• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ate at Arby's for the first time ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Got the wrong thing.

248x240_6Sliders_silo_tan.jpg

Zackat

there was an Arby's across the street from my apartment in college.

I ate enough Arby's to last me a lifetime in 2 years of living there. Think I have had it maybe once since.

akira28

Goddammit pretty sure I'm gonna go eat Arby's now...

Don't be upset. Accept it. This thread was always going to be a commercial for Arby's. Don't forget to ask for curly fries fried crispy.
Don't forget the Apple Turnover. (real talk, last time I went, might be the last time I ever order a turnover...now that was horrible.)

Don't be upset. Accept it. This thread was always going to be a commercial for Arby's. Don't forget to ask for curly fries fried crispy.
Don't forget the Apple Turnover. (real talk, last time I went, might be the last time I ever order a turnover...now that was horrible.)

The cherry turnover is the bomb and I'm looking forward to letting one happen to me here shortly.

hydruxo

You get the curly fries and nothing else.

the mozzarella sticks are low key kinda good too

The apple turnovers used to be the best thing they had. They used to be pretty big too, but they've shrunk them to almost nothing now so it's not even worth it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Arby's is pretty decent and gets an unwarranted amount of trendy hate.

They have like 5 sauces that they give out freely (unlike those fuckers at McDonalds that nickel and dime for everything). The chicken sandwiches are great and so are their brisket sandwiches or even the gyros. I used to eat the shit out of the "market fresh" sandwiches in the late 90s but then the nutrition facts showed that they're the worst thing on the menu.

The roast beef is mediocre and you can tell they put way too much saline solution in it but that's probably because beef is expensive. Somewhere like Lions Choice will do a better roast beef sandwich but you pay for it.

The curly fries are amazing and the jalapeño poppers are probably the best on the fast food market (that bronco berry sauce is amazing) even if the competition is limited to like....Sonic.

I maybe go to Arby's about 1 or 2 times in a year. It is good, nothing to write home about, but I have never been disappointed of the food there.

The 2 for 6 gyros thing is a pretty decent deal. It's two meals worth and it's better than pretty much anything else I've had from Arby's.

Granted that's the first time I've eaten at an Arby's is like 5 years.

Susurrus

I miss the 5 for $5 specials. And yes, I'd eat all 5 in one sitting.

Excuse me while I get off my rocker and yell at more clouds.

MC Safety

Supermansion, Season 2 does an extended riff on Arby's. It's paid promotional content, of course, but it's done humorously, and a good deal of it is at the chain's expense.

I'd recommend watching Supermansion over, you know, eating at Arby's.

Clockwork

*orders the most basic plain thing at Arbys and doesn't know how condiments work*

"This shit sucks, fam!"

Arby's is awesome dude.

Zoe

WTF, how do you spend $10 on a combo at Arby's.

Haven't been to Arby's in forever, but the commercials are wearing me down. I used to love their 4 for $5 deal. And yes, their curly fries are good, but there will always a place in my heart for their potato cakes.

dem

Get the Horsey Sauce you rook

Med roast beef with horsey sauce and curly fries. Can't go wrong.

JBuccCP

Arby's is easily top 3 fast food chain for me. The market fresh sandwiches are good, the chicken sandwiches are good, even the reuben is good. Get some mozzarella sticks or jalapeno bites which have cream cheese like they should and not that goupy cheddar bullshit like Sonic.

Epcott

Yeah, unless you pick the right one, their sandwiches are mediocre.

But their fries...
Muah! They're heavenly. I'd go there just for fries if I could.

border

Try getting food poisoning from Arbys, you'll never want that chicken bacon swiss or curly fries ever again.

Does food poisoning really make you never want to eat a particular dish ever again?

Like, I can understand not going back to the particular location/restaurant that gave you the bad food, but why swear off every chicken bacon swiss in all of existence?

Kremzeek

Thats kind of like going to a burger joint and asking for a plain hamburger. i like Arbys but its very expensive.

Also their sauces are pretty good. They dont put sauce on the sandwiches, you have to add it yourself.

fzcAv6j.jpg

/endthread

Yes the horsey sauce & Arby's sauce are the best things about it! I put them on all the sandwiches, and dunk the curly fries in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom