• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: How to Solve Xbox One’s Indie Problem

Is there a list of Indie games that aren't coming to XB1? That site mostly list AAAs from what I've seen. I'm just interested in a breakdown. A 2/3 lead in upcoming games is a pretty big gap though. It doesn't seem like they have made any progress.
I'm not sure how up to date this is but chubigans made a really good thread about it a while ago.

47 new PS4 games revealed since September, and NONE of them were announced for XB1.

The last thing Xbox needs to focus on is shitty kiddie indie games.

They need to focus on funding big boy games with good gameplay and Quantam Break with it's tv show bullshit wont cut it.
Excuse me?

MS has some fantastic indie games coming out that i never expected them to get like

A Ghost tale
iba20EHZXY6oKU.gif

and Ashen <---this one especially thought it would be a ps4 type of deal.
CluelessSecondCero.gif

and they have that smash brothers indie game coming out to that looks fantastic
zetterburn_gameplay1.gif

When was Ashen confirmed as coming to X1?

jholmes

The problem was Microsoft replaced policies that indie developers perceived as bad and replaced them with policies that appear fair but actually are worse for the developers. XBLA definitely ghettoized indie games, but now they've got nearly no presence. Meanwhile releasing games on any day of the week might sound like a good thing, but in reality people want to go on and see what's new, and know when it's going to hit. (It's funny how we're going backwards on that point as downloadable games become more important, but there it is.) Meanwhile the parity clause isn't helping with mindshare.

Microsoft pioneered the space so they can certainly get back in the game, but I don't think they're all that interested in the idea, honestly.

The indie gap will never be closed. Sony has the most popular platform and unless something happens to substantially shift the market, it will stay that way.

I have to disagree with you there. The Vita's getting murdered by the 3DS in any category you can name and yet it's the much better indie platform. Part of that is Unity of course, but part of that is cultivation.

Head.spawn

To be honest, what I really want are the big budget games. Well, not really at all, Is Ori and The Blind Forest an indie?

A good game is a good game. Personally, that's what I like seeing more of.

Whether they are "indie" or not is pretty much irrelevant.

nampad

Unless they pump money in it, there is no way they can get back the lead in the indie market this gen except when Sony fucks up.

They can slow down the way they are trailing though if they finally get rid of that horrendous parity clause.

Top Bottom