• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just can't get over my disappointment with Xenoblade Chronicles X

I love the Xeno games for their story, soundtrack, and cast.

From everything I've seen and heard about this game (especially some of the ingame music, dear god wtf) I'm super glad I skipped it.

Hopefully their next game will be something closer to Xenogears and Saga rather than whatever XCX was.

Ridley327

This has probably been covered (I haven't read through the entire thread), but my biggest complaint about XCX was the rate of progression in terms of Skell availability vs Continents accessed.

Basically, I feel as though I had only really had a chance to explore Primordia, Noctilum and 20%ish of Oblivia before getting access to a flying Skell. Basically once I could fly, I had zero reason to run, so I just flew around, unlocking Data Probes so I could quick travel.

I hadn't even seen Cauldros at this stage (some 45hours in). So I just flew around. I remember thinking, 'man this is an awesome castle overlooking a ravine, it would have been epic climbing these stairs' but I didn't get this opportunity, because i had zero incentive to.

Once the Skells come in, I had faster and easier transport, and more firepower for combat, rendering on-foot gameplay pretty much useless.

This is on me, I get that. The option to be on foot was there (I chose to use the Skell), but the balance of the game, and the rewards for non-Skell were severely lacking.

I really think that flying Skells should have been a post-game unlock, with areas only accessible via Skells being your End Game zones.

I mean, when you get down to it, flying Skells still do the whole end game thing, given how many of the super bosses require you to have one to even reach them, let alone be able to fight them. I imagine that anyone that did the test for the flight module at night was probably shitting their pants the whole way through!

Yarbskoo

I mean, Xenoblade Chronicles did the same thing, but it made it a lot clearer where you are and aren't supposed to venture. I get that it's an alien world, but it's also supposed to be a game.

Xenoblade Chronicles didn't give you nearly as much freedom as X. There are roadblocks that stop you from getting to areas you shouldn't be in, because it isn't really an open world game.

It also doesn't have "taming a savage world" as a core component of its story.

Yarbskoo

And that's exactly why it succeeds and X fails.

It really isn't. X's world design is one of it's strong points. It's weaknesses mainly have to do with plot, characters, and sound design. X would be a lesser game without the freedom to overcome the challenges of exploring its world.

Do so many people hate the soundtrack just because of the NLA themes and Black tar? That's four songs out of an 83 song soundtrack.

It's probably because those two/three songs are what we hear the most. I don't mind Black Tar. I do wish the NLA themes had a lot less energy though, and the flying theme should've only played the first time you lifted off on your skell during that affinity mission. It was perfect there.

That said, I like the soundtrack and am a huge Sawano fan. Wish we had more ambient tunes like Sylvalum. Sawano can make golden songs that are slow, emotional, and full of atmospheric wonder. Two non Xeno examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaTXRyFB7A (Metroid feelz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzUVbJxgVc

And he makes lovely piano solo's too.

Man, I want another Sawano game! X was okay, but has several short comings. If he works on XenoX-2, I'll buy it, but I hope the game is a lot more immersive.

Edit: Btw Maximillion, did your youtube channel get deleted?

Big0Bear

I agree that X's world was amazing and the visuals were great but it had a lot of problems for me. Lack of jpn dub was a big thing. The create a character was needlessly horrible especially if you are a minority and the story was just too generic. I will say that because of X I decided to beat XB before it came out and that was well worth it.

TrueBlue

I always find that music is kinda impossie to compare, it's one of the most universally subjective things in any medium. Ear of the beholder and all that.

I do prefer the soundtrack of the first, mind, though there are some excellent tracks in X. I actuslly quite like that both games have their own musical identity, and am curious to see if a third installment follows that trend.

bones123

I really am trying to love this game, but I just have basically no idea how to progress. I get that I'm supposed to be going around and collecting resources and generally just trying to live on and explore the planet, but... every time I try to explore anywhere even remotely outside of New LA, I get stomped into the dirt, and all of the quests I currently have are resource collection that the only tip I have is "it's in this general area", but every item in the overworld is just a little diamond and there seems to be no rules as to what they actually are.

The game is fun and the combat is neat, don't get me wrong, but fighting the same dinosaurs over and over and never getting anything done is neither of those.

