• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you lived in a traditional JRPG town, what would you do?

coldvein

Banned
i would hang out at the bar buying drinks for Toma the worlds greatest explorer all day, get shitfaced, wake up the next day and buy a Mid Ether to cure my hangover. every day.

BitchTits

I'd stand in the town square day and night saying nothing but "I'm too busy to talk now, have you been to see the King yet, he was asking for you".

webrunner

Check name of town

If it's something like "Ruin" or "Doomdia" or "Jericho" or if a spikey-haired young swordsman lives here, MOVE.

Xenon

dream said:
This is one step away from "hey if you were Sonic and you were gay, would you fuck Knuckles or Tails?"

Without a doubt Tails. Have you every seen a Enchida?

Enter people's houses without any invitation, investigate every nook, crane, talk to everybody in the house and then leave after taking Apple (6)

Rpgmonkey

Kill everyone, sparing a 5 year-old child so that he can grow into a wise and responsible 13 year-old capable of engaging me in battle.

ScOULaris

It's interesting how some people would just assume the role of an existing NPC or hero within the town while others would choose to capitalize on their knowledge of that universe's limitations in order to make money or score chicks.

I can't decide which would be cooler. :lol

Demigod Mac

Boast to everyone how at one fleeting moment, our world's hero was my slave bitch. I held his first weapon hostage until he herded my sheep into their pen. Gotta make sure that bit is included in his legend 500 years from now.

Steroyd

Ask the shop keeper why the fuck are you selling a rusty sword when there a giant mythril battle axe and armour behind you.

Then proceed to steal from the shop at night where there is nobody out, and install some mythril locks.

Stand guard in front in a chest in a suspiciously dark corner of town. The first time you talk to me my dialogue will be
"Scram, kids."
Talk to me again
"I said go away!"
Talk to me again
"Here, go buy a lolipop"
Recieve 50g! Talk again
"You're still here?"
Talk again.
"Alright, now you're pissing me off!"
BATTLE!

Inside the chest is some ring that gives you +2 speed or someshit.

Meesh

I'd be the mysterious glitched npc *ooooooh-aaaaaaah* thrust into a satanic conniption fit I could be found hanging out at the end of long lineups, standing in corners or trapped behind signs(bad omen)...

Mysterious Glitch, the NPC

2San

Steroyd said:
Ask the shop keeper why the fuck are you selling a rusty sword when there a giant mythril battle axe and armour behind you.

Then proceed to steal from the shop at night where there is nobody out, and install some mythril locks.
Shop keeper never sleeps though...NEVER!

I'd stand in a windmill and jerk off play strange instruments all day.

Windmill_Guy____No_text_by_SugaSuga42.gif

Suairyu

Banned
BocoDragon said:
I'd run the suspiciously 'free' inn, and then when adventurers are sleeping, I'd steal their gold pieces.
Playing the GBA version, I four times went into that inn. Twice with no money because I knew what was supposed to happen, and twice with all my money. Not once was a single gold piece taken. I suspect the GBA version was just broken that way.

Wazzim

Banned
BocoDragon said:
I'd run the suspiciously 'free' inn, and then when adventurers are sleeping, I'd steal their gold pieces.
Ahhh...FFVI! I really believed it was free at first :lol

I'd walk through town and look for a person that actually waits for you to bring up the subject instead of starting to rant about the lack of autosave.

Haunted

dream said:
This is one step away from "hey if you were Sonic and you were gay, would you fuck Knuckles or Tails?"
I usually agree, but it's a pretty good setup for some one-liners.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Talk to everyone until they started repeating themselves.

Suairyu

Banned
Wazzim said:
Ahhh...FFVI! I really believed it was free at first :lol
OH SHIT WHAT I was talking about Breath of Fire... you mean to tell me some cocksucker innkeeper has been stealing my money in FFVI? Goddamnit!

I'd politely ask the hero if they'd do a quest for me, but if they refuse I'll just repeat the question over and over again until they say yes.

Top Bottom