• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot3d

Banned
OP you need to stay away from waifu culture, you don't want to fall down that hole. You don't want to become this:

tumblr_mx2y80kfZI1rktdaso1_500.png

Toparaman

Banned
If anyone didn't want to read the OP I decided to do a DRAMATIC READING of both parts of it.

For what it's worth I understand OP's attachment to playing Persona even if I haven't. Playing any jrpg title tends to take a good investment of time and it's understandable to grow attached to the characters just as it is to become attached to characters in a long running tv show or book series.

I'm about 14 minutes in. This is fucking glorious.

Arcadius

Banned
I respect OP and his passionate post. If only we all cared so much about something.

I get where you're coming from OP and I often get this way about things I feel guilty about that build over time. I understand how vulnerable it must be to put it out there only to see GAF react this way.

Particularly bolded.
I really love it.

I appreciate you, OP.

This place took a turn for the better, thanks for the kind words everyone. I will go through the thread when everything has settled and create a spreadsheet or something to document what is recommended to me, I really appreciate it.

Sirim, you're right about the building over time part. I originally had a pretty sad story about how sensitive I can be because I keep everything to myself, this thread is a way for me to solve that. I've been talking to my family members too, about things and lately, I've been feeling a lot better about myself.

Wow 100 hours. I played the first twice to get everything unlocked and stuff, so I believe I obtained the true ending, although I'm not sure now.
You can save Mir in the end, right?
I will definitely play the 2nd though, it's sitting around me somewhere.

Yep
Reducing Mir Hate and get her back in the real world and that's the true ending
Also You need to play 100 hours in order to get a certain trophy in Qoga , that's why i didn't cheat during my various playthroughts. If you're unintrested , playing Qoga normally and seeking all the endings will get you 50+ hours of play , at least considering how mean the game becomes in the cosmosphere areas. :p

Xe4

Banned
I mean HolyBaikal was cool and all, but holy hell could she derail a thread like no other. It got to the point where I was sometimes not sure whether she was an intricate troll or completely serious (Baikal if you're reading this sorry, if you are that way it's awesome but it's hard to tell over the internet).

If Holy were to come back, I would appreciate it if she could see the other side of things a little. I mean, I was lurking the particular thread that got her banned, and she was basically denying very obvious scientific facts to try to prove a non point. It was kinda annoying. However, she did show a lot of passion, which I will forever appreciate, but damn did she have some weird threads/ways of posting.

Regardless, HolyBaikal you were banned doing what you loved *snake salute*.

I feel like I just stared down the yawning chasm of madness. I never knew a joke character could touch someone so deeply on a spiritual level. But if you got something positive out of it, then...so be it.

I mean HolyBaikal was cool and all, but holy hell could she derail a thread like no other. It got to the point where I was sometimes not sure whether she was an intricate troll or completely serious (Baikal if you're reading this sorry, if you are that way it's awesome but it's hard to tell over the internet).

If Holy were to come back, I would appreciate it if she could see the other side of things a little. I mean, I was lurking the particular thread that got her banned, and she was basically denying very obvious scientific facts to try to prove a non point. It was kinda annoying. However, she did show a lot of passion, which I will forever appreciate, but damn did she have some weird threads/ways of posting.

She never trolled.

injurai

Banned

HolyBaikal had no self control. Once there was a hip hop thread and HB made a post posing as Jasmine from the boondock's asking everyone if they thought she was cute. Completely out of nowhere, completely irrelevant to anything. It's no surprise HB got the boot.

This place took a turn for the better, thanks for the kind words everyone. I will go through the thread when everything has settled and create a spreadsheet or something to document what is recommended to me, I really appreciate it.

Sirim, you're right about the building over time part. I originally had a pretty sad story about how sensitive I can be because I keep everything to myself, this thread is a way for me to solve that. I've been talking to my family members too, about things and lately, I've been feeling a lot better about myself.

Uh, I apologize, but I don't quite see what you are thanking me for...?

BasilZero

Pretty interesting OP. RIP about HolyBaikal.

Never played Ar Tonelico but will one day.

Just like when I started the Persona series and fell in love with it. Yes I also found Persona 3 to be an amazing game. It had that unique twist to it something that P1 and P2 lacked (social links ahoy :p).

I only played the PSP version but I'mma play FES in the future.

mrpookles

So, do 'moe' people masturbate to their waifus/husbandos or not?

Going down the Urban Dictionary rabbit hole has not made this clear.

DNAbro

HolyBaikal had no self control. Once there was a hip hop thread and HB made a post posing as Jasmine from the boondock's asking everyone if they thought she was cute. Completely out of nowhere, completely irrelevant to anything. It's no surprise HB got the boot.

that is hilarious.

Arcadius

Banned
Yep
Reducing Mir Hate and get her back in the real world and that's the true ending
Also You need to play 100 hours in order to get a certain trophy in Qoga , that's why i didn't cheat during my various playthroughts. If you're unintrested , playing Qoga normally and seeking all the endings will get you 50+ hours of play , at least considering how mean the game becomes in the cosmosphere areas. :p

Yeah I got the true ending on my first playthrough. I don't know if I mentioned in my post, but Ar Tonelico was the first time I ever played a game like it, super refreshing to enjoy that much story. I'll have to see how much I like Qoga, but I'm not a super fan, not yet at least, so I'll heed your advice, thanks.

