• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If marijuana was legalized... would it affect your alcohol intake?

I don't drink.

If marijuana became legal I'm not sure if I would smoke or not for health reasons.

Maybe just a little bit in my yearly vacation time.

Izayoi

Banned
It's legal here. I ate a ton of edibles when it first showed up in stores and such but since then my usage of both THC-infused products and alcohol has significantly decreased, almost to the point where I never do it unless it's within a social context.

It's a strange phenomenon...

adj_noun

I've got two legal recreational pot shops down the street from me. There's a bar not too far either.

I neither smoke the tobaccy nor drink the sauce.

I'm living someone else's dream.

Big Brett

I basically only drink 1-2 beers nowadays. Weed makes me much more sociable and makes me feel like myself. Legal here now. I wasn't ever a very heavy drinker, but when I started using pot my drinking slowed drastically.

Barzul

Something I've wondered with legalization, the people in jail for what will be now legal....what happens to them? What happened during Prohibition for example? I've tried searching for answers but couldn't find much.

KorrZ

I mean... It's not legal here yet but I still smoke far more often then I drink. So no I guess.

Something I've wondered with legalization, the people in jail for what will be now legal....what happens to them? What happened during Prohibition for example? I've tried searching for answers but couldn't find much.

Just because something is no longer illegal doesn't invalidate someone's past instance of breaking the law. At the time they were convicted they knowingly chose to break the law. Not that I agree with it but I can't imagine that not being the stance taken.

I regularly smoke but i still enjoy a tasty beer or bourbon from time to time in social situations or with a meal (wine).

And smoking isn't allowed in doors, so you can't replace alcohol with cannabis in every situation.

So no, I would probably drink and smoke the same. Because at this point its decriminalized anyway.

this guy gets it.

[i wanted to bold your whole post, so i refrained, but especially the no smoking indoors part]

Barzul

I mean... It's not legal here yet but I still smoke far more often then I drink. So no I guess.

Just because something is no longer illegal doesn't invalidate someone's past instance of breaking the law. At the time they were convicted they knowingly chose to break the law. Not that I agree with it but I can't imagine that not being the stance taken.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but we as a society determine what our laws are with the representatives we elect. Something can be done to reduce or wipe sentences retroactively. I'm curious as to what if any precedent there is for something like that I guess.

Top Bottom