• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

I'm frankly quite surprised that people are still upset about certain developers having lower productivity this gen. Any major developer you can think of is the same way. It's just the way things are this gen. It takes a lot more time and resources to make a game these days.

Why do you think Rockstar hasn't released anything this gen besides porting over GTA V to current gen systems? Why do you think the only game Naughty Dog released this gen has been Uncharted 4? Etc.

I'll give credit where its due. From Software has delivered a good-to-great game every year for quite awhile. I'll take consistency any day of the week. Doesn't mean I can't also pine for their early days, when they were less risk-averse.

Then again, it could always be worse. Square-enix's drop in quality this generation has been staggering. They've spent/are spending a ridiculous amount of time and resources on FFXV, and it's still a mess.

I miss Tenchu so bad. :(

Hell I even loved Tenchu Z on 360. It got terrible reviews but the create-a-character stuff and the gameplay itself was good

Online was fun. It was pretty much a one-sided slaughter where everyone raced to get the most kills, but it was still addictive as hell.

Geddy

I miss Zelda games.

Not sure if you're just bustin' on OP since Zelda just came out, but man I miss the Twilight Princesses, Wind Wakers, Ocarina and Majora... The more linear 3D games. I still enjoyed Breath of the Wild but what I wouldn't give for a return to the old formula.

I'm getting a tag aren't I...

Really don't know why I'm getting my balls busted.
Nobody wants a new ip from them or ready to see what they've been working on? I'm ready mang.. I hope at PSX or tgs.

AmyS

I know DS3 just came out.. and while it's a good game, I miss the freshness of something new from these guys.

The Bloodborne leak was one of the greatest moments of my gaming life. The rush of blood I got from seeing the possibility of something great and it turning out to be better than expected seems to be a once in a lifetime event.

I don't want it to be. Just give me one more original game akin to BB. I'm not even going to ask for a sequel, cause I've/ we've been shot down by multiple gaffers.

Where art thou Miyazaki?

I don't understand the post.

1. From Software hasn't gone anywhere.
2. Dark Souls III came out over 16 months ago.

Alastor3

oh booohoooo

come on OP, it's because we have been blessed with so many games that people like you say things like that.

vocab

I personally want something that is neither dark/demons souls or bloodborne. I want a new set of combat and gameplay systems to differentiate from those two styles of game.

I don't understand the post.

1. From Software hasn't gone anywhere.
2. Dark Souls III came out over 16 months ago.

Well.. basically I'm ready for their next original game to be shown off. I'm a super fan of everything they have made. From kings field to otogi, from Demons to Bloodborne.. I'm ready to see what's next from From Software.

I can't say I was super into armored core, but I'll take it too

I personally want something that is neither dark/demons souls or bloodborne. I want a new set of combat and gameplay systems to differentiate from those two styles of game.

I can't say the same. I want what's in their DNA.

DMONKUMA

It's been said before but yes to another Armored Core game. I'd definitely take that over the other two projects they are working on.

The God

I'm getting a tag aren't I...

Nobody wants a new ip from them or ready to see what they've been working on? I'm ready mang.. I hope at PSX or tgs.

Of course people want to see what they're working on, but they just released 3 games back to back from 2014, and DLC for their last game was released their year.

They even told us a new IP and Armored Core are coming. You're just coming off as impatient lol

I miss their OG logo

Such a beautiful logo.

Mar%2030%202007%2007-34-57PM.jpg

Of course people want to see what they're working on, but they just released 3 games back to back from 2014, and DLC for their last game was released their year.

They even told us a new IP and Armored Core are coming. You're just coming off as impatient lol

Yea, it may seem that way (it is) but I am just clamoring for that feeling man.

I think I've bought every major (console) release this year. Supported indies that interested me and came to the conclusion that what I really wanted was a game from From. Do you think it is bad if I took this to twitter and see if something happens? I dunno..

Madame M

Banned
I miss Intelligent Systems.

They used to make shit like Paper Mario RPGs, Advance Wars and Fire Emblems that weren't dating sim fan service games.

Sigh...

edify

Neo Member
There's so much build/playstyle variety in the soulsborne series, Fromsoft could take 3 years off and I wouldn't care. I've played almost nothing but souls since I first played DS1 in 2014 and I'm not even starting to get bored (although getting the platinum in Sotfs was a massive relief because it means I never have to see a certain Keep ever again).

PaulloDEC

Because the phrase "I miss _______" is usually reserved for things that have gone somewhere. From Software haven't gone anywhere, and indeed they released a piece of new DLC less than 6 months ago.

You know what I miss? The Zork games. The last proper one of those was twenty years ago.
That would be a usage of that phrase that wouldn't result in people taking the piss out of you.

The God

Yea, it may seem that way (it is) but I am just clamoring for that feeling man.

I think I've bought every major (console) release this year. Supported indies that interested me and came to the conclusion that what I really wanted was a game from From. Do you think it is bad if I took this to twitter and see if something happens? I dunno..

They're not gonna announce a game to you on twitter just because you asked.

Zukkoyaki

I wonder what they're going to show first, the action-RPG, the Armored Core game or the "weird" new IP?

Honestly I could seem them doing what the Yakuza studio did and holding a stream where they give us a glimpse of everything.

Because the phrase "I miss _______" is usually reserved for things that have gone somewhere. From Software haven't gone anywhere, and indeed they released a piece of new DLC less than 6 months ago.

You know what I miss? The Zork games. The last proper one of those was twenty years ago.
That would be a usage of that phrase that wouldn't result in people taking the piss out of you.

..Or things that have happened multiple years ago, you want to happen again. That usually warrants a "miss". Yea, the title could have used a lil more thought, but hey, I do.

They're not gonna announce a game to you on twitter just because you asked.

Stranger things have happened, don't twitter thrive on that kind of stuff?

I wasn't looking for an announcement 😂
More of a hint or a tease, an assurance.. a pulse or something.

I'm straight now tho.

Steel

Banned
I'd like to see them do a mech game again. I'd prefer Chromehounds-esque but I'll take an armored core. They're probably working on one, hopefully they announce it fully soon.

pablito

FROM had a dlc this year for a game that released last year. 5 games in the last 8 years.

Missing them shouldn't even be an idea.

Instro

They always have at least 1 release per year. Given that they have nothing officially announced for 2017,or beyond, you'll probably see something at either TGS, PSX, or TGA.

Tagyhag

I mean...BB was just more Souls...

Yes it had key changes but no one is going to look at both games think "Woah it's like something I've never ever seen before!"

If you want something actually fresh, get them to make another goddamn Adventures of Cookie & Cream.

Danneee

I can't wait for the new AC game and they really should take a break from the Souls games, 4 games plus expansions in 8 years is a lot.

Oh and I miss Compile!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it feels like Dark Souls 3 came out yers ago and it was just last year :eek:

Top Bottom