• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDÉAME 2012 - Thread of Nintendo Indies Bonanza

I'll keep you updated when we catch up with the translation and transcription work, I'm crushed right now. I couldn't get a firm release date for Mutant Mudds in Europe, but Tyrone from Nicalis told me that we should expect VVVVVV in May, Ikachan and NightSky in June/July and that they're still working with Nigoro on La Mulana.

Awesome. About time re: VVVVVV!

Zen Pinball / Marvel Pinball DLC sounds good, and I'm also liking the sound of 1001 Spikes. If Bit.Trip Runner 2 comes out for Wii-U, I'll be there day one... the first game was one of the best downloadables on any console.

CaVaYeRo said:
They think people&devs are expecting analog pads, but they're still betting for it.

what do you mean by this?

wsippel

Banned
Hmm. I wonder if that means more 3DS games will be able to run at 60FPS in 3D, then? Because I'd like that. A lot.
This is about the CPU, not the GPU. And SysCore is still doing background stuff, so it's not like the performance available to games doubles all of a sudden. There were rumors that the update unlocking the second core also introduces some stuff to reduce GPU load when rendering stereoscopic 3D, but that part always seemed a bit weird to me. Still, the second core part was true, so maybe that part of the rumor is as well. Third part of the rumor was patches for retail games if I remember correctly.

CaVaYeRo

what do you mean by this?

what he meant is they made a lot of progress on stylus-controlled FPSs on the DS, specially the Call of Duty Team. I told them I was in love with that control method. They say they use it widely in Heroes of Ruin and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D, and that they will keep using it in further 3DS games for sure.

And regarding other devs, he thinks people is more used to analog stuff, feels more comfortable for them.

Anyway, I can't catch the English quote right now:

Con la DS nos centramos en todas las novedades: pantalla dual, pantalla táctil, etc. Trabajamos mucho tiempo para conseguir que esos controles funcionaran en condiciones, creo que avanzamos mucho en terreno desconocido hasta la fecha, conseguimos cosas geniales con ese sistema. Especialmente, el equipo Call of Duty realizó grandes avances.

Nos encantaría hacer un shooter en primera persona para la Nintendo 3DS. Hay un montón de posibilidades que podemos aprovechar, y nos encantaría volver a hacerlo.

Respecto al uso que hacen los demás de la táctil, es cierto. Parece que la gente ya lo ha dejado atrás, que el pad analógico es el control que uno espera encontrar, quizás más cómodo y familiar para la mayoría de los estudios. Prefieren usarlo y centrarse en las otras novedades [de la 3DS]. Así que creo que los desarrolladoes están pasando un poco por alto [el control táctil]. Naturalmente, en Heroes of Ruin, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D y otros juegos de Nintendo 3DS damos buen uso a la táctil.

And, btw, this is not the only dev that wanted to "defend" these touch controls.

I'm glad so many things are coming to the 3DS eShop. That new Zen game, Zombies in Wonderland for 3DS, 1001 Spikes, Nightsky and even Pinball DLC will definitely make the eShop better! I hope we see this support from small developers even more. That Vampire game looks cool too, I hope it comes out soon!

So, I interviewed Dan O'Leary, n-Space CEO, last Saturday:
http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/16311/Los+h%E9roes+pioneros+de+n-Space/
Was the interview done in Spanish? Just curious.

CaVaYeRo

I'm glad so many things are coming to the 3DS eShop. That new Zen game, Zombies in Wonderland for 3DS, 1001 Spikes, Nightsky and even Pinball DLC will definitely make the eShop better! I hope we see this support from small developers even more. That Vampire game looks cool too, I hope it comes out soon!

Was the interview done in Spanish? Just curious.

Interview: nope. n-Space and Renegade Kid in English, Mercury Steam in Spanish.
eShop: I have my Jools Watsham interview up. He wants to put a "retail scope 3DS FPS on the eShop, for 10-15 euro" and imagines how could a third Dementium for 3DS be. I left some stuff on the Mutant Mudds thread. Will try and share some more highlights later (on Dracula, etc).

Fare: looking forward to your n-Space interview! :)

Top Bottom