• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

Dark Souls just got some kick ass DLC not long ago.. Give it time. We don't need the B team putting out content while we wait. Just wait. Play Bloodborne again.

I'm somewhat busy these days, so while I've just recently done the dark souls 3 DLC, I still have yet to get into the Bloodborne DLC then fight the end bosses. I'll be frank, the reason it's taken so long is because my psn subscription ran out and I'm tired of giving them money.. Online features add a lot to these games. I'm so annoyed it's behind a paywall. Totally Bogus. Also, I can't be bothered to turn on ps4 when steam exists and I like playing on that set up.

Gbraga

They need to up the ante with their games. They need to join the major devs and start doing better animation and stories. It doesn't mean changing their style much, it just means getting better at something they are absolutely terrible at.

Bloodborne is cool and all, but I prefer my games to make a lick of sense at some point. I'm pretty much over random NPC guy tells me shit have a nice day type of storylines where the story is basically a written item connected to a few mediocre sentences being said from some random low budget voice acting.

I completely disagree with you on this. Their animations are fantastic (except for Dark Souls II, I guess, that was a step down), and I adore their style of storytelling. I'm not against them trying different things, but I think the Souls games, particularly Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne, tell their stories in a very unique way that I'll definitely miss going forward.

Who are "the major devs", anyway? I can't think of too many stories as interesting as Bloodborne's story is this generation, especially ones with no quirks of their own in the method of storytelling.

Nah, no trailers. We don't need to be hyping this thing up for two years. That almost never works out.

To be honest, their next game cannot just be some random DS game. It's not going to cut it. I haven't completed BB or DS2 scholar yet and I really am not pressed to do so anytime soon.

I want their next game to be huge.

It doesn't have to be for two years, they have more teams at From. It wouldn't surprise me if the next AC game came out in 2018.

I am a little disappointed to see that From Software's output has shrunk over the past however many years.

They put out a ton of games during the PS1/PS2 days. Not all of them were winners, but they were all interesting in their own way.

Plus they covered more genres, such as Survival Horror (Kuon).

As fantastic as the Soulsborne series has been, I'd like to see them put out more varied/smaller games.

It's good in the long term. Gives them more time and helps me to unwind from the last game and be more excited for their latest release. Hopefully we will hear something by the year end on what their working on.

We got Dark Souls 2 in 2014, Bloodborne and DS2 SotFS in 2015, and Dark Souls 3 in 2016. There being nothing this year or even anything concrete to look forward to is especially noticeable because of that.

Edit: Actually, there were the DS3 DLCs I guess.

Steroyd

Well between Arcs System works making a Dragonball game and the Yakuza devs making a Fist of the North Star game, this clearly means From Software are making a Berserk game in the shadows.

daTRUballin

I am a little disappointed to see that From Software's output has shrunk over the past however many years.

They put out a ton of games during the PS1/PS2 days. Not all of them were winners, but they were all interesting in their own way.

As fantastic as the Soulsborne series has been, I'd like to see them put out more varied/smaller games.

I'm frankly quite surprised that people are still upset about certain developers having lower productivity this gen. Any major developer you can think of is the same way. It's just the way things are this gen. It takes a lot more time and resources to make a game these days.

Why do you think Rockstar hasn't released anything this gen besides porting over GTA V to current gen systems? Why do you think the only game Naughty Dog released this gen has been Uncharted 4? Etc.

NoKisum

With as much demand as there is for more Soulsborne games, is it time for either Dark Souls or Bloodborne (or whatever similar franchise they're working on next) to become annualized?

Hmm maybe they forgot to push the "make game" button

😂 What don't you guys get? Nowhere did I say I wanted a rushed product. Or "team B" to put something out. This is more of an ode to their original stuff!

Something new from From. BB's leak was a good time to be alive. And this is me missing that..

I have it on good authority that they have a good deal of things in development. Not just things under one series or umbrella like tbe souls games were.

Bloodborne 2 will be the swan song of the PS4.

Mark my words.
This is like betting 100k on McGregor. If Bloodborne 2 happens, it won't be on the PS4 and you can take that to the bank.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm with you, OP. At least we have the 3rd Nioh DLC to look forward to, but after that, it'll be over for Souls-like for a while. :( I've been trying The Surge and it's just not nearly the same level of quality and engrossingness (that's a word, okay). Right now the only game that I'm really hyped for on a level similar to Souls/From games, is Monster Hunter World.

