• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
:lol :lol

Doesn't any game get better the longer it's in development?

It won't be AAAAAAA like Red Steel. PS3 ownerX don't get to experience OUR THE AAAAA Red Steel, so your analogies are lost on OUR THE ps3 owners.

Dante

Considering the e3 demo was quite good, I think comparing it to Red Steel is quite laughable as well.

Zenith

Banned
Dante said:
It's not a troll comment.
I'm just saying that theres a strong possibility that it will dissapoint.
Red Steel was a high profile game that promised an amazing experience, however it barely delivered on this promise. In other words, it was a let down considering the hype.

Warhawk can very well be on the same path.

Is there actually someone on this board that will argue the possibility of another over hyped game?

I'm still ITCHING for a reason to buy a ps3. Lets hope (for sony's sake) that this game is actually good. I'm just not going to get let down again.

"So is it better or worse? Hot or not?"

"IGN: It's better than the E3 version was for sure."

that's hardly definitive. it's not like IGN is going to say "nah, it's really not that good. don't even bother clicking the article come Friday". the whole point of those comments they've posted is to hype their exclusive.

I would really love to see detail on the weapons, planes, ground vehicles, match types for multiplayer, and a goddamn story behind the single-player campaign...

In short, ask Insomniac for help!!

teiresias

considering the amount of people trying to say the game was getting cancelled, sucked, and was in some unusual style of development hell (not to say there haven't been development issues), one would think, if judging by their comments, that the game had been reduced to one level that was only 1x1 mile big using gourad shaded polygons with the amount of geometry pushed by the first Starfox.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Holy crap, IGN announced they'll be showing what's "next for Resistance" tomorrow as well.

I CANT TAKE THIS MUCH PS3 NEWS!

gardenhire0720.jpg

Sullichin

LukeSmith said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG I AM HOPING

Isn't your avatar supposed to be animated? It's not anymore and it's bothering me :(

Having this as a PSN game would be really cool -- it would help separate PSN from XBLA and VC, both of which offer nothing like this.

Reave

Sullichin said:
Isn't your avatar supposed to be animated? It's not anymore and it's bothering me :(

Having this as a PSN game would be really cool -- it would help separate PSN from XBLA and VC, both of which offer nothing like this.
It's still animated.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Reading the thread on the IGN boards, it doesn't really sound like we'll be seeing new media until tuesday. It sounds like they'll probably just be talking about their visit to Incog's studios tomorrow.

bud

Y2Kevbug11 said:
It won't be AAAAAAA like Red Steel. PS3 ownerX don't get to experience OUR THE AAAAA Red Steel, so your analogies are lost on OUR THE ps3 owners.

Pazuzu

Banned
Insert obligitory Duke Nukem Forever joke.

But to stay on topic, I'm excited for Warhawk. And I think (if true) it's cool Sony decided to go the PSN route. If it was getting too ambitious, just cut out the crap that doesn't work, and release the game as is. I can think of a few recent games that could've benefitted from this treatment.

If this were PSN-only and properly priced ($20-30), I'd definitely buy and probably enjoy this. Proper single-player content (story, etc.) would be nice, though... I'm not so sure the PSN is up to something like this, although Sony has a while to get it together.

All I want is a 1080p Ace Combat. C'mon, Namco, give it to me. Please.

I hope 1UP has some HD video of this too, 'cuz I'm not an Insider. :(

jakster4u

Warhawk better be good or they wasted another good IP. This game is gonna turn into Dukem Nukem Forever :lol if they don't hurry it up.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
jakster4u said:
Warhawk better be good or they wasted another good IP. This game is gonna turn into Dukem Nukem Forever :lol if they don't hurry it up.

This game would have to be in development ALOT longer to turn in to something even close to DNF.

Top Bottom