• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

The God

Forgive the bump.

So will From Software reveal anything new at PSX 2017, or do we have to wait until E3, or beyond?

I'm still hoping for Bloodborne II, not to mention their next great multiplat action RPG (whatever replaces Dark Souls) not to mention the next Armored Core game.

They're probably not announcing anything until E3 2018

Bloodborne 2 isn't a thing because Miyazaki doesn't want to make it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I was literally wondering what they were up to right now. They have 3 on the go yes? I pray one is a demon souls remaster

xviper

this is why games like COD and AC series are no longer as big as they used to be

when you people love a series, you keep demanding sequels over sequels over sequels until the developer run out of ideas and start making shitty and lazy sequels for the sake of money, and we have seen that with Dark souls 3, we all have seen how soulless and how boring it was

let the series rest, soulsborne series is one of my favorite gaming franchises, but i don't want to see any soulsborne game for at least 2 years

TitusTroy

I would like to see From try something completely new and out of their comfort zone of Souls type of gameplay...how about a space game or WW2 game or cyberpunk game?

Gaplanet

I would like to see From try something completely new and out of their comfort zone of Souls type of gameplay...how about a space game or WW2 game or cyberpunk game?

Oh yes, we need more cyberpunk games. A game with cp themes and music (something like Vangelis) made by Fromsoft, dear god...

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
this is why games like COD and AC series are no longer as big as they used to be

when you people love a series, you keep demanding sequels over sequels over sequels until the developer run out of ideas and start making shitty and lazy sequels for the sake of money, and we have seen that with Dark souls 3, we all have seen how soulless and how boring it was

let the series rest, soulsborne series is one of my favorite gaming franchises, but i don't want to see any soulsborne game for at least 2 years
What madness is this?

Calibos

I agree with the sentiment to let things rest, but saying CoD isn't as big as ever isn't all that true. It's not pulling quite the same numbers as Black Ops 2, but it's still a yearly juggernaut in sales. If it's "good" or "shitty" comes down to opinions.

AC let their series rest though for a year and I feel like what they put out this years is standing right next to Horizon as a game of the year candidate.

The Soulsbourne series may come back, but there are plenty of clones, some of them very good, to hold us over for a few years.

Oh...and Dark Souls 3 was great.

AmyS

They're probably not announcing anything until E3 2018

Bloodborne 2 isn't a thing because Miyazaki doesn't want to make it.

Proof of claim?

Ah well, that kills my hope for Bloodborne 2.

Anyway it makes sense they're probably not announcing anything until E3 2018, because ever since Dark Souls II was shown at E3 & TGS 2013, it seems From Software has been on a roll releasing games and DLC without even 12 months going by between any given release.

Dark Souls II - PS3 / X360 / PC
*Crown of the Sunken King
*Crown of the Old Iron King
*Crown of the Ivory King

Bloodborne

Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin

*Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC

Dark Souls III

*Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLC
*Dark Souls III The Ringed City DLC

Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades Edition

Top Bottom