• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Leaks: Guild Wars 2 core game going f2p, raids being added

Morokh

I never see Guild Wars 2 fans going to Trinity based MMO threads to complain about its combat just because it's not like Guild Wars 2.

Why is it that the opposite always happens?

I'm just doing a drive by post to state that Dry Top sucks.

It's alright, certainty better then Southshore. Silverwastes, however, is pretty amazing overall.

I wish more zones had good zone wide meta stuff going on like SW does.

So my whole hope entering this thread is that they finally caved in and built out the trinity system, but it sounds like they sure haven't. I loved what I played of GW2, but the dungeons were the least fun I've ever had in an MMO, and that's usually what keeps me hooked on a game. What a shame.

I've been playing since day 1, and i've yet to even do all of them. Honestly, I spend more time just leveling alts, or doing various world events. Only WvWvW once, and never have done structured PVP.

One of the things I really do like about the game is there is no one progression path. In something like wow, you basically have to do open world PVE, then dungeons, then raids to get to the good stuff end game. In GW2, you can do pretty much anything, and still end up with viable end game style gear.

KiteGr

Heart of Thorns Expansion releasing October 23rd.

A bit early if you ask me.
While it's a good time baren from other MMO releases I still have this crippling fear that the game won't have enough new areas, and I think that A-net things so as well. I would rather have them delay it a few more months and guaranty me that we won't have another "Zaitan Fight"...

I never see Guild Wars 2 fans going to Trinity based MMO threads to complain about its combat just because it's not like Guild Wars 2.

Why is it that the opposite always happens?

Players don't understand their class in GW2, I made a Thief OMG the dps is great, join a dungeon and get pwned, then cry the game sucks, while GW2 doesn't have a trinity system, Thieves have roles and help your team skip battles and shorten the dungeon, but these players never took the time to learn their class, every class in GW2 have roles that make every dungeon path easier...

Top Bottom