• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I make fire with rocks, and other luddite stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
Every house I've lived in has had a dishwasher installed in the kitchen, and never once have we ever used them in all my life of living.

They're pointless for in home kitchens. Im stuck with one in my kitchen because I'm a renter and have never used it once. If I could I would tear it out and replace it with either another oven or just a cupboard.

Dishwashers are a waste of space. Cleaning dishes is like a 5-10 minute thing and I say this as having cooked and wash dishes for a family of 6.

Sophia

Maybe if you live alone. But when you're serving a large family and disabilities and other factors come in they're a godsend.

I do like hand-washing stuff if it's just my own plates tho.

Every house I've lived in has had a dishwasher installed in the kitchen, and never once have we ever used them in all my life of living.

They're pointless for in home kitchens. Im stuck with one in my kitchen because I'm a renter and have never used it once. If I could I would tear it out and replace it with either another oven or just a cupboard.

Dishwashers are a waste of space. Cleaning dishes is like a 5-10 minute thing and I say this as having cooked and wash dishes for a family of 6.

Youre either a liar or eat the most boring food in the world.

Azerare

I don't know... a dishwasher was amazing for my family as it cut time that could be invested into other things. ( I come from a family of 9).

Though I imagine smaller families or people who don't use dishes that often wouldn't benefit as much.

Nah. Apartment didn't come with a dishwasher, got a portable one and it's a life saver.

If I'm coming home at 8PM every day from work, I ain't got time for dishes if I want to stay sane. That extra half hour/45 minutes it opens up is invaluable.

Lemaitre

Banned
I don't think they're useless.

Though my family also has one and never uses it. Ultimately it's on you to utilize whatever you decide to buy. Doesn't make said acquisition useless.

Ferrio

Banned
A dishwasher being a very convenient drying rack already makes it better. Using it for that alone is worth it.

dankir

Never used them once? I have a super quiet super energy efficient Bosch washing machine. We run it at least 3 times a week.

They are a life saver.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

My dishwasher is awesome. I rarely even have to pre-wash.

Dishwashers don't exactly do the best job of completely getting your shit clean, but they're amazing for lazy fucks like myself.

The trick is to run the sink as you're loading, manually get as much of the grime off as you can because the washer will not get someone with elbow grease in there to do it. As long as most of the buildup is off your stuff it's fine.

But I know some people that just throw shit in there with leftover food and other buildup expecting the washer to take care of that, and it's not at all how it works.

CHC

a) Maybe try using it? You do know it cleans your dishes automatically? As in, fill it with dirty dishes and soap, hit a button, and come back to find them clean?

b) Also better for water usage - much less than doing it by hand.

c) If you really hate it just use it to store your dishes instead.

PaulloDEC

I grew up in a house without a dishwasher, so I've never really gotten the point. Dishes really aren't such a laborious chore that I need a machine the size of a doghouse to do them for me.

Dear OP: You, sir, are incorrect. /thread.

Seriously, the dishwasher is a great thing to have. I'm glad I don't have to wash every dish by hand.

Dishes don't take 5-10 minutes here.

DopeToast

Banned
You're out of your mind. Not only are dishwashers incredibly convenient and do a good job of cleaning dishes, but I'm pretty sure they also use considerably less water than simply washing everything by hand.

I mean for a start, washing dishes for 6 people after a day does not take 10 minutes. Unless you're all eating and drinking from a big mug each.

Then imagine the time you could be spending doing something else. Anything else. Not washing dishes.

WedgeX

Banned
You're wrong, OP. Perhaps more wrong than any other OP in all of neogaf's history that isn't of an offensive nature. Dishwashers save marriages.

Crispy75

When I was young and single, I thought the same way. Now I'm married with two small children and buying a dishwasher CHANGED MY FUCKING LIFE, LET ME GRAB YOU BY THE LAPELS AND STARE DEEPLY INTO YOUR EYES THE STARE OF A SAVED MAN.

majik13

Maybe Im doing it wrong, but dishes can take me like 30-40 mins a dat for a family, but thats trying to do it with as little water as possible. Dishwashers are supposed to on average use less water as well.

Not sure how you are doing them in 5-10 mins, unless you are doing that several times a day. Or possibly dont cook a lot.

Growing up we never used the dishwasher either, I'm so used to washing dishes by hand that I never use my dishwasher now. It's just me, my wife, and a newborn so we don't make that many dirty dishes now but in the future we will definitely use it.

If I were looking at places to move and it didn't have a dishwasher it would be an automatic disqualification.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
The OP is either trolling or needs to listen to some podcasts because he or she is stupid. Or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom