• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDÉAME 2013 Indie Conference by the University of Madrid and Nintendo

Sounds like a great event. Excited to learn more about cult county and what shinen is up to. Cheers to beril for his success and recognition, well deserved man, and enjoy the city. I for one loved it when I was last there.

guit3457

Clase maestra de @realandytudor de @slightlymadteam en #iDEAME2013 hablando Proyect C.A.R.S y de la importancia de su comunidad de usuarios

Master-Class by Andy Tudor and Slightly Mad Studios talking about Project C.A.R.S and the importance of their user community.

@realandytudor "Wii U y su segunda pantalla ofrece muchas posibilidades a Proyect C.A.R.S" #iDEAME2013

Andy Tudor: "Wii U and its second screen many possibilities for Project C.A.R.S."

Clase maestra de @realandytudor de @slightlymadteam en #iDEAME2013 hablando Proyect C.A.R.S y de la importancia de su comunidad de usuarios

Master-Class by Andy Tudor and Slightly Mad Studios talking about Project C.A.R.S and the importance of their user community.

@realandytudor "Wii U y su segunda pantalla ofrece muchas posibilidades a Proyect C.A.R.S" #iDEAME2013

Andy Tudor: "Wii U and its second screen many possibilities for Project C.A.R.S."

Shit now I really wish I was there :-(

guit3457

Termina la clase maestra de @realandytudor. Os habéis fijado en su camiseta de Mario-Pikachu??

Andy Tudor master class is over. Have you noticed his Mario-Pikachu shirt?

liLl69X.jpg

LoL

Taker666

Meelow

Banned

Wonder if we will get the first images of the Wii U version here.

Roo

Pretty cool thing they've just announced: iDÉAME U. Next year, some local students will develop a game and port it to the Wii U. Then, Nicalis will distribute, market and sell it on the Wii U eShop. (Source)

Gameplay video of Coaster Crazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYFKIQ6n4I

I find it pretty amazing that even students are working with a Wii U devkit. Seems like Nintendo is way more open than I thought. Good for them.

More gameplay videos!

So at the moment only Coaster Crazy was announced here right? We should be getting 4 more?

To be honest, I'd expect just one more announcement tops. Neither Football UP 3D nor Cut the Rope 3DS were on the list, but were on the show floor, so that only leaves two spots. There's also Oliver & Spike: Dimension Jumpers running on PC, and I may have missed something, so I wouldn't really expect anything else.

EDIT: Now that I check it, Mutant Mudds Deluxe (for the Wii U) wasn't listed but it's also on the show floor...

Soccer Up! was already known. It came out last thursday I believe.

Vampire Crystals seems to hold up alright. I think there's less enemies on screen than the Wiiware version. I was worried about the framerate. Good news about Cut the Rope. I was going to buy the DSi version.

serplux

To be honest, I'd expect just one more announcement tops. Neither Football UP 3D nor Cut the Rope 3DS were on the list, but were on the show floor, so that only leaves two spots. There's also Oliver & Spike: Dimension Jumpers running on PC, and I may have missed something, so I wouldn't really expect anything else.

This was announced at some point? I must have missed it.

watershed

Banned
More gameplay videos!

EDIT: Now that I check it, Mutant Mudds Deluxe (for the Wii U) wasn't listed but it's also on the show floor...

Cloudberry Kingdom and Super Acorn look better than I thought they would. Now I really hope Cloudberry comes to the 3ds. It looks like it could be the same insane fun that VVVVVV is.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Cut the Rope 3DS has never been announced or hinted at in any form, so probably it'll be announced today.

Videos and details:

-Cut the Rope 3DS
  • Port done by Abylight, published by Zeptolab.
  • Takes the iOS version and adds the extra PC/Mac levels.
  • The top screens shows the little green monster and how many stars you got in that level, use the stylus to cut and pop.
  • It has achievements and online leaderboards

Source

-Carps & Dragons
  • Original title from Abylight for the 3DS eShop.
  • Takes the Fish 'Em All concept (their WiiWare title) and adds new modes like Fishtris, where you have to catch fishes in an specific colour order, plus Arcade and Challenges.
  • Has local multiplayer with Dowload Play.
  • The levels have been reworked to fit the 3DS' screen.
  • New tutorials and a smoother learning curve.

Source

-UnEpic Wii U gameplay video (sorry for the reflections!)

Soccer Up! was already known. It came out last thursday I believe.

Yeah, I just figured we'd do a little gameplay video since it's a very recent release.

Cut the Rope 3DS has never been announced or hinted at in any form, so probably it'll be announced today.

Yup! To be honest, I didn't realize that the 3DS version wasn't announced until you guys noticed :lol

Gambit

a great project, I hope many titles will come out of it.

UnEpic looks kinda cool.

iDEAME is even promoted on the eShop for 3DS, which finally made me buy Gunman Clive (It IS awesome).

GRW810

I can't get excited about Cut the Rope 3D because, like Doodle Fit and Angry Birds it'll probably be overpriced compared to the other versions.

I can't get excited about Cut the Rope 3D because, like Doodle Fit and Angry Birds it'll probably be overpriced compared to the other versions.

Yeah Price will really be the deciding factor for this push to take off. I'd bet my left testi that Gunman Clive did so well because it had a great price tag.

They don't need to go as low as 0.79cent or anything but most of these games should aim at lower than 5 Euro. Optimal price being between 2 and 4. That's absolute impulse buy territory.

GRW810

Yeah Price will really be the deciding factor for this push to take off. I'd bet my left testi that Gunman Clive did so well because it had a great price tag.

They don't need to go as low as 0.79cent or anything but most of these games should aim at lower than 5 Euro. Optimal price being between 2 and 4. That's absolute impulse buy territory.
Yep, based on price structuring I'd pay £1.80 day one and consider £2.70, but anything more and I'll pass.

Tash

Hey Beril! I did not know you are a fellow gafer ;)
I think it's brilliant what they do with IDEAME. Truly great initiative and I had an insane amount of fun.

beril

Hey Beril! I did not know you are a fellow gafer ;)
I think it's brilliant what they do with IDEAME. Truly great initiative and I had an insane amount of fun.

Oh, just realized where I recognized your game from. I haven't posted much in the indie dev thread in a while but still look in every now and then. And yes, IDÉAME was amazing

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Videos and details:

-Cut the Rope 3DS
  • Port done by Abylight, published by Zeptolab.
  • Takes the iOS version and adds the extra PC/Mac levels.
  • The top screens shows the little green monster and how many stars you got in that level, use the stylus to cut and pop.
  • It has achievements and online leaderboards

Source

-Carps & Dragons
  • Original title from Abylight for the 3DS eShop.
  • Takes the Fish 'Em All concept (their WiiWare title) and adds new modes like Fishtris, where you have to catch fishes in an specific colour order, plus Arcade and Challenges.
  • Has local multiplayer with Dowload Play.
  • The levels have been reworked to fit the 3DS' screen.
  • New tutorials and a smoother learning curve.

Source

-UnEpic Wii U gameplay video (sorry for the reflections!)

Yeah, I just figured we'd do a little gameplay video since it's a very recent release.

Yup! To be honest, I didn't realize that the 3DS version wasn't announced until you guys noticed :lol

Does UnEpic have randomly generated levels like Spelunky?

Just wanted to say a big thanks to beril and Tash (and the rest, Andy Tudor, Austin Ivansmith, Alex Neuse, Martijn Reuvers, Mikael Haveri...) becuase they were amazing and we learned a lot from them during iDEAME. Not only that but they were also very friendly and amazing people.
Really, Nintendo made and amazing small game developers conference at Madrid and we cant wait to return to learn even more next year.

Some photos of the event

CaVaYeRo

More gameplay! http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/55051/Primer+gameplay+de+Zombie+Panic+3DS/

I obviously didn't know I could activate Kid Icarus-style touch controls at that time...

Very nice there's a thread on this, it was a really, really welcomed event for young devs (and for invited speakers, I'd say!). Nice photo gallery too, didn't know who was you! haha.

I also added some Jett Rocket gameplay to its thread, and exclusive footage from 90s Arcade Racer new circuit to its own.

More gameplay! http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/55051/Primer+gameplay+de+Zombie+Panic+3DS/

I obviously didn't know I could activate Kid Icarus-style touch controls at that time...

Very nice there's a thread on this, it was a really, really welcomed event for young devs (and for invited speakers, I'd say!). Nice photo gallery too, didn't know who was you! haha.

I also added some Jett Rocket gameplay to its thread, and exclusive footage from 90s Arcade Racer new circuit to its own.

Where you there? Could have been cool to meet you personaly. Next year maybe? :)

IvanDashSmith

Neo Member
Just wanted to say a big thanks to beril and Tash (and the rest, Andy Tudor, Austin Ivansmith, Alex Neuse, Martijn Reuvers, Mikael Haveri...) becuase they were amazing and we learned a lot from them during iDEAME. Not only that but they were also very friendly and amazing people.

You're welcome! And It was awesome to meet everyone, both the fellow devs and attendees. I want to come back every year now!

CaVaYeRo

Unicorn shirt = the post just above yours. And yeah, we had a 5 min chat about that precise awesome shirt before our interview.
Spoiler: interview includes a song

SpacePirate: yeah, I was the guy chasing every single developer all the time, should've poked me! With me there was a mech-like cameraman :p

Let's meet then!

Tash

Really, Nintendo made and amazing small game developers conference at Madrid and we cant wait to return to learn even more next year.

Some photos of the event

Very welcome. Really enjoyed checking your video for the game. :)
Oh and what Ivan said!

Tash

Unicorn shirt = the post just above yours. And yeah, we had a 5 min chat about that precise awesome shirt before our interview.
Spoiler: interview includes a song

SpacePirate: yeah, I was the guy chasing every single developer all the time, should've poked me! With me there was a mech-like cameraman :p

Let's meet then!

Ducktales...owoohooo!

Top Bottom