• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

Fat4all

Banned
fromsoftware has released at least one game every single year since they started making games

i think they're do a break

Alienfan

I don't think Bloodborne was that fresh, it attracted the exact same crowd as a dark souls game. I hope they do something radically different for their next game

Van Bur3n

I miss Black Isle, Troika, Origin Systems, Westwood...

Some actual shit to miss right here.

And here we got this OP missing a developer who is actually still developing stuff. Very recently, at that. Even in the OP's funny little mindset, Bloodborne was only two years ago. There ain't shit to miss.

eot

Banned
For me, and a lot of other people. The souls games has invigorated gaming for us. Or for me at least. They have been my go to games.

And when suddenly there is no more, I'm left with a bunch of stuff that leaves me empty
I think they put out too many games too fast. If they had only made Bloodborne after Dark Sould I'd have been happier. I'm fine with a wait.

Chinner

Banned
Wasn't From Software on the Switch Development list? I imagine they're cooking up something for switch and Sony at the very least.

IrishNinja

they didn't go anywhere tho

Relax, they are hard at work on the Princess Zelda/Sheik Soulsborne for Nintendo Switch. /s

With as much demand as there is for more Soulsborne games

There's so much build/playstyle variety in the soulsborne series

As fantastic as the Soulsborne series has been,

it's just Souls

you don't have to make it weird, everyone knows what you're talking about. Souls or Souls-like will do

I am pining for a new game from them but I say take as long as needed to deliver a game with the same or better quality as BB.

BB had Sony money behind it which definitely helped make it a better game. If FROM needs more time to reach that level of quality again no complaints from me.

I think they put out too many games too fast. If they had only made Bloodborne after Dark Sould I'd have been happier. I'm fine with a wait.

I dunno, maybe it's the way games are coming out now, at this rate of speed or something making it feel like eons since DS3..

Can you just imagine what it'll look like tho?

I thought I seen someone say the next one was Apocalypto souls.. if that's true, my tears will have tears in their eyes. The wait is becoming unbearable.

But at least we are talking about From now. Maybe something will come of this. Tgs is soon right?

I am pining for a new game from them but I say take as long as needed to deliver a game with the same or better quality as BB.

BB had Sony money behind it which definitely helped make it a better game. If FROM needs more time to reach that level of quality again no complaints from me.

I agree totally, I just wanna see what's up.. something!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't looking for an announcement 😂
More of a hint or a tease, an assurance.. a pulse or something.

normal-heart-rate1.gif

For me, and a lot of other people. The souls games has invigorated gaming for us. Or for me at least. They have been my go to games.

And when suddenly there is no more, I'm left with a bunch of stuff that leaves me empty
I can't do anything about it, but I was in hopes that I can share this sentiment with others who feel the same. But I clearly see I'm in the minority and feeling like this is an internet crime.
Empty? Mate, find other things to consume your time and mind than games by just one developer. This is a bit dramatic.
Yea, it may seem that way (it is) but I am just clamoring for that feeling man.

I think I've bought every major (console) release this year. Supported indies that interested me and came to the conclusion that what I really wanted was a game from From. Do you think it is bad if I took this to twitter and see if something happens? I dunno..
lmao

edify

Neo Member
they didn't go anywhere tho

it's just Souls

you don't have to make it weird, everyone knows what you're talking about. Souls or Souls-like will do
I agree, but I've had interactions with people online that use "souls" and "soulsborne" as distinct terms to describe the souls series without BB and souls series with BB respectively. I used "soulsborne" to be unequivocle. Personally I can't envisage a scenario where the former distinction is necessary... and if any game in the series is the odd one out it's DS2, not Bloodborne imo.

Don't worry, they are totally working something new.

I am actually glad they are taking a year off from those yearly Souls cycle, the longer they work on their next game, the better it will be.

I won't lie, I legitimately thought something happened to From Software.

Why else would someone make a thread like this just a year after their last game was released and months after their last DLC?

Nikki Noxis

Neo Member
I have always wanted to see a cyberpunk/future setting for a souls game (Let it die doesn't count, it sucks). The idea of using the equivalence of souls to modify your character on an operating table has always stuck in my mind. Plus it could try to mangle with projectile weapons much like Bloodborne did while also adding several new gameplay elements neither past game could dabble with. Like gravity/physics, vehicles on occasion and a new invasion mechanic involving looting or arresting players dependent on your faction.

Chao

I'm going pretty confident From is working on another souls like game with a new setting.

Don't think we will see Bloodborne 2, but a new world with the familiar souls mechanics.

Victorian and medieval eras are out. They can't do ancient Japan because that would look too much like Ni-Oh...

What about Egypt? Plenty of stuff they can come up with, but Miyazaki loves his huge buildings, castles and cities...

Sci-fi Souls I wouldn't really be interested in, but who knows.

You got attachment issues, OP?

Hmm... maybe?

I won't lie, I legitimately thought something happened to From Software.

Why else would someone make a thread like this just a year after their last game was released and months after their last DLC?

I explained what I meant in the OP, don't know how else to put it, luce..

I felt I had to express myself the one year they took off.
I mean, it's so bad, I bought Madden.. Madden!

I got stuff to play, but not much holds my attention.

Also, didn't mean to startle you or anyone else with this thread. I just want some From news.

I'm going pretty confident From is working on another souls like game with a new setting.

Don't think we will see Bloodborne 2, but a new world with the familiar souls mechanics.

Victorian and medieval eras are out. They can't do ancient Japan because that would look too much like Ni-Oh...

What about Egypt? Plenty of stuff they can come up with, but Miyazaki loves his huge buildings, castles and cities...

Sci-fi Souls I wouldn't really be interested in, but who knows.

I think it's one insider, who posted once that it was kinda like Apocalypto setting or something .. I dunno man.

With supposedly 3 games in the pipleline, they're just very busy. I'd imagine we will hear about one of those projects before the end of the year (Armored Core?)

Vamp

Thats how I feel :(
I am old and I dont play much games like I use to, the only games I enjoyed are dark souls and bloodborn.
I have become like those people who buy consoles just to play latest call of duty or sports game and nothing else, except for me its souls games.

I explained what I meant in the OP, don't know how else to put it, luce..

I felt I had to express myself the one year they took off.
I mean, it's so bad, I bought Madden.. Madden!

I got stuff to play, but not much holds my attention.

Also, didn't mean to startle you or anyone else with this thread. I just want some From news.
I can understand what you mean OP. I'm a similar way with the Yakuza games sometimes. I just want to play another Yakuza game and nothing else satiates that desire.

But you just gotta be patient :)

Try going outside games, watch a movie or TV show or read a book that you think looks interesting.

COMPLETELY off topic, but for ANY mods that might see this: can you PLEASE un-junior me. I've messaged two mods already about it and even EvilLore himself. But I keep getting fucking ignored. I'm not gonna fucking shut up about it until something gets done about it (either re-membering me or even permabanning me). I'm sick and tired of being ignored, and I'm just about ready to stop using GAF, even though I had many great times here.

I don't think Bloodborne was that fresh, it attracted the exact same crowd as a dark souls game. I hope they do something radically different for their next game

I know quite a few people who love BB but didn't get along with DS. The faster pace, the mechanical differences (dashes, instant heal, gun parrying, regain, trick weapons) and the different setting go a long way.

That said, we already know that one of their games is AC and another a game that is very different territory for them (VR?) so they do seem to stretch their legs.

IrishNinja

I agree, but I've had interactions with people online that use "souls" and "soulsborne" as distinct terms to describe the souls series without BB and souls series with BB respectively. I used "soulsborne" to be unequivocle. Personally I can't envisage a scenario where the former distinction is necessary... and if any game in the series is the odd one out it's DS2, not Bloodborne imo.

yeah, that is weird - i too can't imagine BB diverging from the formula so much as to need to be left off of any talk about the series proper, never heard that one

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm just glad they are getting the props they deserve for being such a great developer nowadays. They were one of the best studios 15 years ago and nobody played their games.

COMPLETELY off topic, but for ANY mods that might see this: can you PLEASE un-junior me. I've messaged two mods already about it and even EvilLore himself. But I keep getting fucking ignored. I'm not gonna fucking shut up about it until something gets done about it (either re-membering me or even permabanning me). I'm sick and tired of being ignored, and I'm just about ready to stop using GAF, even though I had many great times here.
lmao

Fat4all

Banned
I feel your pain, they've been gone for so long after all. I wonder if they're still even making games anymore.

i know, right

why are they hoarding their IPs if they're not gonna use them?

they should sell the bloodborne rights to a company that will make a new game asap, like EA, or Bethesda

Nev

Banned
Takes time to make masterpieces.

Not for them apparently. They managed to make four of them in 5~ years.

Anyways I'm glad they haven't announced anything yet. I love Souls but it needs to stay dead for a long, long time, even forever. We've had 4 masterpieces and a decent clone, what else would we need? I don't want it to turn into some Assassin's Creed yearly uninspired cashgrab.

Let them do new stuff and give them all the time they need. Don't want them rushing things. If they created Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne basically at the same time, imagine what they could do with proper time.

Too bad it seems like they won't focus on a single project though.

Fat4all

Banned

you were juniored a week ago

I once spent 6 months juniored

serve your time gracefully and don't complain in threads about other topics, please

Top Bottom