• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I miss From Software

Have they given any hints on their next project? With the completion of the Dark Souls Franchise, I do wonder what they have in store.

I'd much rather other developers step in with great action RPGs than From grinding out games every two years

As we've seen with Nioh and Nier Automata etc those games are great and fill the void for me anyway

I'd much rather other developers step in with great action RPGs than From grinding out games every two years

As we've seen with Nioh and Nier Automata etc those games are great and fill the void for me anyway

They can still do those.. nobody's stopping them. I just want from new stuff.

Edit: y'all can't imagine how badass their next game is gonna be? People got jokes in here, but it's gonna put shit to shame!

sublimit

Banned
Have they given any hints on their next project? With the completion of the Dark Souls Franchise, I do wonder what they have in store.
They said they are working on 3 projects and one of them is a reboot,the other has a dark tone and the last is something very different for them.

Toni

FrayedInconsequentialCollie.gif

Bloodborne 2 is coming.

poodaddy

I know DS3 just came out.. and while it's a good game, I miss the freshness of something new from these guys.

The Bloodborne leak was one of the greatest moments of my gaming life. The rush of blood I got from seeing the possibility of something great and it turning out to be better than expected seems to be a once in a lifetime event.

I don't want it to be. Just give me one more original game akin to BB. I'm not even going to ask for a sequel, cause I've/ we've been shot down by multiple gaffers.

Where art thou Miyazaki?

I miss Naughty Dog.

I miss Nintendo.

I miss Zelda games.

I miss Rockstar.

I miss Evolution Studios.

I miss Rocsteady.

lmao.

Maxinas

At least they've put out new games this gen. Rockstar on the other hand...

Well you got RDR2 coming out next year
Delayed to 2019 i bet
. GTA6 seems like another GTA5 situation. Will drop right when the PS5/Xbone2 are announced in 2020+ or what not.

I'd really prefer they take their time

Dark Souls 2 & 3 were clearly made with financial priority. I'm not knocking them I really like those games as well but it's not the ideal path for a cult developer like From to be going down.

I'd rather they be like Rockstar than Ubisoft in terms of release frequency / impact

Galang

Banned
Didn't they release a game just last year?... I'm hoping their next game at least aesthetically looks a lot different than the past few. It's time for them to shake it up a lot more than they've been doing and I hope their new IP takes care of that.

I hear you, but the dks3 dlc (and twisted, unfocused lore/story for the game), and ds2 (sans dlc) proved that they could stand to slow things down a bit (which is hopefully possible now that they are an established AAA game developer publishers actually court). Their best souls games (deS, Dks1, Bloodborne) are the ones that seemed to be given the longest time to stew/had Miyazaki's closest attention (although I think it has less to do with him specifically being the director as there just being strong, singular direction generally without creative leads being torn between multiple projects/having time to fix problems that arise).

So yeah, I'd wait three years or more if that's what it took.

DMONKUMA

I remember reading about those projects, but nothing has been brought up since? I believe they're also working on a Switch project.

They were in the list of the developers yes but haven't comment on what they are making/plan for the system.

They did say that it will be a couple years before they can release anything yet.

Dremorak

Banned

Edit: y'all can't imagine how badass their next game is gonna be? People got jokes in here, but it's gonna put shit to shame!

Have you tried the monster hunter series? The combat feels very similar IMO, and I enjoy the progession of MH a lot more. You might find it fills that hole a bit till the next DS game

I'd love to see them do a modern AC game.

I've been imagining them doing a Zelda spinoff for Nintendo. Majora's Mask by way of Bloodborne. I'd love to see Soulslike crossovers become a thing, there are so many IP's that could be taken interesting places in that genre. I don't know how Nioh and The Surge have done but Dark Souls seems to be a money printer, there's definitely demand for more of that kind of game.

Champion

They needed a break. The quality in their software started dropping when they started releasing Souls games annually.

Neith

Banned
They need to up the ante with their games. They need to join the major devs and start doing better animation and stories. It doesn't mean changing their style much, it just means getting better at something they are absolutely terrible at.

Bloodborne is cool and all, but I prefer my games to make a lick of sense at some point. I'm pretty much over random NPC guy tells me shit have a nice day type of storylines where the story is basically a written item connected to a few mediocre sentences being said from some random low budget voice acting.

Gbraga

They should take as long as they have to, I'm incredibly excited to see what they have in store.

I do agree it wouldn't hurt to throw us a trailer this year, though.

Have you tried the monster hunter series? The combat feels very similar IMO, and I enjoy the progession of MH a lot more. You might find it fills that hole a bit till the next DS game

I can't say I have.. I'm definitely interested in the new one. And will try thanks man.

I'm definitely looking.👀

Neith

Banned
They should take as long as they have to, I'm incredibly excited to see what they have in store.

I do agree it wouldn't hurt to throw us a trailer this year, though.

Nah, no trailers. We don't need to be hyping this thing up for two years. That almost never works out.

To be honest, their next game cannot just be some random DS game. It's not going to cut it. I haven't completed BB or DS2 scholar yet and I really am not pressed to do so anytime soon.

I want their next game to be huge.

MechaX

I am still waiting from another Armored Core from them.

And hopefully it won't be like ACV (good idea in theory, but the execution... eh....)

Dremorak

Banned
I can't say I have.. I'm definitely interested in the new one. And will try thanks man.

I'm definitely looking.��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=J1LE1D5YSZM&v=t5wRRvB-41I
This is from MH4U which is a couple of years old now, but this is the video that sold me on the game/series. It has the same mentality behind the combat in that you need to commit to your attacks and dodge with good timing, etc etc. With the added coolness of needing to read a monster to tell what they are going to do next, how close to death they are, if they are pissed, tired, etc etc.

Edit: Also as an animator this shit is GOLD

I am still waiting from another Armored Core from them.

And hopefully it won't be like ACV (good idea in theory, but the execution... eh....)

Yeah, any time a thread like this comes up people are like "I love FROM software!" And I'm like "yeah!" Then people go "man, I wish they'd make more souls games" and I'm like "you realize they made shit before that, right?"

AC is so good and I would love to see another one. I don't know that they'll ever top AC4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=J1LE1D5YSZM&v=t5wRRvB-41I
This is from MH4U which is a couple of years old now, but this is the video that sold me on the game/series. It has the same mentality behind the combat in that you need to commit to your attacks and dodge with good timing, etc etc. With the added coolness of needing to read a monster to tell what they are going to do next, how close to death they are, if they are pissed, tired, etc etc.

Cool.. in a fantasy draft right now, but will watch.
Thanks for this man

Top Bottom