It's probably because those two/three songs are what we hear the most. I don't mind Black Tar. I do wish the NLA themes had a lot less energy though, and the flying theme should've only played the first time you lifted off on your skell during that affinity mission. It was perfect there.

That said, I like the soundtrack and am a huge Sawano fan. Wish we had more ambient tunes like Sylvalum. Sawano can make golden songs that are slow, emotional, and full of atmospheric wonder. Two non Xeno examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaTXRyFB7A (Metroid feelz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqzUVbJxgVc

And he makes lovely piano solo's too.

Man, I want another Sawano game! X was okay, but has several short comings. If he works on XenoX-2, I'll buy it, but I hope the game is a lot more immersive.

Edit: Btw Maximillion, did your youtube channel get deleted?

Yeah, it did. Sony likes to do that with channels like mine. I did make a new account, though. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzJj_cEahLX7jv5MvSwp5-Q

Also, I think the main issue with the XCX soundtrack is the bad sound design. They asked Sawano to compose the soundtrack several years before they actually finished the game, with very little communication as far as what kind of songs to make for it. Then, when the sound team got the soundtrack, they made some poor choices with its placement. I think if Monolith Soft had worked more closely with Sawano on the soundtrack, it would've been a perfect soundtrack.

Yarbskoo

I really am trying to love this game, but I just have basically no idea how to progress. I get that I'm supposed to be going around and collecting resources and generally just trying to live on and explore the planet, but... every time I try to explore anywhere even remotely outside of New LA, I get stomped into the dirt, and all of the quests I currently have are resource collection that the only tip I have is "it's in this general area", but every item in the overworld is just a little diamond and there seems to be no rules as to what they actually are.

I didn't even bother with collection quests unless I had all of the required items already or could acquire them using reward tickets.

Yeah, it did. Sony likes to do that with channels like mine. I did make a new account, though. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzJj_cEahLX7jv5MvSwp5-Q

Also, I think the main issue with the XCX soundtrack is the bad sound design. They asked Sawano to compose the soundtrack several years before they actually finished the game, with very little communication as far as what kind of songs to make for it. Then, when the sound team got the soundtrack, they made some poor choices with its placement. I think if Monolith Soft had worked more closely with Sawano on the soundtrack, it would've been a perfect soundtrack.

I agree. Also according to Iwata Asks, the game had some big changes made to it in the middle of development as well to include a blank avatar, online functions and who knows what else.

Edit: OH SNAAAAP!!!

I'm interested in playing both Xenoblade games, but I can't tell which one to start with. To be honest, the Wii U one excites me most because of the large vistas and skells, but I keep hearing great things about the first game. And then I can't decide between 3DS and the Wii version (I own both). I'm probably overthinking, but which of these do you recommend for a newcomer? Can I pick up the systems in X without the training wheels of the first game?

And that's exactly why it succeeds and X fails.

Apart from visuals, the ability to go anywhere and not be hindered by basically anything except for the monsters is literally the one thing X has that puts it ahead of the original Xenoblade in any category.

Not to mention that Xenoblade has a lot of this going on, too.

I'm interested in playing both Xenoblade games, but I can't tell which one to start with. To be honest, the Wii U one excites me most because of the large vistas and skells, but I keep hearing great things about the first game. And then I can't decide between 3DS and the Wii version (I own both). I'm probably overthinking, but which of these do you recommend for a newcomer? Can I pick up the systems in X without the training wheels of the first game?

I'll add to the voices saying to start with the first game.

Yarbskoo

I'd recommend Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. It's the better version, and the better game. It's also less complex than X, so the learning curve is more gentle. X certainly has vistas and skells, but it's not afraid to make you work for them. It's certainly possible to get a grasp of X without playing the first game, but even if you have played the first game, there's a lot to learn. If you decide to go with X, I'd suggest reading the manual as you play. There's a lot of stuff in there that you probably won't pick up on otherwise.

MomoQca

Both games are great for different reasons, IMO. I'd say try XC first since the gameplay is less complex. It would be a good way to get your feet wet before playing XCX. That said, it is possible for you to pick up XCX first - just be sure to read the manual and guides to fully grasp the mechanics before playing.

Ridley327

So many questions!

-The first game is easier to get into, due in part to being simpler in virtually every measurement. It's still a big, deep game when it comes to the systems, but it doesn't require nearly as much homework as X, as it were.

