• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If marijuana was legalized... would it affect your alcohol intake?

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I regularly smoke but i still enjoy a tasty beer or bourbon from time to time in social situations or with a meal (wine).

And smoking isn't allowed in doors, so you can't replace alcohol with cannabis in every situation.

So no, I would probably drink and smoke the same. Because at this point its decriminalized anyway.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I don't drink or smoke, so this will 0 affect on me.

big_z

marijuana has been easy access here for quite some time and it never had any impact on my alcohol intake. what had a huge impact was my interest in fitness. now I rarely drink save for the odd special occasion and even less so smoke. every time I do indulge in those activities it feels like I lose a few days worth of gains and its not worth it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Live in Colorado.

If I'm staying in weed is my go to. But i don't like being high out of the house. When out and about a few beers is the way to go. I hate being drunk, but a small buzz isn't a bad thing.

krang

Alcohol is just a much more interesting way to get off your face. So many beers, wines and cocktails.

Nah, I'm good.

Living in Japan I have often wondered about this. There is absolutely no safe way to experience weed here so all I am left with is getting drunk pretty often and it makes me fat..

Definitely wouldn't drink nearly as much as I normally do. Would still enjoy a beer or two but it would never be to get drunk again.

It's not legal here in the UK so the only time I've had it recently was a couple years ago in Amsterdam. If was made legal I'd definitely swap out drinking at home for it on a lot of occasions , but I'd still drink on a night out or at a party rather than smoke weed.

Well, i like the combination, actually.
If i had to choose, i'd choose hashish, But pure for myself. In a social setting drinking alcohol would be wiser.

the more drugs i do, the less i do of all of them [but i love to do them all at the same time].

but yeah, always preferred being high to drunk [depending on the scenario / circumstance].

but i'm not a dangerous drinker in the first place, and am definitely growing out of weed as i near my mid 30s.

Lowmelody

MåndagSöndag;244261113 said:
For the most part weed is anti social, introvert and often downer.

It would have no effect at all.

Weird, in my experience weed is the most social drug of all. It's everywhere, even here in MO where it's still illegal. Everyone be tokin everywhere I go. Smokin with a stranger you just met is like an instant bonding experience. lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My alcohol intake would remain the same, that is zero. My cannabis intake would also remain the same, that is infinity.

probably wouldnt affect it at all. they are totally different sensations and totally different substances. they go well together but one is certainly not a replacement for the other.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Colorado resident here

My weed tolerance has become incredibly high since it became legal, but I still get high when I smoke the good shit. Kinda feels like I drink now more than ever but it's definitely not an everyday thing. However I smoke bud daily, just not entire bowls of weed and shit. More like a 1 to 2 puff thing whenever I smoke by myself.

Weed seriously needs to be leagalized throughout the country already. I mean ffs we are trillions in debt. Country wide weed legalization would surely put a dent in our debt.

PulseONE

I stopped drinking when I started smoking

Of course weed is still illegal here so...if it WAS legal even moreso

These days I only drink if I can't smoke, or if I have to interact socially with strangers lol

norm9

Nah, you just have to make sure you don't drink too much before you smoke or else you get the spins and a date with the toilet.

I would probably drink more to either deal with OR keep up with the people smoking marijuana (or using edibles), you know, depending on company.

Daingurse

I already smoke marijuana on a daily basis, and it absolutely effected my alcohol intake. When I have weed I am strictly a casual drinker. Only time I drink to get drunk nowadays is when I don't have weed. The weed high is muuuuch better than being drunk IMO.

Marijuana is legal in my state. No, it hasn't. Drink about as much as I used to.

Don't really love smoking. I smoke once in a while, maybe once every few months.

A little bit. I can't smoke in my apartment, so I've taken to buying capsules which works out great; take them when I get home, get dinner, dog, cleaning responsibilities out of the way and it kicks in when I'm ready to settle down.

NJSlay

Banned
If it was allowed in public places, like bars, I would never drink. Weed is so much better than beer/liquor that it doesn't even make sense to me that drinking is as big as it is. Nothing like losing your motor skills, slurred speech, bad decision making/mood swings and a gnarly hangover the next day @ work. Great times.

And sex is like 100 million times better on weed, man.

nope because my booze intake is really really low.

I actually don't enjoy drinking, I just do it in social settings because fuckin' society

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
It would go down a lot. Weed from Colorado is easy to pick high quality stuff, much better high than alcohol.

andymcc

Banned
I already smoke marijuana on a daily basis, and it absolutely effected my alcohol intake. When I have weed I am strictly a casual drinker. Only time I drink to get drunk nowadays is when I don't have weed. The weed high is muuuuch better than being drunk IMO.

Same.

Spenny

I'm around weed 24/7 and I still enjoy beer quite often. Though I have drastically reduced my hard alcohol intake.

Top Bottom