• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(If you are) Why are you getting a PS4?

Freki

• Sony as well as console exlcusives in general - for everything else I'll use my PC :-D
  • Shiny new toy factor ^^ - tbh that's the reason I am getting it on launch day, otherwise I'd at least wait until infamous is released...

Jay Sosa

Simply put: So far SONY has done everything right..and by everything I mean everything.

When the only complaint I can come up with is that the blue controller LED could be somewhat annoying..well, then they really did a great job.

Not that I'm entirely convinced that everything will be as great as they make it sound.

But compared to the clusterfuck that was the PS3 (imho) they really did an impressive job making me want to buy a PS4 (If I buy a next gen console)

Wubby

The big 2:
-Gran Turismo
-Torne/Nasne support

Other reasons:
-Replaceable hard drive
-No forced camera purchase
-Future Gundam games
-Colony Wars (I can dream right?)
-Sleek hardware design

Sinthor

Gold Member
I will be buying one because of the power, the functionality and mostly because I feel like Sony has most of the exclusive games I will want to play.

AwShucks

I'll be getting it eventually and likely within the first year to play things like infamous and transistor so why not just get it at launch?

GenericUser

more power then the xbone
more interest in sony exclusives
price
sony did not try to ruin my hobby by coming up with stupid drm restrictions

driver116

ibm9MltHz7Btww.JPG

Why?

Great hardware. Amazing potential. Excellent value in PS+. All my games are mine and I don't have to worry about used games down the road.

So why are you picking up Sony's next console?

Two caveats:

1. Don't mention price.
2. Don't mention negatives about any other platform.

Just give me the positives of the PS4.

Full disclosure: I am getting an Xbox One day 1 and have no interest in the PS4 but want to hear the positives about it from those who are getting it.

Netflix isn't behind a pay wall.

Sony has Tier 1 first party studios.

hUMA.

GDDR5.

Vita remote play.

It seems like it will have the best multiplatform game versions of this generation (given what we know of the specs)

I like the value of PS+

I prefer their UI (from what has been shown)

I trust in Sony keeping focused on gamers first

Lunchbox

Banned
eventually when naughty dogs game is out. launch lineup doesn't warrant a day one

that's when I bought a ps3 as well (uncharted) didn't want/need one before that

NotSaladin

Neo Member
- best console hardware
- slick design
- DS4
- established and proven first party devs
- proven new and existing IP's (exclusives)
- PS+
- based on my previous experience - reliable
- vita compatability
- indie backing
- vision

Qassim

I have to be in at launch for next gen consoles, but both the PS4 and the Xbox One have pretty poor launch lineups in terms of exclusives (I play multiplatform games on PC) - so getting the Xbox One (+PS4) should hopefully make it seem there are at least some decent console exclusive games to play.

s/Xbox One/PS4

(Also Sony have served me 100x better this generation on the PS3 vs the 360, so I was always going to get a PS4).

Top Bottom