• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i was driving home drunk then saw some sirens woo woo thats thread backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh Hamburglar said:
why is always the case in a drunk driving incident the drunk driver usually is the one to survive and the victim dies? >_<
Because their body goes limp on impact, whereas if you were sober, you'd have the instinct (and reaction time) to tense up, causing more damage in the collision.

Bezz

Banned
Nothing will happen to this guy. Thread double backfire.

He passed the test, and even if he now claims he was drunk, he passed the fucking test. Nothing to do.

Then he claimed he went parting, no way to prove he was drinking.

Just remember that snitches get stitches.

Vennt said:
You missed the bit where he went and "partied" to celebrate passing the test, do you really think he didn't drive home?

You were talking about logic? - Try using it :p

you're making an assumption and trying to pass it off as fact. using that same logic (or lack thereof) he could have went to the next party, got wasted and took a cab home. or not drank at all, or had a change of conscience and spent the evening warning everyone of about the evils alcohol abuse. either way passing off an assumption is fact shows that logic isn't being used to formulate your opinion. the only fact we know is that he passed his breathalizer test and was legally allowed to drive. if the officer felt he was still intoxicated even after passing the breathalizer test he still could have arrested him for failing the field sobriety test.

Mr. Banana Grabber said:
Or the fact that while he was drunk he actually thought he wasn't capable of driving so much that he tried to use a copper trick to get out of trouble. Some people can drive fine over the limit and some people can't drive at all if they're just under the limit. The op sounds like the first kind of douchebag.

so is this an issue of civil morality or legality? on the 1st page alone there was at least half a dozen posts of people saying he should be in jail or should have lost his license....based on what? he passed the fuckin breathalizer test. legally he was still allowed to drive.

Danielsan said:
Regardless of wether he was "drunk"according to legal standards or not, he admitted to being intoxicated while driving and apparently was in such a state that he figured he would not pass the breathalizer test.

how are you gonna say regardless of him being legally drunk when you were cosigning olivers post about notifying law enforcement? there's a lot of situational ethics and flawed logic being used as to why he should have gotten in trouble. legally he did nothing wrong and im not the morailty police so im not going to get into that can of worms.

sublime085 said:
Because their body goes limp on impact, whereas if you were sober, you'd have the instinct (and reaction time) to tense up, causing more damage in the collision.

I suspected that as well but is this fact or you pulling it out of your ass?

driving drunk is terrible but people in this thread need to stop acting as if he molested a child. if you have an active nighlife then youre going to hit the road with some booze in your system at one point or another

Teh Hamburglar said:
I suspected that as well but is this fact or you pulling it out of your ass?
Generally, it's been found to be true.

But I do like to store things in my ass for safe-keeping, so it might have been in there at one point.

White Man

Tyrone Slothrop said:
driving drunk is terrible but people in this thread need to stop acting as if he molested a child. if you have an active nighlife then youre going to hit the road with some booze in your system at one point or another

I don't think it's so much of a morality police thing as much as it was how the OP saw it fit to brag about doing this. It's not so much the iniquity as it was his feeling it necessary to brag about it on teh internet. So cool, driving drunk! Bragworthy definitely.

Bezz said:
Nothing will happen to this guy. Thread double backfire.

He passed the test, and even if he now claims he was drunk, he passed the fucking test. Nothing to do.

Then he claimed he went parting, no way to prove he was drinking.

Just remember that snitches get stitches.

wigger-15344.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Hydro_Alexis said:
Before I saw sirens I was speeding at about 70 mph on a nice long stretch while overtaking a taxi in the process.

My car was ram out (packed full of people) and we was going to a next club but before I reached the club a police car came up on my side and asked me to pull over to somewhere convenient at this point I was mad shook (scared) and I was blatantly over the limit so I tried an urban myth the copper trick. Apparently if you suck on a copper coin or substance it can dissolves the alcohol taste from your mouth (truth?!) anyway after stumbling out of the car and having a test to see if alcohol was in my system I didn’t even consider the speeding fine as I was more scared that I was over the limit and was going to lose my license.

Somehow it miraculously stayed on green and I was like how the fuck did I pass? The police then said chill out and have a nice night I was like errr cool and the party came to a unanimous decision to go and celebrate the fact i passed by getting drunk and partying I suppose there are some good feds in the world.

So the moral of the story is does this copper trick actually work or was I just that lucky?
73l0x8p.jpg

6ychapc.jpg

8c3ftcz.jpg

6kfoyt4.jpg

White Man said:
I don't think it's so much of a morality police thing as much as it was how the OP saw it fit to brag about doing this. It's not so much the iniquity as it was his feeling it necessary to brag about it on teh internet. So cool, driving drunk! Bragworthy definitely.

Yeah I am sure people have done it, but the fact that he seems proud of it is just ridiculous and shows that he has no respect for his safety or the safety of the others around him.

I know I have done some stupid ass shit in my life, but I actually regret most of it.

el Diablo

Banned
Sounds like one of those fake drunk girls. OH MY GOD I'VE HAD SOOOOO MUCH TO DRINK I'M SOOOOO DRUNK. Obviously not as drunk as you thought you were, couple wine coolers though they sure pack a punch :lol.

As a recovering alcoholic who has been regularly attending AA meetings for the better part of the last 7 years real drunk driving is when you wake up in the driveway not knowing how you or the car got home. What you're doing is haha funny, damn i'm cool. The realization that you've truly driven home drunk is scary.

Trakdown

Teh Hamburglar said:
why is always the case in a drunk driving incident the drunk driver usually is the one to survive and the victim dies? >_<

What's worse is that many times, the victim is comatose and only dies years later.

el Diablo said:
Sounds like one of those fake drunk girls. OH MY GOD I'VE HAD SOOOOO MUCH TO DRINK I'M SOOOOO DRUNK. Obviously not as drunk as you thought you were, couple wine coolers though they sure pack a punch :lol.

As a recovering alcoholic who has been regularly attending AA meetings for the better part of the last 7 years real drunk driving is when you wake up in the driveway not knowing how you or the car got home. What you're doing is haha funny, damn i'm cool. The realization that you've truly driven home drunk is scary.

Joke time!

whats the sorority girl mating call?

I'm sooooo drruuuuunnnk! I'm soooooooo druuuunnk!"

Javaman

sublime085 said:

I've heard that before, but my source-less gut tells me that it is because the drink driver causes most of the accidents. In many cases he would be hitting something with the front of his car, while the victims would be hit in less protected areas of their cars.

iidesuyo

BudokaiMR2 said:
I know I have done some stupid ass shit in my life, but I actually regret most of it.

And at some point he'll regret it too. People do lots of stupid things when they're young. Driving drunk is just one of them. That's life.

So what did i learn? You can get banned on gaf for mistakes you make in your real life as well as half the people who wanted to bitch about this whole ordeal are currently on a banned vaction. And i am sure some of you will be happy to hear that i no longer have my licence.

Xeke

Banned
Hydro_Alexis said:
So what did i learn? You can get banned on gaf for mistakes you make in your real life as well as half the people who wanted to bitch about this whole ordeal are currently on a banned vaction. And i am sure some of you will be happy to hear that i no longer have my licence.

Good to hear.

Douche.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
what? how'd you lose your license? a smooth motherfucker like you surely didn't get caught by the fuzz, did ya?

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Hydro_Alexis said:

So you obviously didn't learn your lesson.

At least now you won't have the opportunity to do some serious damage to someone else.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Douchegobbler

Xeke

Banned
EMBee99 said:
So you obviously didn't learn your lesson.

At least now you won't have the opportunity to do some serious damage to someone else.

Maybe he'll drive on a suspended license next.

Hydro_Alexis said:

It's license.

And yeah, if you lost it because of your nighttime habits, what do you want people to say? Catch a cab or the train when you plan on getting hammered at night. The only people driving should be DDs.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Don't drink and post. Buzzed posting is bannable posting. :D

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sho_Nuff82 said:
It's license.

And yeah, if you lost it because of your nighttime habits, what do you want people to say? Catch a cab or the train when you plan on getting hammered at night. The only people driving should be DDs.
I think he's from Europe. Soooo in a way, he spelled it correctly.

(just saying)

Hydro_Alexis said:

Good. Asshole.

One less moron endangering me and my daughter to worry about.

Somnia

Driving drunk is by far one of the most retarded things anyone can do. I use to be a borderline alcoholic two years ago and cleaned up my act. I still drink here and there from time to time, but I know what my limit is and I never have my keys on me when I drink or I'm at home so I do not have to leave. The one thing I never did when I was a major drinker was drive drunk...and neither did anyone I was with. Driving drunk not only risks your own life, but it also risks the life of someones mom, sister, brother, dad, grandma, etc. It's just fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom