• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Shaneus

Kickstarter isn't an investment vehicle though.

One of the reasons I didn't invest in CARS is because of the lack of information and how it seemed like any "investors" had absolutely no rights. No payout formula, no project cost estimate, etc. But CARS was selling itself as an investment; this isn't. Neither is Doublefine's kickstarter campaign. It boils down to any cash generated will be used for the project, thanks fans. If you are not a big enough fan to give away free money on trust, you aren't the intended audience.
I've learned my lesson on CARS. I'm pretty confident in both the DF and IT providing me with sufficient entertainment worthy of what I've pledged. AND they're actually interacting with their user base without being complete douchebags about it. More than I can say for Slightly Mad.

Perhaps that could be some topic of discussion maybe?

Corto

Is better for Avellone to quit sitting on his hands and start his Kickstart already. My wallet is almost depleted.

Just paid. Gonna listen now!

Any way to get the backer stuff on iTunes, Chris? I'm guessing not?

Edit: Or anyway to download it in general? I can't see how on the page other than streaming.

dekjo

Nice, something new to listen too. Woooooooooooooo.

Was thinking this might be the first time in years that I skip PAX prime, but if they have a Thumbs panel, I'll at least have to go that day.

Shaneus

Anyway to get the backer stuff on iTunes, Chris? I'm guessing not?

Edit: Or anyway to download it in general? I can't see how on the page other than streaming.
Same same. I might try playing with an RTSP ripper or something and if you like, can PM you with a link.

Corto

Anyway to get the backer stuff on iTunes, Chris? I'm guessing not?

Check the source code of the page. ctrl+F for mp4 and copy paste that url on another tab and then you can "save as" the file of that page. ;)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

"No Spacejam news at the moment! Go back to the Space Jam home page to see more of the site!"

Planet B-Ball said:
If you like basketball, and you like to jam, go no further. Space Jam isn't just about Michael Jordan meeting the Looney Tunes -- it's about a slammin' jammin' game to keep the Looney Tunes out of a failed intergalactic theme park! Rounding out the cast are some of the biggest stars of the NBA, making their feature film debuts.

On topic, progress cast was as good as ever. Can't wait to hear more about Quake LANs, resedit, and computering in the 1990s.

Ha, I bet the Space Jam site has had more hits today now than in a longgg time.

Was a good listen. Good to have them back. I want them to retroactively talk about the games they've missed (Deus Ex: HR, Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc etc)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ha, I bet the Space Jam site has had more hits today now than in a longgg time.

Was a good listen. Good to have them back. I want them to retroactively talk about the games they've missed (Deus Ex: HR, Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc etc)

YES. I think Gaynor might have been the only one who played it, but he's scheduled to be an occasional guest so maybe the stars will align.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
They've passed the point where all counted pledges of $200 or more could vanish and they'd still have it backed. (The sum is $23K, you see)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is better for Avellone to quit sitting on his hands and start his Kickstart already. My wallet is almost depleted.

I had been paying attention to KS for a while before the DoubleFine thing, but since then I've been checking every day and I've donated to like 8 projects ahahha

Jinaar

Totally backed and listening to the new Progress Cast - part 1. It is like doing a good deed. What is this feeling I am having? It is love.

hamchan

I'm so happy that the goal was reached so quickly. Love this podcast so much, I think I'll listen to the whole back catalogue again. Also the book podcast sounds great for me since I'm a big reader.

Corto

Top Bottom