even in the Wii U game most people didn't notice the new tutorial since everything else was mostly the same.

I just started playing this a little, using advice from early on in this thread (first Warriors game I've played), and I really enjoyed the objective-based gameplay. I have a few questions:

• I've played several campaign missions, and I've noticed that I've missed the heart container on most missions, and the gold skulltula on a couple. How much of a stickler should I be for those in the campaign missions? Will my characters be gimped later on if I don't collect most of them?
  • How do I come to a playable character's rescue, fully healing them? It seems to be possible, but I don't really understand the mechanics of it. I have to bring another playable character to them, right? Why does it not seem to work every time? Is there any way to rescue a playable character who's low on health by taking control of them (and moving them to another playable character, maybe)?
  • Can someone give a very brief rundown of the equipment system, and how the different weapon tiers work?

NeonZ

I just started playing this a little, using advice from early on in this thread (first Warriors game I've played), and I really enjoyed the objective-based gameplay. I have a few questions:

• I've played several campaign missions, and I've noticed that I've missed the heart container on most missions, and the gold skulltula on a couple. How much of a stickler should I be for those in the campaign missions? Will my characters be gimped later on if I don't collect most of them?

• The Gold Skultullas unlock extra battles when you collect a full set, and you unlock new costumes in those stages. They don't give combat related power ups.

You also get hearts by leveling up characters, so, you shouldn't need to worry about them regarding your characters' powers, they're mostly just for 100%. In fact, when you start playing through Adventure mode, where you need to achieve specific rankings in the mission, the extra hearts are mostly useless, since in most missions you won't be able to get A rankings after losing more than 8 Hearts, doesn't matter how many hearts the character actually has in total.

How do I come to a playable character's rescue, fully healing them? It seems to be possible, but I don't really understand the mechanics of it. I have to bring another playable character to them, right? Why does it not seem to work every time?

The character has to be an npc (or a playable character that you temporarily can't control due to a mission specific event) and their health needs to fall after a certain point, which is likely around 30 or 40%. There will be a green circle around them, indicating that they can be healed when you approach them.

Can someone give a very brief rundown of the equipment system, and how the different weapon tiers work?

Each weapon type has 4 different weapon variations, each one with increasingly larger damage output and skill slots.

For example, for the Hylian Sword, Link's first weapon type:

Knight's Sword -> White Sword -> Magical Sword ->Magical Sword +

Within each type, there are also stars. The more stars a weapon has, the more damage it causes. The stars go from 1 to 5. Note that a 5 star Knight Sword will still be weaker than a 1 star White Sword, and the same is true for all weapon types. When you get a new weapon from a chest, or from getting a new character, it'll come without stars and skills, but then the weapon will be able to appear as a random drop from enemies, which is where you'll get stronger versions with more stars and skills.

The Gold Skultullas unlock extra battles when you collect a full set, and you unlock new costumes in those stages. They don't give combat related power ups.

You also get hearts by leveling up characters, so, you shouldn't need to worry about them regarding your characters' powers, they're mostly just for 100%. In fact, when you start playing through Adventure mode, where you need to achieve specific rankings in the mission, the extra hearts are mostly useless, since in most missions you won't be able to get A rankings after losing more than 8 Hearts, doesn't matter how many hearts the character actually has in total.

The character has to be an npc (or a playable character that you temporarily can't control due to a mission specific event) and their health needs to fall after a certain point, which is likely around 30 or 40%. There will be a green circle around them, indicating that they can be healed when you approach them.

Each weapon type has 4 different weapon variations, each one with increasingly larger damage output and skill slots.

For example, for the Hylian Sword, Link's first weapon type:

Knight's Sword -> White Sword -> Magical Sword ->Magical Sword +

Within each type, there are also stars. The more stars a weapon has, the more damage it causes. The stars go from 1 to 5. Note that a 5 star Knight Sword will still be weaker than a 1 star White Sword, and the same is true for all weapon types. When you get a new weapon from a chest, or from getting a new character, it'll come without stars and skills, but then the weapon will be able to appear as a random drop from enemies, which is where you'll get stronger versions with more stars and skills.

Thanks!

Razmos

Toon Zelda is terrible apart from the last sword swing of her regular combo, she seems like an incredibly lazy addition and none of her abilities seem unique, memorable or powerful in the slightest. Easily the biggest dud in Hyrule Warriors so far, even Agitha is more fun.

Toon Link with the sand rod though is so much fun.

Kinsei

Banned
Toon Zelda is terrible apart from the last sword swing of her regular combo, she seems like an incredibly lazy addition and none of her abilities seem unique, memorable or powerful in the slightest. Easily the biggest dud in Hyrule Warriors so far, even Agitha is more fun.

Toon Link with the sand rod though is so much fun.

Noooo. Phantom Zelda was my most wanted DLC character too. I've really gotta find this stupid monkey's paw hiding somewhere in my room.

Camjo-Z

No way is she worse than Agitha, at least you can keep a decent flow going with Toon Zelda's attacks. She is a pretty lazy addition though, surely they could have come up with something more original than "she slashes with a sword and has 'Attack Where A Big Glowing Symbol Appears In Front Of You #76'".

Toon Zelda is a bit of a boring character, but no way is she bad. She's going to fall solidly in the middle of my character rankings list. She's no link but she's also certainly no agitha or tetra.

MiTYH

What's the best way to level up your units? With new DLC I want to get back into this, but I'm still on the first adventure map IIRC and struggling with levels. Did beat (I think most of if not all) the main storyline

Kinsei

Banned
What's the best way to level up your units? With new DLC I want to get back into this, but I'm still on the first adventure map IIRC and struggling with levels. Did beat (I think most of if not all) the main storyline

Get the gold skulltulas from the 18 main story missions and the hard mode skulltulas from the first two stages. The stage you unlock from that is pretty good or leveling up. Once you reach the third adventure map then you can do this to level up super fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKH17eVPQD8

Top Bottom