• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(If you are) Why are you getting a PS4?

warthog

Because I loved my PS1, PS2 and PS3. I love Sony exclusives and think they got a good mix of standard games and wonderful games like Ico, little big planet, journey, ... The kind of games that will land on PS4 eventually also.
Indie support. PSN Plus is great.
Their hardware hasn't let me down once.

And I like they direction they are heading with the PS4. It's a no brainer for me.

Oh yeah, naughty dog...

-Price
-Sony's exclusives this gen kicked MS's asses in quality and quantity, with very few exceptions imo.
-PS+ is godlike.
-I don't own a Vita yet but PS4 will give me additional value should I choose to purchase one.
-Killzone, PS+ Driveclub, Resogun, and Infamous make up the better launch window for me.
-U.I. will be fucking nuts if what Sony showed at Gamescom is representative of the final product.
-Timed exclusivity for most independent games.
-Native Twitch. This was literally the only feature Xbone had that I wanted on PS4. Scratch that complaint.
-Better hardware on PS4 from what I've read. We'll have to see how that manifests.

I owned all three platforms but played the vast majority of titles on 360 this gen.

Satchel

Banned
- Price (the PS3 was $1000AU), the PS4 is almost half that, so no brainer
- Sony exclusives
- Might become my multiplat machine
- Big improvement in the DS controller
- Improved back end for downloads and updates which is great

As I said in the other thread though, I buy all consoles regardless.

Hyunashi

Because it will become the home of JRPGs (together with the WiiU which I plan to get).
Because I know their WWS wont die off and offer nothing by the middle to end part of its life-cycle
Because Sony like to push unique games.
Because Sony sticks to a vision rather than backtracking on what they believe in.
Because I like a games console focused primarily on games.
Because Kaz.

Thoraxes

Because it'll eventually have some Japanese games, I hope. Plus I prefer this controller, and hope that the PS4 and my Wii U will co-exist in my house.

Aspiring

Every gen I don't stay solid I go we're my heart feels. Than later pick up the other. In 2005 MS showed me the future and had passion and commitment. In 2013 Sony had this same drive and passion from everything to devs to consumers. Their love of Indie reminded me of 2005, which was the first real time that I was blown away, an it sold me right than.

Can't wait.

Goldenhen

I want to get the PS4 because I loved the diversity of games has offered on PS3 platform and knowing Sony will support the developers by giving them extra time and assistance to complete their games.

EDIT:
- More Japanese video games available.
- I can see great values on PS+
- I have PS Vita
- Australia is part of PAL/SCEE. Meaning Australia doesn't get left out from European deals. (I have this issue with Nintendo Australia.)
- Good price for launch console which is $549 (PS3 launch cost $1000)
- I can use all my PS3 accessories including the wheel on PS4. Except for arcade stick Madcatz again I think it's Madcatz fault.

The console and controller look awesome and I want it now. Don't even care if it doesn't come with a game.

That and Playstation hasn't let me down for three generations, but who cares about that.

For me it was always clear to purchase a PS4 even if the hardware situation would be the complete opposite. As weird as it sounds but I trust sony when it comes to games. They seem to have a better vision of what gamers want.

For the first time I'm gonna buy a Playstation console as a primary gaming device for these reasons :

- More powerful than XBone
- None of the launch exclusives games of XBOne or PS4 console interests me
- I'm only interested in playing AC4 and WatchDogs and the PS4 versions includes more content (1H of exclusive gameplay)
- Playing these two games will cost less for me on PS4
- I won't forget what Microsoft tried to do on this new gen with their shitty DRM Policies
- I'll get games on my PS4, PS3 and PSVita with only one PSN+ subscription

MY PC is nearing retirement.

And I want a cheap option to for the next 3-4 years till I do buy a new PC and rag my current one into the ground for the few upcoming PC Only games that I do want to play.

My belief that PS will deliver better long term bang for buck in hardware and software (based off exclusives in latter year of PS360 life cycle)

PS+ (means I don't have to buy many games I hope) - and can rent games for others.

Price

PS console historically delivers a wider variety of games to the Xbox

JRPGS

They respect the gamer

televator

-Sony Exclusives are right up my alley.
-It's a Sexy machine.
-It's a damn good launch price.
-Indies have been piquing my interest with the resurgence of Metroidvania and good narrative and they are all over the PS4.

Kromis1

Mainly for exclusives (read: God of War); I have a friend who is a hardcore Playstation fan so I can borrow his games when he's done.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
- Price
- Sony exclusive first party games
- Sony's World Wide Studios
- Experimental games like Journey, Flower are awesome.
- Best console tech and in house engines
- Indie games
- PSN titels
- Vita remote play feature, tablet and smarthphone support
- PSN+
- HDD replacement
- Sony Online Entertainment
- Share button
- Record, streaming, and spectating mode
- Also third party games!
- Dual Shock 4
- PlayStation brand

I'm getting one for Sony's first-party exclusives and third-party console exclusives. Japan are still not putting out PC ports for everything and until they do I'm going to need a next-gen console.

Jay-T

- More powerful hardware and probably easier to take advantage of, this time it seems to true, unlike EE/CELL

- It will probably have more Japanese support than XBO or WiiU

- They finally got rid of the old DS design and improved the triggers, while i still vastly prefer asymmetric sticks, the new DS seems like a winner.

- Sony's strategy and policies when it comes to core games is much better than it's competitors.

- PS+ (if it continues to offer discounts and free games) is an amazing value, and a great incentive to own the console.

ChryZ

... because I trust Mark Cerny and Shuhei Yoshida, well and these things:

- 1st/2nd party games
- best console hardware for a great price
- no enforced gimmicks that I don't care for
- indie support that echos into future PC releases
- sound and unwavering vision of the platform
- priority of being a gaming console
- the new controller looks ace

-Price
-Sony's exclusives this gen kicked MS's asses in quality and quantity, with very few exceptions imo.
-PS+ is godlike.
-Killzone, PS+ Driveclub, and Infamous make up the better launch window for me.
-U.I. will be fucking nuts if what Sony showed at Gamescom is representative of the final product.
-Timed exclusivity for most independent games.
-Better hardware on PS4 from what I've read. We'll have to see how that manifests.
For those reasons listed by this poster and because I love most Sony exclusives. Getting to play games like: Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts Knack Need for Speed: Rivals Watch Dogs Blacklight: Retribution
Minecraft Planetside 2 Warframe Pretty much seal the deal for me. I've been late to party with PS1, PS2 and PS3 gens and have kicked myself for missing out on a lot of really good games. I flat-out refuse to let that happen this time around. :)

user1337

Other than the Launch games been surrounded by the Sony ecosystem since PS1 days and as a result the first party games have a soft spot in my heart lol.

Other than that, I just like the directions they have taken with the system in general.

Essentially...its cause of Nauty Dog... :-/

I trust that over time it'll have lots of quality games I want to play (a good portion of those being exclusives).

However, even though I've already decided I want one, I will not be buying one at launch.

chico

- fastest hardware
- awesome first party games until the end of the cycle
- naughty dog
- it still supports my 350€ Fanatec wheel
- no mandatory camera

Top Bottom