-It really depends on your gaming lifestyle. It is important to note that Xenoblade 3D is n3DS exclusive, so it wouldn't boot on a regular 3DS. In any event, the 3DS version has the portable factor and a couple of extras in the collectible department (including a full-on music player for the game's soundtrack), while the Wii version boasts better visuals, has dual audio and what most would agree as being a less sadistic end game with how it handles drops versus the "correction" in the 3DS version.

-Familiarity with Xenoblade helps you come to grips with the combat system in X a lot faster (though it does have some very big changes at the same time, with a lot of it relating to the class system), but the biggest changes aren't really combat-related, so most people wound up in the same boat when all was said and done.

Ridley327

This isn't as bad as I'd imagined. Thanks!

The weird part is it seems specifically targeted at gold chests, too. I've come across wood and silver chests from monsters I can't even remember fighting way back on some place like Gaur Plain. Gold chests, though? The game laughs at you.

I mean, you compare this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-P4I3yu7Zc (Noctilim Night)

to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7pFI4pEv0 (Satorl Marsh Night)

and it's like "what the fuck happened?"

I started playing these, immediately my daughters come into the kitchen. Eldest: "Why are we listening to Xenoblade?" Me: "Nerds on the Internet are arguing." *Play second track.* Eldest: "Oh my goodness this isn't even a contest." Then she starts humming the entire theme, they both wander out.

Start playing Mechonis... youngest runs in from the other room: "That song is so good. I like the old one better."

That said they've both listened to the first's OST a billion times.

Dice//

Banned
That's too bad I guess. Better than Xenoblade in every way save for story and OST. I like more of XCX's OST than XC's.

Yeah I actually think there's more tracks I like on XCX than XC's. Granted, XCX indeed has some crappy tunes and I don't think I ever want to listen to the flight theme again... but I honestly don't get the beef people have with the OST besides a few bad apples.

Noctilum's theme is absolutely divine.

aravuus

Is there a JRPG story that people think is better than Xenoblade Wii?

JRPGs are such a massive genre that this is kind of a ridiculous thing to say, really. I personally thought the actual story of XB was fairly bland with an annoying cast of characters.

XB's story is the best "humanity fights mysterious alien race in a world that's literally just two giants and then plot twists happen" type of story though, I'll grant you that.

The game is fun and the combat is neat, don't get me wrong, but fighting the same dinosaurs over and over and never getting anything done is neither of those.

Be brave. Run, run, run past the higher level beasties. You'll be back in a while to spank them. Until then run like the wind, run! :)

To progress you want to run around New L.A. looking for people with red/green question marks above their heads and do those missions when you can.
Affinity Missions red/orange "handshaking" symbols build rapport with the various characters and lead to extra missions.
The missions on the notice boards i think are more side-quest types. Aside from the "Go to Barracks for Story" which i do when there are no do-able missions left and i need to advance the story to get to the next set of good stuff.
Don't bother with Gathering missions, just check them when you return to New LA and accept any you have the finish conditions for.

Basically to advance:
Story missions at big table in Barracks advance the game chapters.
Affinity missions advance relationships and new skills with squad members.
Question Mark missions are "Normal" missions and can be pre-requisites for other missions.

That's how i see it anyway.

You're good playing either, but if you wanna play both, go with XBC first. It's really tough going back to that after the sublime traversal of XBX

Piers

It really isn't. X's world design is one of it's strong points. It's weaknesses mainly have to do with plot, characters, and sound design. X would be a lesser game without the freedom to overcome the challenges of exploring its world.

You mean aggro'ing a train of high-level monsters for several minutes whilst racing to the objective, hoping to not die in the process.
Or having battles interrupted by Giant Angry Monkey Boss because today he decides to take the scenic path.

Chronicle's enclosed areas and A-to-B adventure leant itself so much better in providing players with gradually higher-level enemies to fight. X could have done this too, and nearly does, but the missions and side quests have such weird, shitty structures to them that require players to tread into areas that'll one-shot them if they aren't behaving like Solid Snake.

You mean aggro'ing a train of high-level monsters for several minutes whilst racing to the objective, hoping to not die the process.
Or having battles interrupted by Giant Angry Monkey Boss because today he decides to take the scene path.

