• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think a bug may have crawled into my ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Lake

I've seen these things before in my bathroom. They can crawl through super tight spaces I never even imagined a bug could go through. It's like 1 am here and only the emergency room would be open. I'm not in any incredible pain but my right ear feels popped like when you fly on an airplane + itchy. I'm just gonna chill out hoping it's just shock :\ will go if it doesn't let up.
It would bother me all night if my ear hurt and I suspected a bug was crawling around in there. Something to think about!

Fox Mulder

Well, guess that means I'll never be putting things near my ears before inspecting it for small bugs. Just another thing to add to the bullet list of things that make me miserable.

Bugs don't usually want to be in ears anyways. I had a moth fly in my ear while i was around a porch light, and it seemed to have as bad of an experience as I did. The flapping and struggling of the moth felt like it was drilling my brain, but it did no damage and I dissolved it with peroxide or whatever it was I picked up.

//B1G

Banned
Bugs don't usually want to be in ears anyways. I had a moth fly in my ear while i was around a porch light, and it seemed to have as bad of an experience as I did. The flapping and struggling of the moth felt like it was drilling my brain, but it did no damage and I dissolved it with peroxide or whatever it was I picked up.

how fucking big is your ear hole?

ohh fuck :(

yea this is messed up im going to emergency care.

Geez. Just put a few drops of peroxide in there. That should kill anything that may still be alive (not likely it is anyway). Then you can use a syringe to flush whatever's in there out. Shouldn't need medical care, but I don't blame you if you go for it.

Branduil

jbpTkXrPaci23t.jpg

I'm the first one? Really?

Red

A cockroach once crawled into my brother's ear. My mom tried to flush it out. I remember him saying he could hear it screaming as it drowned.

An ER will be able to get it out within minutes.

LegoArmo

I'm glad the cups on my headphones aren't that soft foam stuff, it seems like bugs would enjoy that more. I can rest easy.

...Right?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
A cockroach once crawled into my brother's ear. My mom tried to flush it out. I remember him saying he could hear it screaming as it drowned.

Imagine hearing a soul leaving this plane and entering the next from within you. That would freak the shit out of me.

Could be worse. My uncle used to tell me about a friend that slept with her mouth open under a tree, and a week later she had be brought to a hospital because worms started crawling out of her nose.

This happened to me once. I think you would know if it was still in there. I thought I was going insane from the sensation and the sound of it. I've posted about it on GAF before.

adamsappel said:
I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS TRUE: I woke up one morning and had the most incredibly annoying tickling inside my ear. There was also a rustling noise that was very loud. I really thought I might be going insane. I asked my father to look inside my ear, and he shone a flashlight inside. "Oh my god, there's an insect in there!" The bug was attracted to the light and moved up and my dad was able to grab it with tweezers. It was an earwig. I think it was just a coincidence it was in my ear and they aren't named for any tendency to do so.

Do what zoleristec suggested and shine a light in there. Is there someone who can help with tweezing it out?

Don't give up that easily, GAF knows way more than doctors, stay here.

Screwdriver with peanut butter on the tip is my suggestion. Shove that on in there, the bug will be attracted to the peanut butter, get stuck, pull out, money saved. You're welcome.

"some protection" /= they don't eat ear wax

And upon further inspection...

Earwig_iruppu.jpg

Those little fuckers. If I leave a wet rag bunched up in the sink they'll set up shop. Pinchers don't really hurt at all, just fucking annoying.

NBooger

Banned
I believe the OP is the bug itself, communicating to us through the now empty husk of its host. GAF is not so easily fooled, foul bug. Now what are your demands?

The lunatic is in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

I can't think of anything to say except... I think it's marvellous!

Seriously though, get to a doctor right away.

I literally just put headphones like that on right before opening this thread. Now I don't want to take them off in fear of what I may find.

Donos

inbefore someone posts the vid of the bug nest in the nose of some guy (or the egg of some big bug under the skin of a woman)

Kinyou

sorry for this dumb topic, just sorta scared atm since I really hate bugs :[
I think you also wouldn't like even if you happen love bugs.

I'd suggest pouring a little water into your ear, though I don't know how a bug might react to that. You could also pour a little alcohol into your ear to kill the bug but I don't know how the ear might react to that.

okdakor

I'd suggest pouring a little water into your ear

That's one of the 2 method before the doctor, first you pull the ear to the back to get the canal straight :

- try the flashlight in a dark place to attract the insect outside
- try a little warm water to suffocate the bug and make it float

Zeppu

I was like: WTF is this shit?! Why is he making a thread about a bug crawling into his car?

Ooooh ear. *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom