• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

Poooooooooooooooooooooooooolt! Ok as awesome as this tournament is 2am is my limit. Time for bed.

have more confidence :)

what a coincidence, LoL is USA v EU too. i thought the chant was for LoL

Nah i don't need to pretend SC2 is more popular than it is. I think that sums up one of the things that holds SC2 back a little bit. For whatever reason we just can't get to the point where foreigners are regularly competing to win big tournaments like this.

Regardless this tournament has been amazing and i remain somewhat positive about the scene (so long as i keep getting awesome tournaments i have no reason to worry).

SamuraiX-

I'm so glad Dear didn't get away with that greedy ass Oracle into third Nexus into double Forge. Screw that shit.

herO will be a true test for Polt. Looking at who's left, I think herO is actually the favorite to win this whole thing unless he faces sOs in the finals and then it's PvP so anything can happen. I don't think there's anyway jjakji can beat sOs. TaeJa needs to stop being emo and Life needs to play like he did in 2012 to have any sort of legitimate chance as well... although I was surprised to see him 3-1 Rogue.

Syf

Banned
Yeah, herO and sOs are both excellent players. I have loads of respect for every player remaining which is great. I'll be happy with any of them being the champion. Still, hoping for that Polt vs Life final.

SamuraiX-

Can Jak do this?

jjakji hasn't shown any good results against Korean Protoss as of late, with the exception of when he played against Dear at IEM Cologne... I could see sOs taking it 3-0.

Yeah, herO and sOs are both excellent players. I have loads of respect for every player remaining which is great. I'll be happy with any of them being the champion. Still, hoping for that Polt vs Life final.

Yeah, I'm surprised how happy I am with the lineup for the semifinals and quarterfinals so far... loving all the names and even the racial distribution! It was dumb that two of the only three Zergs in the tournament had to face each other in the Ro16 though.

SamuraiX-

First-person view of Polt's screen when he's playing TvP:

oOu9m3T.jpg

SamuraiX-

Zealot / Colossus / Carrier = new meta

I fucking love sOs. LOL

Edit: Artosis and ToD are absolutely nerding out over these Carriers right now. I'm loving it. lol

Arcticfox

I have not watched competitive Starcraft in over a year, but I saw this thread and decided to watch a few matches. All I have to say is that the last game was amazing. I love carriers.

SamuraiX-

Yeah, fuck Habitation Station as always. Way to easy for Protoss players to take the gold every time.

sOs optimized its brokenness with that build.

A map with a gold expo on the high ground within convenient distance of the natural. How the fuck is this in the official Season 1 map pool again?

Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.
Please no PVP finals.

Syf

Banned
That's true. Habitation Station should be out of the map pool. Gold base shouldn't be that easy to take (and hold) early on.

Please no PVP finals.
Think I'd actually be okay with herO vs sOs. Two of the most exciting Protoss players to watch. As PVPs go that one might not be too bad.

SamuraiX-

dat rematch hype

This one's gotta be going 5 games. Would love for either of them to make it but I'm pushing a little more for Life...

Aaron

Missed the matches sadly. Will watch VODs but for now Tanja vs Life! So hyped!!!
Same here. Was out all day, but I've come home in time for what should be the show stopper.

All I want is no more pvps. I don't even care if a protoss wins the whole thing.

SamuraiX-

Misclick of the tournament with that mass Baneling detonation..... Oh, Life lol

And then TaeJa thinks he's been gifted the game and decides not to split anymore. lolol

SamuraiX-

Insane Game 1... feel bad for Life. Terran just wins when it comes down to war of attrition + base-race scenario.

Game 2 on Frost Yeonsu should be equally fantastic.

SamuraiX-

The positions of Life's bases, where he tooked his 3rd, 4th and then 5th is actually brilliant. He's been able to easily defend them while putting constant pressure on TaeJa.

Edit: Life just accidentally detonated his Banelings again...................... lol at least it wasn't as many as before.

SamuraiX-

Life threw this game away by throwing away units without doing anything before BLs... Should have just powered up after denying TaeJa's 4th.

Well, if there's anybody who can backdoor sweep, it's Life.

LOL Life made a huge mistake by losing all those mutas and taking bad engages.

The biggest mistake was not using Infestors and switching to BLs so close to Taeja's army.

But man Taeja had godly micro.

SamuraiX-

Great engagements and flanks by Life in Game 3. TaeJa probably wishes he could do a cheesy build in the next game but with the map being Frost it's pretty much impossible.

The last Zerg hope has gotta at least bring this to Game 5!

Edit: Life takes a drink of water 4 minutes into Game 4... 0 fucks lol

SamuraiX-

Amazing Game 4.

Life would've won if he didn't throw away all those Lings/Banes/Roaches defending his main... if only he let TaeJa just walk in and waited for his Mutas to return. :-/

There is actually potential for a TvT final. I can't even believe it. lol

Top Bottom