• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you didn't buy a Wii U, what will the NX have to have for you to consider it?

Since they're already working on a proper account system (people seem to forget that this was announced along with Nintendo developing mobile games) my biggest wish for the NX would be for it to have no region lock.

Second biggest wish would be for it to be at least as powerful as the PS4.

The launch price tag should also be at the same level of what a PS4 costs at whatever time the NX gets released.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I don't think you're going to get third parties, no matter the specs.

By third parties, I mean the GTA games, or the Battlefield games. You'll still get the third party games made specifically for the wiiu.

Multiplat I should say.

No third parties would mean zero interest from me.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I dont know. The sad fact is that nintendo games arent what they used to be. 20 years ago, they were the standard of the gaming world. Not anymore.

Im a typical example of a user in his 30s who isnt excited for Mario or Zelda. Partially because i remember clearly when those names guaranteed a game that stood tall over most everything else in the market. Now, you are just as likely to get a twilight princess (dissapointing) as a Mario galaxy (excellent, in fact) but i never expect to see another mario 64 (distinctly breathtaking) out of nintendo.

What they need is to have the best games again. Easier said then done.

Personally, I'm glad their forced quirkiness and alleged whimsy aren't the standard anymore. Gaming has so much more to offer these days. There's no shame in being a successful niche product.

Warablo

Cheap price and exclusives. I havent owned a Nintendo console since the N64. Also only had a Nintendo DS.

More titles like splatoon!! I fall in love with game more and more with every update...soon I will take the plunge, just waiting on E3 before I do!!

Roshin

Proper account system, a normal controller, and decent specs.

Do I believe Nintendo will actually deliver on this? Fuck no.

proper Wii U BC
A fair price for what the hardware is.

I intend to get a wii u soon (as it now has a great library of games) so I'd rather get that than a new console if the new one isn't fully BC

An evolution on the gamepad would be welcome too (2 more buttons, a higher res screen, low persistence VA panel if I'm allowed to dream)

Has to be able to compete with Live and PSN.
Comparable or better specs than the competition.
Conventional peripheral input - don't make me look away from my screen and don't make me shake things.
Better 3rd party support.
Stop pumping out the same IPs. Not that they are bad but i think they are tired. I would love to see Nintendo take some meaningful chances in game development.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
For me personally, I just want a regular controller, that I can hold in my hand. Similar to the GameCube controller, but updated, or just make the pro controller the de facto one. Zelda should be out within the first two years and Fire Emblem as well. Intresting games like Metroid Prime, Lugi's Mansion and Paper Mario.

Rolf NB

Accounts with no hardware ties.
Buttons and sticks.
Decent ergonomics.
Better storage options (internal HDD bay preferred).

Substantial first party line up (4+ games), free and organised online play with VOIP, a few interesting third party titles/multiplats and a fairly low price (<£350).

It sounds like I'm asking a lot, but all of the above should the standard in my eyes :|

Top Bottom