I cannot wait for their next game. Bloodborne 2, new IP, whatever it is, I want it so bad! TGS or PSX announcement, please :)

tesqui

P4wt1jp.gif

fuck off Gabe you've gone too far with your bullshit

taoofjord

I'm with you regarding Bloodborne. In my 30ish years of gaming there's not much that can compete. The leaked reveal, salivating at each piece of media leading up to the release, finally getting my hands on it, the first playthorugh in its entirety with all its brilliant and memorable moments, digging into the lore on YouTube, picking up the gorgeous FP guideboook, playing the DLC, replaying the game a few times, and anxiously awaiting the fantastic art book... not much can compete in my opinion.

Fhtagn

In the past 8 years they released 5 Souls games. C'mon.

Yeah, I am really glad they are taking a breather year to really polish something, after playing all of those several times through, I need the break and I think a lot of folks feel the same way.

Am starting to get pretty curious about what's next...

Bloodborne stinks.

WAT
I wasn't impressed my first playthrough.

I sold it and the PS4. Last year I bought them again, and now I think it may be the best Souls game yet. It's really good.. But again, I hate those PSN sub shenanigans. I will not pay a subscription cost to enjoy one game online whose features have been free in every other iteration either on sony platforms or others.

Really hoping for something even fresher than bloodborne was, though, for whatever's next.
The old formula is a little tired. Wow me~!

Persona7

Banned
Dark Souls 3 wasn't fresh to you but a watered down version of the exact same formula in a slightly different setting was good? ��

I cannot wait for their new games to release, but I sure hope one of them is Bloodborne 2.

No thanks. I mean I have a PS4, but I like gaming on PC and I don't want them working on a game for a single platform. If they do they better fix the frame pacing.

Gbraga

Dark Souls 3 wasn't fresh to you but a watered down version of the exact same formula in a slightly different setting was good? ��

It's hardly an unpopular opinion. I completely agree with it, too. And I think DS3 is great.

BB is watered down!? Being a chef, I can tell you every great recipe has water in it. 😂

No, after 3 main entries plus multiple dlc's per, it wasn't fresh. It was/ still is better than 80-90% of games out. But nothing like something new from From Software, imo.

Estoc

This reminds me of the cautionary tales web comic artists told, of people demanding that they upload their works faster, regardless if it's possible or if they are on holiday, all because their audience are bored and need that entertainment now.

They're either on break or working on their next project, the former is well deserved, latter is well, "things take time".

Go look for something else to add to that "things I enjoy" list of yours.

DrD

Miyazaki did say they're working on 3 games, one of which is a new Armored Core and another is a dark fantasy action RPG that's not Souls.

This reminds me of the cautionary tales web comic artists told, of people demanding that they upload their works faster, regardless if it's possible or if they are on holiday, all because their audience are bored and need that entertainment now.

They're either on break or working on their next project, the former is well deserved, latter is well, "things take time".

Go look for something else to add to that "things I enjoy" list of yours.

Except I'm one guy on a forum expressing his love for their work and not demanding anything. I fuckin miss their reveals of original work, what's the big deal?

oh come on man.. in my eyes they have been slamming us with games and content since DS2.

I actually learned something today..

Nobody reads the op, they just see title and hit reply😣

I'm actually yearning for something new from them, similarly to how when Demons first came out.. and similarly BB. I can't wait for their next original piece.

Dark Souls III's last DLC just came out a couple months ago.

What I want is Tenchu. From still has the license I think, they could do something interesting with it especially now that they have more experience and and are more known.

RedBoot

I want a new Echo Night. :p

Sadly the only way that they could justify a game like that nowadays would probably be making it VR.

That it hasn't been that long and youre being impatient

I might be, but I can't help it. I'm ready..

I can't do anything about it, but I was in hopes that I can share this sentiment with others who feel the same. But I clearly see I'm in the minority and feeling like this is an internet crime.

Edit:
Calm the eff down OP. Making games is not a walk in the park

...well someone in here said they had a "make a game button". Well which is it!?
jk

Top Bottom