• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

Wollan

This game looks like it's geared for just rock solid entertainment. Runs smooth as hell, dedicated servers for no lag, lots of modes, great hud system and so forth. Funny how fast a game can get to the top of your most wanted list. :D

kevm3

Looks a lot better than it used to... Thank goodness they got rid of that ugly color palette.

I would've loved for there to have been a great single player, but it'll be really interesting seeing how a game 100% focused on multiplayer will turn out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OH SHIT!!!

I see BUDDYC!!!

buddyc.jpg

Mrbob

I was pissed at first at no single player, but then I listened to some of the gameplay modes and the mixed air and ground combat is still in and looks awesome.

And dedicated servers again to boot.

MS GET THE ****ING MEMO PLZ K THX.

16 and under players is so last gen. Oh wait I gotta limit i to 8 because games are only peer to peer.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Goreomedy said:
Is it just me, or does it seem the Warhawk controls better in this video? Much faster turns and loops.

yeah. seems so to me as well. They probably narrowed the "lag window" they had in place at E3/TGS

Amir0x

Banned
best looking downloadable game ever! Wonder how it's priced... man, Warhawk was such a huge thing to me when it was revealed. The PSX game was the shit, all this has to do is recapture that feeling but in the insane multiplayer mode and again... that kidney in me, gotta go.

BuddyC tells me to tell you all for him that it is the best game ever made and is worth $1200 dollars, not just the $600 you need for a PS3. (
Also, I like Fruit Punch
)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I miss single player, but the game looks SO improved...clearly this was good for the project.

Wollan

CurseoftheGods said:
Maybe they'll release it as an add-on pack?

They say in the stream that it wasn't up to par so they dropped it and went full steam ahead with MP only.

God dammit, the PSN servers are going to kneel when this gets released.

careksims

Despite no single I will still get this one. First Flow, then Tekken DR, and now Warhawk! PSN is beginning to kick ass.

Amir0x

Banned
Looks like BuddyC's team got their ass kicked, but at least BuddyC was one of the top of his team points-wise, though he still got slaughterized. He had a worthless team, though:

buddyckickeder3.jpg

Mrbob

I'm glad I'm paying MS 50 dollars a year for a glorified friends list.

Sony exposing Xbox Live one game at a time.

Pimpwerx

Damn! I too am pissed about no single player. It sounded at first like the guy was making a shitty excuse for not putting it in there, but he was fairly honest at the end. Single player was gonna be shit. Better to focus on what good is left before ditching the flaming wreck. What's left looks pretty good. The graphics are good. Not as awe-inspiring as those damn clouds should have allowed, but certainly one of the nicest-looking titles for a sandbox game like this.

This game looks and sounds like a more arcadey Battlefield with real air combat. Air combat in BF2 was cumbersome and tedious. Ground support was good, but attacking other aircraft wasn't so fun. Since this game starts as a flight game, the broken mechanics in BF2 will naturally be solved. Now it's a matter of seeing how they balance the ground game now that flying will play a strong role.

I wish the environments were destructible. I know it's asking for much, but that is my dream of next-gen. Customizable characters will make this really ****ing cool. I can't wait to hear how it plays. PEACE.

As much as I want the single player, that looks shit-hot!

I wonder though...think this could be a means to allow them time to revamp a work-in-progress SP game? If not, oh well...hella fun to be had either way! :)

Surreal

I hoped for single player too, but I'm happy Incog admitted to themselves it was crap and decided to make the best game they could even if it means multi only. I'm cool if it's solid multiplayer, especially if it's at a decent price.

edit; is the GDC Warhawk demo we heard about more feasible now?

only 1 hour and 40 minutes until the high quality video downloads from IGN

I was actually looking forward to the multiplayer in Warhawk more than the single player, I had the same feeling about Crimson Skies

Peers

Top Bottom