• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I drew 31 days worth of DARK SOULS art (lots of images, obviously)

Aenima

inktober_15_day_26_color.jpg

They all good works, but this one is my fav. Congrats.

If ur into souls, should do some from Bloodborne as the art style in that game is gorgeous.

kogasu

Amazing artwork!!! Ahhh, It looks so awesome seeing all of these great moments in Dark Souls 1 done in this style. Also as shirt designs, I would 110% buy one...or two....or five if you did that but as someone said, I'd hate for you to get into trouble by From lol. Anyway, great job!

RPGCrazied

Awesome work. I'm sure your profession has to do with your drawing skills, if not you should rethink that. :p

You'd make a great artist for some company.

Amazing job OP! Do you mind if i use some of your work for a tattoo project of mine (i mean on my self)?

This one captures DS perfectly imo!

inktober_15_day_05_color.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Amazing job OP! Do you mind if i use some of your work for a tattoo project of mine (i mean on my self)?

This one captures DS perfectly imo!

inktober_15_day_05_color.jpg

Of course its alright, good luck with that, that cant be an easy project to take on.

As for selling prints, it should be fine, my friend Gibbs has had a really good run with his prints over at Sparkly Crow, I think FROM sees it as an extension of the fandom. The bigger it gets, the better for everyone involved.

Shredderi

The pictures depict perfectly why I prefer Dark Souls over BloodBorne in the end. I started Dark Souls while I was halfway through Bloodborne and I was totally swept into it's slow burning, calm, melancholic post-apocalyptic atmosphere. Haven't encountered anything similar to it. It's post apocalyptic but not in this chaotic, frenetic way. Super refreshing.

Landford

Banned
More than the art itself (Wich is fucking brilliant) i loved the understanding of the "feel" DS has. That Firekeeper one was really good.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Eventually these are the games I want to give the same treatment to:

Chrono Trigger
Monster Hunter
MGS 3
FF VI

Demons Souls or Bloodborne would be super fun but I like variety :)

hiryu

Really great stuff. Very inspiring. I haven't done anything art related in about 20 years but this makes me want to pick up a sketchpad.

This is a very cool idea for a series as well.

I love the perspective of these pieces. Instead of recreating the games imagery, you more recreated the situations from a gameplay perspective. Very good.

Edit: Also, this one's my fav. Love the face on the player character. It encapsulates what we all must have been feeling at that moment, without feeling too fourth wall breaking, if that makes any sense.

Hassun

Neo Member
Beautiful work. I especially like how you managed to capture some of melancholy that pervades all of Dark Souls.

Nthing the kudos, these are really gorgeous and I say that also as someone who has never played and will never play the game. You're really selling me on it. Suuuuper looking forward to Chrono Trigger stuff from you when that time comes! :D Thanks for sharing your work with us!

Raging Spaniard

Yes, these moments illustrate that nicely. What a journey.

-------------

Amazing work OP, congrats on the obscene amounts of talent you are obviously blessed with :p

Im not tooo certain on the blessed part :p but thanks all the same, its super nice to see this connecting with so many people.

Hastati

Awesome stuff, thank you for sharing this project. You should do this at launch for DS3 while you play, even if it's just in the form of brief impressions on a scratch pad -- be great to chronicle the sights and sounds as you first experience them.

Edit: was this from an initial playthrough, or an idea that sprung up after being well-acquainted with the game? Either way, your artwork is fabulous.

Also, what's the visual difference between a gloss and matte metal print? Does the glossy metal print become super shiny?

Spman2099

My God... This stuff isn't just good... This is beyond simply being competent...

You should have a dedicated fanbase. People should be collecting your artbooks.

Raging Spaniard

Awesome stuff, thank you for sharing this project. You should do this at launch for DS3 while you play, even if it's just in the form of brief impressions on a scratch pad -- be great to chronicle the sights and sounds as you first experience them.

Edit: was this from an initial playthrough, or an idea that sprung up after being well-acquainted with the game? Either way, your artwork is fabulous.

Also, what's the visual difference between a gloss and matte metal print? Does the glossy metal print become super shiny?

Thanks! Im a longtime Souls fan but I only beat the game last year, so it was fresh in my mind plus I followed it up by pouring over the research of epicnamebro, vaati vidya and others.

Oh I also watch Jeff Green streams, so that was a big help lol

A live DS3 art play-through could be cool!

I personally go for matte, less glare and a better fit for my style

Top Bottom