• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

The question is simple :

Will we be able to play as characters other than link ( shiek , zelda or anything else )

Musou games are ok , but part of their appeal is trying new characters to try new things

Zelda seem lacking of characters to put in such a game, unless they go full cross over on us .

lfc11

Neo Member
Looks really interesting. Good to see Nintendo working hard to get more third party (sort of) games on the Wii U.

Piccoro

Well, until now I was on the fence about buying a PS4 or a WiiU...
Now I am certain about the console to get.

THANKS KOEI! :)

RagnarokX

Not sure I'm really excited for this, actually surprised so many here are.

Dynasty Warriors style game? The exploration, puzzles and dungeons are the best parts of Zelda games, without all that...

Maybe it will make the people that want Zelda to just be combat happy so they'll stop wanting to get rid of puzzles in Zelda.

Looks like early stages in development, doesn't yet have the pretty graphics or the Nintendo touch. I will play this!

its going to look just like this when you buy it, Dynasty Warrior games are not pretty by any standards :D really fun games though!

wildfire

Banned
This must be the most bizarre idea for a Musou title I've ever seen.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Even a Wii U version of DOA5 with Zelda as an exclusive character would have made more sense.

goteron.gif

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!

I knew you would nerdgasm after I've seen enough of your videos.

This looks really strange, there's a huge disconnect from the restrained style of Zelda action and this supercharged style. It would work a lot better with a character like Shiek.

Dynasty Warrior games all have like 50 characters to play as, i'm sure you can play as Shiek too :D

Pociask

I'm glad some people are excited about this. I don't want to rain on your parade. I just think it's pretty weird that Nintendo took one of their most Western-focused franchises, and decided to mash it up with a series that has most of its fans in Japan. Not sure if like?

Moff

I dont believe in "devaluing a franchise", no matter what.

Honestly I tried to enter the dynasty warrior games, it just never clicked.
and if this is well done, it might.
its certainly very weird and unexpected though.

soultron

Banned
Looks really interesting. Good to see Nintendo working hard to get more third party (sort of) games on the Wii U.

I like this notion of Nintendo branching out to allow external partners handle their IPs.

Game doesn't look interesting to me all to me though. Call me when the Monster Hunter guys do something with the Zelda IP beyond just costume DLC.

MrT-Tar

Remember when Pokemon x Nobunaga was announced, and we collectively thought wtf?

And when SMT x FE was announced?

I now feel exactly the same

KDC720

Don't really know what to make of this. I mean, I've never played any of the Dynasty Warrior games so I'm not that familiar with the genre, but it certainly looks intriguing to say the least.

mantidor

I think it's the opposite. Zelda has never done as well in Japan as it does in the West. But you know what IS popular in Japan? Musou. So attach Zelda to a Musou title and get the Japanese audience interested again.

(Yes, Zelda does good in Japan, but nowhere near as well as it does in the West. Musou titles regularly outperform Zelda in Japan.)

This feels more like it.

I'm not sure how much it makes sense to use the Zelda IP in these games, I have no idea about them, in a scale from CDi Zelda to Soul Calibur, where would this crossover fit?

This is the most unexpected application of the Zelda IP ever.

...and while my instant thought was "wack", I then watched Link absolutely ofuckingbliterate hundreds of creatures with warp-speed combat, and am now intrigued.

I hope they improve the graphics. I hope they go interesting places with playable characters (Sheik? Ganondorf? Shadow Link? Princess Zelda?). I'll be watching this game...

Top Bottom