Uh, yeah? Do you know fucking tense it was sneaking around high level mobs and how great it felt to make it to that hard to reach survey point?

Only to find out your mechanical level wasn't high enough to activate it.

Yarbskoo

You mean aggro'ing a train of high-level monsters for several minutes whilst racing to the objective, hoping to not die in the process.
Or having battles interrupted by Giant Angry Monkey Boss because today he decides to take the scenic path.

Chronicle's enclosed areas and A-to-B adventure leant itself so much better in providing players with gradually higher-level enemies to fight. X could have done this too, and nearly does, but the missions and side quests have such weird, shitty structures to them that require players to tread into areas that'll one-shot them if they aren't behaving like Solid Snake.

Well yeah, the quest design isn't amazing, but I feel like they were intentionally designed to push players out of their comfort zone and go exploring where they might otherwise just turn around upon seeing a horde of level one billion bug monsters. It's hard to realize that vision of an untamed world where anything can kill you if there's nothing to encourage players to occasionally get in over their heads.

Uh, yeah? Do you know fucking tense it was sneaking around high level mobs and how great it felt to make it to that hard to reach survey point?

Only to find out your mechanical level wasn't high enough to activate it.

I think the game would have been better off if they dropped the skill requirement for resource collection. The challenge of actually getting to the treasure would have been enough.

jonjonaug

Well...yeah, that's the idea. The game is about taming a strange world full of hostile creatures. It wouldn't be very good at that if you weren't forced to take risks. Plus it makes stuff like coming back later and killing an entire base of enemies with the Phoenix that much more satisfying.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Well yeah, the quest design isn't amazing, but I feel like they were intentionally designed to push players out of their comfort zone and go exploring where they might otherwise just turn around upon seeing a horde of level one billion bug monsters. It's hard to realize that vision of an untamed world where anything can kill you if there's nothing to encourage players to occasionally get in over their heads.

I agree, I think the decision to scatter high level monsters all over the world and have pockets of "safe zones" and pockets of "danger zones" is brilliant.

I mean X has a few things you have to get over if you're coming from XBC

You WILL die from a high level monster, that you accidentally aggro'd. That's GOING to happen. That's tough for people to get over, because... well, we all hate dying in video games. But in order to create this "dangerous world" you need to have some death, sometimes.

The ending for XCX is the only major thing that made me disappointed with the game, I was hoping for a complete story, but now they're just probably going to do it in a sequel. Honestly, my interest with Xenoblade may be declining at this rate.

Nose Master

Yeah, it's a turd. The world is fun to dick off in, but there's no drive to do anything in it.

All the classes are boring to play, also.

He's said he won't make that mistake again with the next Xeno, so I wouldn't worry about it. Most fans have been pretty vocal about their disappointment.

Piers

I agree, I think the decision to scatter high level monsters all over the world and have pockets of "safe zones" and pockets of "danger zones" is brilliant.

I mean X has a few things you have to get over if you're coming from XBC

You WILL die from a high level monster, that you accidentally aggro'd. That's GOING to happen. That's tough for people to get over, because... well, we all hate dying in video games. But in order to create this "dangerous world" you need to have some death, sometimes.

Death that's fair, though. In a mission, tasked to get to an objective, running up to a cave entrance (along a route the game's cut scenes explicitly suggests) and having a giant crab-spider thing crawl around and one shot my party with no warning to its presence isn't exactly clever game design.

Well...yeah, that's the idea. The game is about taming a strange world full of hostile creatures. It wouldn't be very good at that if you weren't forced to take risks. Plus it makes stuff like coming back later and killing an entire base of enemies with the Phoenix that much more satisfying.

This is different when it's a game that allows monsters to somehow punch you 100 feet away. If they spot you, it's probably over. This isn't such an issue in something like Dark Souls, because combat encounters are very much about contact. Here's it's a semi-classic, disconnected JRPG battle system, so when you simply want to get to an objective but some dickhead Lv. 47 enemy sits right on the bridge, it's potentially unwarranted and borderline unbalanced scenarios for the player. The pacing and flow is disrupted in favour of realistic alien planet hazards with Anime Moe girls and Gundams.

jonjonaug

Death that's fair, though. In a mission, tasked to get to an objective, running up to a cave entrance (along a route the game's cut scenes explicitly suggests) and having a giant crab-spider thing crawl around and one shot my party with no warning to its presence isn't exactly clever game design.

