• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Alive [Ubisoft] full game leaked - new screens + video

LOCK

This story and game idea had so much potential. Imagin a survival game based on water as a life source. Fighting others for water. One can dream.

Shiggy

Game design for I Am Alive reconstruction 03, including a non-kill oriented FPS shooting system involving group AI behaviors where threats and wounding were promoted over murder as the most effective gameplay mechanic.

http://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory

_woLf

Wow, this game looks absolutely nothing like how I pictured it looking from the trailers.

Kinda disappointing...it's way too unsaturated. The first person shit is disappointing, too.

Hopefully it's just an old build that lacked textures, otherwise this doesn't look all that appealing anymore, and I was extremely excited for it when it was originally announced. (I <3 Disaster Report games, so this looked awesome)

Shiggy

TheOddOne said:
I remember sometime ago they where transferring it to XBLA/PSN.

Makes sense as the sources that got I Am Alive also have other XBLA games such as Alan Wake. Also, retailers removed listings for I Am Alive.

Cartman86

Banned
Wish it looked like that early footage, but still I like what the trailer is going for with this survival I Am Legend/Disaster Report sort of feeling.

Shiggy

Cartman86 said:
Wish it looked like that early footage, but still I like what the trailer is going for with this survival I Am Legend/Disaster Report sort of feeling.

It's the first time we see in-game scenes here. The E3 2008 trailer was outsourced.

TheOddOne

Shiggy said:
Makes sense as the sources that got I Am Alive also have other XBLA games such as Alan Wake. Also, retailers removed listings for I Am Alive.
Found the source.
*Cough, cough.*

I Am Alive. No, really, I haven't been declared dead yet! I know it's been touch-and-go, but I appear to be on the mend. It's just -- well, I may have lost a bit of myself along the way.

I was once supposed to be a full-fledged retail game -- in a nice box and everything -- but according to the host of JeuxFrance's "Warpzone" show (who claims to have been informed directly from the creator herself, Jade Raymond), I'm now going to be alive digitally, inside of Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network. While I don't like the idea of losing any vital parts or, uh, shrinking, I do hope the news is true! Those are nice, open places to live -- and probably better than a cramped box.

Check out the Warpzone episode here -- fast-forward to the eight-minute mark for the stuff about me! You do know French, I trust?

[Update: Ubisoft hasn't gotten back to us, but it did tell Eurogamer, "we have not recently announced anything for I Am Alive and we have nothing official to announce at this time." Well, okay then.]

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So the full game leaked widespread or just that these guys have it? I'd like to see some gameplay or a livestream.

Kinyou

The Premise is pretty cool but it all depends on the gameplay. Some parts of the trailer reminded me of that bad WW2 stealth game

AAK

That looked VERY interesting. Looks like a very entertaining experience. Loved the part how the AI dynamically react to you when you hold out a gun in their face and start to creep you/flank you.

Dachande

This looked great! The desaturation is a bit much, and some parts of the movement looked a little... gimpy. But it's unfinished, it could easily be improved.

I fucking love the idea of an FPS combat system where threats and wounding are the aim rather than murder. It looked really cool in that trailer - the thought of having to know whether to trust someone when you see them has never been properly explored like that. And the rest of the game being based around more realistic 'platforming' sounds decent as well, better than mindless shooting or something.

It's a bigger-budget, HD Disaster Report with highly original combat that hopefully wouldn't suck! I really want to play this! How can anyone not?!

shidoshi said:
Bigger-budget Disaster Report? YES!

Me seeing the game has a decent amount of combat? NO!

Maybe I won't be sad that I'll probably never get to play it. I still would like to, though, even if it does feel the need to insert pointless combat.

How is combat pointless? People turning violent over limited resources totally makes sense if this game is a long-term survival thing and not just about surviving disasters as they happen.

atre324

Shiggy said:

Is that the Alan Wake xbla game? I wonder if details about that will get leaked soon

V_Ben

Banned
atre324 said:
Is that the Alan Wake xbla game? I wonder if details about that will get leaked soon

Wait, the Alan Wake XBLA game actually kinda exists? Man, this is all so confusing.

I honestly can't tell if this game is intentionally designed to be in black and white, or if the graphic designers just set out to make a game with the same style as every other game on the market and it came out looking like that by coincidence.

Borman

V_Ben said:
Wait, the Alan Wake XBLA game actually kinda exists? Man, this is all so confusing.

The version that leaked was basically the title screen, and a test map of nothing. Not much in the way of details as it was removed quickly.

V_Ben

Banned
Borman said:
The version that leaked was basically the title screen, and a test map of nothing. Not much in the way of details as it was removed quickly.

Ah, right. So a REALLY early version :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This looked pretty good. I love this kind of setting but if even UbiSoft thinks the game is too bad to be released, it must be world-endingly terrible.

Tagg9

Looks pretty generic, but the gameplay must have been really subpar for Ubisoft to not even release this. I guess they are stepping back and completely redesigning it ala Splinter Cell?

Top Bottom