• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You can see the man himself at the beginning when they first show the people playing the game, just look for beard in the back.

Andy787

Banned
Amir0x said:
Looks like BuddyC's team got their ass kicked, but at least BuddyC was one of the top of his team points-wise, though he still got slaughterized. He had a worthless team, though:

buddyckickeder3.jpg
I can't blame him. You just don't **** with GHOST_RIDER.

Anyway, I'm glad they shifted the focus to multi-only. Looks like it has allowed them to significantly tighten up the control and handling of the Warhawk and vehicles, and the visuals are much improved.

Mrbob

I'm totally buying this game to support the awesomeness of hosting dedicated servers for your community!!!

Oh and because the game looks really fun to play online. :)

Summary for 56k-ers and late entry:

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.
- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.
- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.
- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...
- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization
- Dedicated Servers
- Will feature alot of Downloadable content: expect Expansion Packs, New Maps, Weapons, Vehicles and character skins.
- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...
- ALOT of Rewards and Medals that will keep the replay value alive and kicking.
- Voice IP Support.

mikeGFG

Banned
Looks awesome, and I hope this little 'development shift' to PSN works out well for Warhawk.

If this game suceeds, then maybe publishers will stop the horrendous Q*Bert and Scramble shit that pollutes PSN and XBLA (though the situation is obviously much, much worse on Live Arcade).

Warhawk going PSN Downloadable is great news because it makes it sound a like a faster paced short game that is excellent news to me

f@luS

More than a member.
this looks amazing.
Map are so big! soooo big!

Crap , sony is giving me some crazy things since few days

I said wow! I am sorry that I ever doubted you Warhawk, because now you are back and looking better than ever. Everything about this looks great, the aerial and groud vehicles, as well as the on foot parts. Killer app=CONFIRMED.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mrbob said:
I'm glad I'm paying MS 50 dollars a year for a glorified friends list.

Sony exposing Xbox Live one game at a time.

Normally when you say comments like this, I normally disregard it as like, it's that time of the month again for him. This is actually the first comment you've made of this nature that actually has merit. Microsoft needs to pick up the pace because this is starting to look a bit bad on their behalf.

Mike G.E.D. said:
If this game suceeds, then maybe publishers will stop the horrendous Q*Bert and Scramble shit that pollutes PSN and XBLA. (Though the situation is obviously much, much worse on Live Arcade)

I'm more hoping it convinces MS to invest in some dedicated servers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
shagg_187 said:
Summary for 56k-ers and late entry:

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.
- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.
- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.
- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...
- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization
- Dedicated Servers
- Will feature alot of Downloadable content
- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...
man 30 dollars would be perfect for that, anything less than 30 and its a ****ing steal.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I hope MS has some studios work on a downloadable game of this calibur. I love me some XBLA (Alien Hominid HD FTW!) But this looks so much more impressive to me.

painey

I've never played Warhawk but no single player is a kick in the nuts, but the game does look fun. If its priced cheaply I would buy it though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
darkressurection said:
I hope MS has some studios work on a downloadable game of this calibur. I love me some XBLA (Alien Hominid HD FTW!) But this looks so much more impressive to me.

The nature of how the game is delivered is negligible in this case, it's the fact that things like dedicated servers over free networks are becoming increasingly apparent. MS needs to get on the ball.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Agent Icebeezy said:
The nature of how the game is delivered is negligible in this case, it's the fact that things like dedicated servers over free networks are becoming increasingly apparent. MS needs to get on the ball.

Somewhere Sea Manky is cackling like a madman.

It looks fantastic, hopefully the pricing will also be a perfect match. Like everybody else, I think $30 is the magic number. But I'll put out $40 if they want to charge that much. It looks great and hopefully I'll be there on day one.

mikeGFG

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:

Well the way it was explained, I assume one can set up their Playstation to act as a dedicated server. I don't know Sony will be hosting anything themselves.

But yes, dedicated servers are nice.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I generally don't do online gaming but Warhawk seemed fun.

Also the spectator mode/betting aspect of Juiced seemed interesting.

Agent Icebeezy said:
It saddens me that of course Halo 3 will have dedicated but not some other games that could really benefit from it. Well anyway good job Sony you didn't f*** up Warhawk, pats on the back for everyone!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah I like the dedicated servers part too. If it's $20 I'm buying it within the first minute.

Wollan

Mike G.E.D. said:
Well the way it was explained, I assume one can set up their Playstation to act as a dedicated server. I don't know Sony will be hosting anything themselves.

They said that they will put up over a hundred dedicated servers.

BuddyC

Amir0x said:
Looks like BuddyC's team got their ass kicked, but at least BuddyC was one of the top of his team points-wise, though he still got slaughterized. He had a worthless team, though:

buddyckickeder3.jpg
In my defense, depending on when the video was captured, I may not have been at the helm. Things got mixed up for a bit following lunch.

...but that seems on par with first few sessions...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Dante said:
Too bad it looks really fun huh?

Not to me, unfortunately. This is not at all what I wanted. I'll stick to the PSOne game for my Warhawk fix, I guess.

Kittonwy said:
I will. When can I pre-order?
Indifferent2.gif

:lol :lol

By the time they release it, PS3 will have the ability to multitask (as in download and play/watch at the same time), so while it's downloading, i wont have to wait 5 Hrs due to server load that specific day and due to a huge filesize :)

Surreal

I'd buy a PS3 for this game if I could take a friend into a game with me. I think it's called split-screen online? :lol

f@luS

More than a member.
is it as good looking as it seems in the tiny video from ign? looks amazing.
30 or 60fps?

damnit what the hell is going on, dedicated server again , sony really rox@online gaming

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
BuddyC said:
In my defense, depending on when the video was captured, I may not have been at the helm. Things got mixed up for a bit following lunch.

Nice.

How long have you been playing it? Or was this just a quick visit to the Sony camp and they let you go hands-on?

BuddyC said:

How did you find the game? :D

Top Bottom