This is different when it's a game that allows monsters to somehow punch you 100 feet away. If they spot you, it's probably over. This isn't such an issue in something like Dark Souls, because combat encounters are very much about contact. Here's it's a semi-classic, disconnected JRPG battle system, so when you simply want to get to an objective but some dickhead Lv. 47 enemy sits right on the bridge, it's potentially unwarranted and borderline unbalanced scenarios for the player. The pacing and flow is disrupted in favour of realistic alien planet hazards with Anime Moe girls and Gundams.

So you find another way around, or figure out a way to be clever about getting by. Imagine, having to explore in a game about exploration.

rickyson1

really the more I think about it the more I realize that I liked it not just more than the first one but vastly more

is the story worse? sure but who cares that's not even remotely why I enjoyed the first one

the exploration is what matters and X is flat out better at that even not counting skells

add those in and it's not even remotely close

Do so many people hate the soundtrack just because of the NLA themes and Black tar? That's four songs out of an 83 song soundtrack. I don't understand you guys. Have you forgotten the beauty of the Sylvalum theme? The utterly awe-inspiring THEMEX? CODENAMEZ? The beautiful So nah, so fern? The ocean theme? Oblivia, Noctilum, Primordia, Cauldros, and how perfectly they fit in each of their regions? The key we've lost? aBOreSSs being the perfect song for the chapter 11 boss? I can name so many other tracks that you guys seem to have completely ignored just because you don't like a handful of the songs. It's a shame, really.

the thing is it doesn't sound like much when you put it like that but you hear them a LOT

I mean.. "the games only city's music and the music you hear in combat most of the time" sounds like a lot more than "four songs out of an 83 song soundtrack"

This has probably been covered (I haven't read through the entire thread), but my biggest complaint about XCX was the rate of progression in terms of Skell availability vs Continents accessed.

Basically, I feel as though I had only really had a chance to explore Primordia, Noctilum and 20%ish of Oblivia before getting access to a flying Skell. Basically once I could fly, I had zero reason to run, so I just flew around, unlocking Data Probes so I could quick travel.

I hadn't even seen Cauldros at this stage (some 45hours in). So I just flew around. I remember thinking, 'man this is an awesome castle overlooking a ravine, it would have been epic climbing these stairs' but I didn't get this opportunity, because i had zero incentive to.

Once the Skells come in, I had faster and easier transport, and more firepower for combat, rendering on-foot gameplay pretty much useless.

This is on me, I get that. The option to be on foot was there (I chose to use the Skell), but the balance of the game, and the rewards for non-Skell were severely lacking.

I really think that flying Skells should have been a post-game unlock, with areas only accessible via Skells being your End Game zones.

Exactly this. I love flying around, but I wish I had explored Oblivia, Sylvalum and Cauldros on foot before I had the chance to get a flying skell. Exploring Primordia and Noctilum on foot was very exciting and fun, and I feel like I really know these continents.

Well, most people complained that the game took too long to introduce the flying module, so we're probably big weirdos :p

Anyway, now that I'm doing endgame stuff, I've decided to greatly reduce the use of the flight module. I'm exploring the entirety of Sylvalum using only the ground vehicle form of my skell. Of course, if I'm running around and see a cave up there that can only be reached with the flying module, I'll use it to get there, but as soon as I've explored the cave, I'll resume ground exploration. Oblivia is next, then Cauldros.

This also got me interested in buying/crafting new ground gear for my characters, and I'm trying some arts I hadn't experienced before. Some endgame areas feel really challenging and exciting when you're exploring and fighting on foot, it's great! I'm surprised by how fresh the game still feels after 250 hours.

silva1991

Oh God the nightmares

this shit was so dumb not only it's next to impossible to explore without aggroing everything, but they pretty much gave all the high level monsters a long range attack that lasts forever and has infinite tracking

that was one of the cheapest thing I have ever encountered in any game.

the stupid overwhelming numbers in each area makes exploring in the original game better for me.

X keeps losing more points in my book.

The things I don't like:

New LA music
Lack of weapon/armors models diversity (the name changes but the weapons/armors are the same with different colors)
Companions search system (absent)
No option to make the sound come off from the Gamepad unless you are in Off TV Mode (unless I'm too dumb and didn't see it).

