• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you lived in a traditional JRPG town, what would you do?

I'd wake up in the same bed with my same wife at the same time to the same breakfast every day of the week, get dressed in the same uniform I have worn every day of every year since I can remember, then travel the same route to work where I guard the important strategic military asset by walking the exact same route over and over again until the nameless guy I see everyday comes to replace me.

tiff

Banned
Freshmaker said:
You'd reconsider when you realized that's the only money you'll ever make.
Someone hasn't played Recettear, the game where wives send their husbands to the store to buy battle axes.

X26

Banned
Freshmaker said:
You'd reconsider when you realized that's the only money you'll ever make.

the goodwill I have established with the heroes means I'll be set for life, I'll be swimming in gil

I'd stand in a particularly crucial area, most likely the town entrance, and demand that anyone wanting to pass either pays me an extraordinary amount of money or completes a series of meaningless and increasingly difficult tasks for no reason what-so-ever.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
If I found myself one day reborn at a JRPG town, I will kill myself if one of those doesn't following before I hit age of 16:

1) Parent got murder
2) Childhood friend got kidnap
3) Lost my memory
4) Found a legendary weapon
5) Random mystery girl drop down from the sky
6) Found a gigantic robot
7) Have spiky hair

It is a JRPG for godsake, we all know you have no future if your older than age of 16 and nothing crazy yet to happen.

May be I will join the evil wizard side and beg them to transform me into a giant monster with tentacles, I will eventually got slay, but everyone will thank me for the awesome CG.

Speevy

Banned
You forgot "Meet a magical angel who is the chosen one to bring peace to the world." unless that's what you mean by #5.

Mudkips

Banned
Endlessly fuck my wife to create an army of children who force adventurers to play hide and seek three fucking times. Then I take off on an "adventure", and never come back. presumed dead, you are left to console my family by returning a sword or hat or some such that I left behind on my way to seek out a new wife to start the cycle over.

snack

Mudkips said:
Endlessly fuck my wife to create an army of children who force adventurers to play hide and seek three fucking times. Then I take off on an "adventure", and never come back. presumed dead, you are left to console my family by returning a sword or hat or some such that I left behind on my way to seek out a new wife to start the cycle over.
I like this!

theta11

Level up to level 99 on random critters around the outskirts of town then 1 shot unsuspecting heroes he keep robbing my treasure chest where I store my 1 potion.

BosSin

I would be an NPC that gave a extremely long speech based on trivial advice, this would then tempt the main character to just keep saying 'yes' which would result in him/her accidentally answering yes to the question "Would you like to hear that again?"

Speevy said:
Most RPGs don't have food, only herbs and potions, so you'd be dead from malnutrition pretty quickly.

Maybe if he's lucky he'll end up in a Tales game.

Unfortunately he'll have to kill something before he's able to cook.

tumblr_kwo071qoWY1qz7wfjo1_500.jpg

shuri

Banned
I'll be the best stairway builder in the world, with the most pristine typical 'stak stak stak' 8 bit sound effect you'll ever experience by using my stairs. It does not matter if you are a half naked elf, or a knight wearing dragoon armor, no matter who you are, you will always make the same 'stak stak stak' sound whenever you'll use my stairs; yes my friends the same sound effect used in every NES jrpg is back!

Available now for any type of house, castle, dungeons, even available for airships.

Stak stak stak!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd own every house so I'll be renting/leasing them out.
And Hosting fighting tournaments. Participants would have to randomly wear different outfits that they have no input in.

TrutaS

I'd be woken up by my mom, and gone to the Millennial Fair.

Best, most magical day of my life, that would be.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd kill monsters for money and trick the naive magic girl that loves me( but thinks I'm oblivious to her feelings) into having sex with me.

The guy at the bar who has some ridiculous minigame that requires you to reload your save multiple times before you win something worthwhile. I also have identical cousins in other towns or something.

I would be the Lord of Wellington, the be-all end-all town for all your well needs.

There would be wells for throwing loose change in, wells with goodies at the bottom, wells with horrible puns( "Are you well today? I certainly am."), and wells, wells, WELLS as far as the eye can see.

Then when some asshole hero pisses off the villain and he destroys Wellington, I will cough out my last words to lead the hero to his next goal before I die and...turn into a well.

Actually fuck it, I'd just be the dick who randomly gets in the way of the party in narrow corridors(You could say I'm cock-blocking them...sorry I have to have my horrible puns).

Scenester

I would be the typical jrpg horndog, hit on all the babes and hang out at the tavern, playing whatever weird card-game they played in that world

Say the same thing to everyone else, every single day of my life, which is actually an eternity of mild, mid-spring days where the sun always shines as I stand stoically in one spot, an emotionless, unthinking, unfeeling, unloved statue. My own personal purgatory.

I'd kill people and charge their friends absurd amounts of gil/manna for phoenix downs...
That or hoard all the phoenix downs and claim to be a prophet because of my healing abilities..

I'd be the weapon shop guy in Town #2 who sells that appealing sword the party will find a duplicate of at the bottom of the next dungeon it comes across.

Ondore

Vinci said:
Hell yeah, we got this.

EDIT: Actually, there should be an entire town in a JRPG that does everything in its power just to screw with the heroes. I would so love that.

Fimbulvetr said:
Touche. :lol
Even better would be finding out and fighting the whole town.

Sounds like you guys need to take a trip to fabulous Zozo!

As for me, probably just sit in a cabin and say something about being error.

geeko

Kill the person who came in my house and decided it was ok to search through my stuff and take my gold and sword.

Top Bottom