• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

Where did you get two from?

image.php

He posted about two new ARPG's that are a departure from souls, but still take the lessons from souls. Can't find the exact post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240375008&postcount=10395

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240995973&postcount=170

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240281964&postcount=9009

Oh, shit. The weird game Miyazaki is directing = "VR title" and not Armored Core...? Wow!

gonna go detective mode right now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been juniored for years, dude, get used to it.

Took care of that. We've transitioned to a system that allows for timed juniorings but it looks like yours is from the legacy period where juniorings were indefinite. Sorry about that!

If anyone else is in the thread and has been juniored before, say, 2014-07-01 [I can see the dates so if you're unsure say you're unsure and if you're outright lying I'm going to ignore your request] and has a relatively clean ban record since then, PM me and I'll review the request. No guarantees but generally I'm in favour of moving people towards our new system where junioring is a time based thing. Hope I can make your wish come true.

Gbraga

Took care of that. We've transitioned to a system that allows for timed juniorings but it looks like yours is from the legacy period where juniorings were indefinite. Sorry about that!

If anyone else is in the thread and has been juniored before, say, 2014-07-01 [I can see the dates so if you're unsure say you're unsure and if you're outright lying I'm going to ignore your request] and has a relatively clean ban record since then, PM me and I'll review the request. No guarantees but generally I'm in favour of moving people towards our new system where junioring is a time based thing. Hope I can make your wish come true.

Oh shit! I can finally vote for Thor 2: The Dark World in the next poll!

Thank you! :')

IrishNinja

That's the name of the genre. Stop trying to make it weird. When you just say Souls you're just talking about the Dark Souls games. Saying Souls-like just sounds pretentious, especially considering that SoulsBorne is the accepted name of the genre...

What next? Metroidvanias are just Metroid-likes?

no, its not - nothing about souls doesn't imply bloodobrne to all that know it. it's a needlessly redundant word that adds nothing.

there's entire threads here about metroidvania and what all that entails vs just a metroid title.

it's not accepted, it's a weird thing some weirdos do. souls is fine!

Hesh

I've always wondered why game companies don't cater specifically to my needs. I buy their games, doesn't my opinion matter?

MegaMelon

I'm certain we'll see the announcement for their new souls-esque arpg at/by E3 2018 with an early 2019 release. I hope the extra time allows them to target a 201 release but it seems unlikely with them doing multiple projects.

Weird choice for a thread title considering they're still around and still make games. They're also in their prime now too.

I'd like to see something other than a Souls type game.

A new Another Century's Episode game would be welcomed with open arms. Or some sort of spiritual successor to their PS3 Gundam Unicorn game which was amazing. Or Armored Core.

Well, I certainly miss their ARPGs. I'm playing through Nioh now and while it's a very good game, nothing touches a From Software ARPG.

The Boat

I kinda don't. They make amazing games, but they milked the Souls franchise too much, even with Bloodborne- which is reasonably different- it feels like they stretched a formula that was unique and took a long time to savor and digest properly, into something slightly more disposable and derivative.

With that said, I'll most likely be there on day one for Miyazaki's next game.

I think you should consider yourself pretty fortunate that your beloved developer is making enormously successful games, as opposed to feeling remiss about the fact that they haven't released a game this year. Imagine if you, like me, missed Team Andromeda. Or Bizarre Creations.

The corollary to this would be being thankful you're not getting buggy, creatively bankrupt annualized sequels.

The only fucking reason I'm resorting to derailing threads is because they fucking keep ignoring my PMs about the re-membering. Since they don't appear to be assed to read their PMs (YES, I CHECKED TO SEE IF THEY'RE ACTIVE OR NOT BEFORE PMing them), I feel I should make some more noise. Maybe then they'll fucking notice.

Congratulations, we noticed.

goddamn

Darkrider

Frankly I'm pumped by their output to date. Over the past several years we've gotten DeS, DS 1,2,3, Bloodborne as well as copious DLC

They are crushing it with OC.

T8SC

Gold Member
We're scraping the barrel now trying to find ways to create new From Software or Dark Souls topics.

Real shit though
If From didnt reveal anything at E3 why would they do it at TGS. Any project they release would be massive so why show it at the lesser show.
On top of that, Fromsoft has been pretty leaky lately with DS3 and BB.
General public hasn't heard a peep on what theyre working on outside of Miyazaki's words

eot

Banned
I like the symmetry between the complains about From taking too long (they aren't) and the guy being junior'd for too long (obviously wasn't)

Top Bottom