Liked every other aspect of the game. I hope the next one have more "TES-like interaction" with NPCs and the environment.

Yarbskoo

This is different when it's a game that allows monsters to somehow punch you 100 feet away. If they spot you, it's probably over. This isn't such an issue in something like Dark Souls, because combat encounters are very much about contact. Here's it's a semi-classic, disconnected JRPG battle system, so when you simply want to get to an objective but some dickhead Lv. 47 enemy sits right on the bridge, it's potentially unwarranted and borderline unbalanced scenarios for the player.

It makes sense for Dark Souls to value fair deaths because death matters in Dark Souls. It doesn't really in Xenoblade.

MoonFrog

I liked it more than I thought I would. I had considered not even getting it because it looked 'meh' and I'd finally need an external hard drive for my Wii U to play it, but I caved because I wanted mechs. I'm glad I did even if the game was flawed and empty in the ways I thought it would be--It was also a good game nonetheless.

the thing is it doesn't sound like much when you put it like that but you hear them a LOT

I mean.. "the games only city's music and the music you hear in combat most of the time" sounds like a lot more than "four songs out of an 83 song soundtrack"

That still isn't grounds for so many people to say that the whole soundtrack is terrible (which so many people in this thread have done). I honestly don't hear Black tar in-game anymore (Wir fliegen is the song I hear most now). And even though the NLA theme is heard the most out of any individual other field song, when you combine the other field themes, you hear them way more than the NLA themes.

I really enjoyed the music for the game. I feel like it gave the game a lot of character and stood out in my mind. I wished they would have changed the sound mixing in the cutscenes though, sometimes the lyrical track covers up the dialog.

This. If the mixers had done their job better that wouldn't have been a real problem. Plenty of other things including anime have had vocal songs behind dialogue.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My biggest disappointment is the feeling that you NEED a computer in front of you to do end-game crafting, hunting type of stuff. Like there are item locations and quests and people that would take you AGES to figure out on your own. If you want to do stuff in a somewhat timely manner you need to have a FAQ sitting open so you can search for enemies and locations... the game just doesn't give you enough information to do this on your own.

Which is amazing because this game overloads you with so much info, yet they don't give you the things you actually want to know.

That's my biggest burn. I would play more of this game, (I finished it, I'm at 110 hours) but I don't want to have to have a tablet or computer open constantly while I play it just so I know where specifically I have to go. The post game stuff sounds cool too, but yeah, it's a headache to do all the stuff required to get the post game Skells and stuff.

Post game is lots and lots of "You need this item, but to get this you have to get it as a reward in this quest, but to get that quest you have to talk to that person, but to have that person show up you have to do this quest first, and this quest is located over here only after you have collected this items which only shows up in this location and is dropped by this exact monster..."

And yeah. If you're playing through casually and not trying to take the most criticial path to everything, you're gong to enjoy it more.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I remember when people praised that roaming thing in Gaur. :/

jonjonaug

My biggest disappointment is the feeling that you NEED a computer in front of you to do end-game crafting, hunting type of stuff. Like there are item locations and quests and people that would take you AGES to figure out on your own. If you want to do stuff in a somewhat timely manner you need to have a FAQ sitting open so you can search for enemies and locations... the game just doesn't give you enough information to do this on your own.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I used a guide for was building the Ares 90, augment parts for the Telethia fight, Heart to Heart locations (mostly the DLC characters and a few of the non DLC ones), a couple of missing quests when I had like 97% completion, and a few hard to find collectibles like the Spirit Wand. If I was having trouble finding a monster part I'd just use tickets if I could.

As for quests/people/tyrants/etc the game does expect you to roam around NLA a lot talking to people, which I found fun because of all the side plots that develop throughout the game (stuff like the one woman who gets a bunch of alien roommates and her racist neighbor learning to be not so racist, the tennis court, all the little groups in the industrial district, etc). You get tons of hints to points of interest on your map and other things from random citizens while doing this, and also from the rest points around the map (usually two or so). So I never felt that I was lacking anything to do.

paolo11

X is actually my favorite Jrpg game. If I don't play Sfv, I would still be grinding that game.

The story seems like a prologue for a huge main story line but that's just how I feel.

Top Bottom