She never trolled.

Agreed!

Uh, I apologize, but I don't quite see what you are thanking me for...?

No idea, I'm getting lost in my own thread, sorry if I offended you.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Stay away from all cults OP.

I never could get past the 10 hour mark or so with Persona 3. I just didn't find any of the characters interesting, and most obnoxious. I just don't think anime tropes are for me.

213372bu

Banned
I will say I miss Holy's way of being an open-book.

While I didn't personally agree with Holy at all, hearing the workings of how Holy wanted pure escapism and wanted to live a life completely in VR and escape from the realities in life always was always interesting from me. Even Holy's constant rejection of reality was less of an annoyance and more of looking into somebody's really weird and skewed version of life.

Arcadius

Banned
Stay away from all cults OP.

I never could get past the 10 hour mark or so with Persona 3. I just didn't find any of the characters interesting, and most obnoxious. I just don't think anime tropes are for me.

=/ Persona might be a harder JRPG to get into if it's not something you're used to playing. I think you'd need to ask other people on a good JRPG to start off with, I'm no expert on that regard, I've always had a soft spot to them, sort of.

Arcadius

Banned
So, do 'moe' people masturbate to their waifus/husbandos or not?

Going down the Urban Dictionary rabbit hole has not made this clear.

I'd like to believe that most people just enjoy the characters and art-style more than wanting to "get off" on the characters. Like many things in life though, there are people who masturbate to this content.

Azure J

I legitimately feel like I can't recall a thread (ESPECIALLY on gaming side) in the 8 years I've been posting on or reading GAF that manages to be as equally perplexing as it is terrifying as it is entertaining.

I mean in no way to demean the op, but can somebody summarize what the thread's about in one paragraph. I just can't read all of that text given the way posts are formatted on the site.

Azure J

ibogQhtlKjOnyt.gif

Omerta

Don't know any of the mentioned posters but instant reaction based on no facts at all and only reading a very small segment of the original post is that OP is HB on a wind-up.

If not, I hope you have more *coping skills* than I'm giving you credit for OP because it can be a big, cruel world out there and crying because a poster on a gaming forum has been banned, is not a good start.

#StayStrong

No idea, I'm getting lost in my own thread, sorry if I offended you.

Don't worry about it.

I mean in no way to demean the op, but can somebody summarize what the thread's about in one paragraph. I just can't read all of that text given the way posts are formatted on the site.

See this post

I read most of it. Basically, HolyBaikal got banned and he's really torn up about it. He'd sacrifice his account to get HolyBaikal back. HolyBaikal's passion made the OP feel like he was missing something in his life and to fill this hole he decided to play the Ar Tenelico series. In doing so, he found that he finally understood waifu culture and is incredibly remorseful for judging people with waifu avatars. Since then he's gotten really into visual novels and hentai.

There's also a robust LTTP on Persona 3: FES, but I didn't read it because I haven't played the game and he has a LOT to say about it,

213372bu

Banned
I legitimately feel like I can't recall a thread (ESPECIALLY on gaming side) in the 8 years I've been posting on or reading GAF that manages to be as equally perplexing as it is terrifying as it is entertaining.

I don't normally bookmark but back in my lurking days (~10 years now) :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75733

and :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776087

You're still alright EightBitNate
Don't forget:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399457

OT: OP, I understand where you are coming from, but maybe you should help yourself more. Instead of fueling your desire for social interaction solely in the virtual world with waifus, why not join something in the social world? Even a videogame club would foster better healthier relationships then going after more and more of this stuff.

Arcadius

Banned
Don't know any of the mentioned posters but instant reaction based on no facts at all and only reading a very small segment of the original post is that OP is HB on a wind-up.

If not, I hope you have more *coping skills* than I'm giving you credit for OP because it can be a big, cruel world out there and crying because a poster on a gaming forum has been banned, is not a good start.

#StayStrong

I can see what it may seem like I'm not good at coping with life or something, but I'm a pretty strong person. I understand that it may seem pathetic I cried for someone I knew nothing about, but sometimes things just happen. I don't cry often, I keep things to myself, I have a semi-thick skin and all is normal. I'm just opening myself up in an anonymous and safe way.

Thanks for caring =).

butzopower

proud of his butz
=/ Persona might be a harder JRPG to get into if it's not something you're used to playing. I think you'd need to ask other people on a good JRPG to start off with, I'm no expert on that regard, I've always had a soft spot to them, sort of.

I've played plenty SMT over the years, very much enjoy DQ, and have played numerous other JRPGs. Toriyama's characters are trope-y in a way I can stand and even enjoy, but I could never get into high school characters who are so obsessed over a single thing like in Persona 3 or a The World Ends With You. It unsettles me to the point that I can't push past it and usually stop playing.

Arcadius

Banned
I've played plenty SMT over the years, very much enjoy DQ, and have played numerous other JRPGs. Toriyama's characters are trope-y in a way I can stand and even enjoy, but I could never get into high school characters who are so obsessed over a single thing like in Persona 3 or a The World Ends With You. It unsettles me to the point that I can push past it and usually stop playing.

Oh that's cool. Yeah I guess in the end Persona is still a niche title. I too enjoy Dragon Quest. If you'd like, maybe you can recommend me something. I'm always looking out for more to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom