• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If marijuana was legalized... would it affect your alcohol intake?

I prefer to smoke instead of drinking (i avoid drinking mostly) because I suffer from crippling anxiety, ptsd, and bi-polar disorder. Marijuana helps me function at a normal level and makes it so I actually can sleep + eat regularly. So legalizing it would help me greatly, tbh.

Not sure what that has to do with what i said other than supporting.

It goes both ways. I know loads if people who dont smoke pot here. Point is that in my experience it hasnt changed anyone's habbits.

If you wanted to smoke pot before it was legalized it wasnt stopping most people. And if you didnt want to smoke it, being legal didnt suddenly make you want to.

Just pointing out that there are some of us working Fed jobs where these state actions mean nothing to us if we want to keep our jobs. That said I'm actively looking for a non-government job (but I have a quite few more reasons for that).

Maybe? Was a fan in my late teens/early twenties, but kinda just dropped it after a while. Honestly, I just wish I could buy it for my girl (Multiple Sclerosis) because of her crippling pain. She's been sooo great this past week, for whatever reason, that when it hit again, all I could be is sad for her. Literally walked a total of 20 miles last week..hasn't happened in over a decade.

So yeah..I'd allow it in my home. Not likely I'd partake, tho. I'll tell you when we get there lol.

Maybe? Was a fan in my late teens/early twenties, but kinda just dropped it after a while. Honestly, I just wish I could buy it for my girl (Multiple Sclerosis) because of her crippling pain. She's been sooo great this past week, for whatever reason, that when it hit again, all I could be is sad for her. Literally walked a total of 20 miles last week..hasn't happened in over a decade.

So yeah..I'd allow it in my home. Not likely I'd partake, tho. I'll tell you when we get there lol.

My thoughts are with you both.

cress2000

It's legal here. It reduced my alcohol intake, although my alchohol intake wasn't high to begin with. If I do drink now, it's to crossfade (drink first, vape after) if I'm in the mood for an intense trip.

my alcohol intake severely dropped with my obtaining a medical card

I used alcohol to chill and pass out at night and weed is much better at that.. not fattening if you can control the munchies and you don't wake up feeling like shit

that said there are times when I do miss the feeling of being drunk but not everything else that goes with it

It'll be legal in Canada next year. I'll probably go from drinking once every few months to never honestly. I've only ever smoked while drunk though, so I hope I do like it on its own lol. I'd like to have something to cut the edge off, so I can be more relaxed and help with my anxiety outside of just medication.

I prefer to smoke instead of drinking (i avoid drinking mostly) because I suffer from crippling anxiety, ptsd, and bi-polar disorder. Marijuana helps me function at a normal level and makes it so I actually can sleep + eat regularly. So legalizing it would help me greatly, tbh.

Used correctly, weed is an incredible anxiolytic. imo, it can be as effective as anything else. Amazing that it's still not legal medicinally in so many places.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Marijuana IS basically legal where I live and if anything I drink more than I used to. My smoking has remained at a steady constant for about 15 years, regardless of where I buy it, and I don't see that changing next year.

Used correctly, weed is an incredible anxiolytic. imo, it can be as effective as anything else. Amazing that it's still not legal medicinally in so many places.

It cured my friend's crippling insomnia and his sleep apnea. He also lost a lot of weight. This is anecdotal but it definitely can treat some stuff.

Probably not. My alcohol intake is largely social in nature, and because I just like the flavor.

It would probably allow me to lessen my use of prescription and over the counter pain meds. I'd appreciate an alternate treatment to my chronic pain that's less damaging to the liver or gastrointestinal tract.

It cured my friend's crippling insomnia and his sleep apnea. He also lost a lot of weight. This is anecdotal but it definitely can treat some stuff.

That's awesome. I wish it helped with my insomnia. It'll keep me up for a while, so it's generally best if I do it earlier in the day.

zeemumu

It was and it doesn't. I don't smoke and I only drink at parties/with friends. Alcohol doesn't do anything for helping me deal with stress, kinda like how coffee doesn't keep me awake.

I only drink maybe once or twice a year so I doubt it.

Hell if marijuana is legalized I'd probably never even smoke again just go to edibles only.

No. I'd still drink as much.

I'd smoke much more though, while I was drinking. I only enjoy weed when I drink, otherwise I get all anxious. Couple weed with alcohol, and it's absolutely wonderful.

mr2xxx

Banned
It would decrease it but not by much because both drugs serve a purpose and alcohol is still my go to social lubricant.

Top Bottom