• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

Footos22

I am excited.

Been pining for a proper ratchet for a long time.
FFA was good gameplay wise. it just lacked any sort of incentive to go back to it. all 4 one just outright blew.

It's brilliant. Sure, it might slow down PS4 sales in the short term (although.. does the short term matter? PS4 is sold out!), but it builds something entirely more important: consumer confidence.

Consumers can buy a Sony product secure in the knowledge they will support the system with legit big titles for many, many years, even at the end of its life. This can reverberate and have positive repercussions when customers remember this when they are on the market for a PS4. It's called building good customer relations :)

Consumers don't really have adaptive expectations like that and rarely consider the long turn future of the platform when buying the console. They react to things like price point and existing software library or whats about to come out.

amr

Banned
Consumers don't really have adaptive expectations like that and rarely consider the long turn future of the platform when buying the console. They react to things like price point and existing software library or whats about to come out.
Consumers don't factor a platform's long-term future into their buying decision? Where did you get that from?

Mario007

Insomniac needs to eat man.
And that's why the game is 30 dollars, right? ;)

I'm not saying this game should have been Vita exclusive (but a Vita port should have been done by Sony instead of Epic Mickey) but rather that if sony can invest in ps3 games it also needs to invest in Vita games if it wants shops to even stock Vita next year.

Consumers don't factor a platform's long-term future into their buying decision? Where did you get that from?

That's just my thinking coming from the fact Xbox 360s sales weren't hampered in the first year, despite the fact that Xbox was discontinued early. I can also bet that Xbox One won't have any issues selling first year, despite RRoD.

zoukka

And that's why the game is 30 dollars, right? ;)

I'm pretty sure the game has a very tight budget and that only a part of Insomniac is working on it. Using AciT assets they can probably make a very nice profit out of the game to help them develop whatever they are doing at the same time.

Vashetti

Banned
While it's not as big as A Crack in Time, it's much much larger than Q4B or FFA was. It's pretty meaty. New planets, lots of new weapons, lots of variety and stuff to do.

Since this is an epilogue to the Future series, PLEASE can we have a trophy patch for ToD and QfB?

It's of the most requested things from the fanbase. I guarantee you would see a sales rise both physically and digitally for those titles as people revisit two amazing games.

As it stands it's annoying having just ACiT on our trophy lists when the Future series has been commonly regarded as the peak of the series.

I doubt Sony would charge you anything for the patches, and it would also be a nice gesture to the Ratchet fanbase who have stuck with it since 2002 and made it such a success.

At least put it forward to your colleagues at Insomniac, PLEASE :)

Insomniac needs to eat man.

Insomniac games has stated that all R&C games have been successfull for them.

So Im quite sure that if they'd bother to do Vita version it would besuccessfull for them aswell.

And FFA Vita version was done by other studio if someone asks.

Since this is an epilogue to the Future series, PLEASE can we have a trophy patch for ToD and QfB?

I believe they stated that trophy patch is impossible. Those games are too early, and apparently they wouldnt be able to detect trophy patch even if theyd tried to make one.

...This was their reasoning.

Mario007

I'm pretty sure the game has a very tight budget and that only a part of Insomniac is working on it. Using AciT assets they can probably make a very nice profit out of the game to help them develop whatever they are doing at the same time.
I was only joking with that.

Strawman

Really not sure about this. I love me some Ratchet and Clank but this just seems like the wrong time to release and on the wrong platform. I worry for this titles sales!

Village

Like most ratchet games, looks interesting and I'm gonna buy it.

Now naughty dog... Its your turn.
Sucker punch is making sly games, insomniac still makes ratchet, now you do that other the thing,

do it please

;____;

Hexa

Like most ratchet games, looks interesting and I'm gonna buy it.

Now naughty dog... Its your turn.
Sucker punch is making sly games, insomniac still makes ratchet, now you do that other the thing,

do it please

;____;

Sanzaru Games and not Sucker Punch are the guys that made the recent Sly game. I don't think they really have anyone from Sucker Punch either. They were just really big fans of the game and pitched to Sony they'd like to make a new one, and both Sony and Sucker Punch gave them the go ahead.

Amir0x

Banned

Where'd you get this from? This is not even remotely true lol

Is this getting a physical retail release in Europe? The blog only mentions a downloadable version.

EU Blog:

The game will be available for download on PSN this holiday season. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and QForce. We’ll be bringing you more news soon.

US Blog:

The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. We’ll be bringing you more news soon

Village

Sanzaru Games and not Sucker Punch are the guys that made the recent Sly game. I don't think they really have anyone from Sucker Punch either. They were just really big fans of the game and pitched to Sony they'd like to make a new one, and both Sony and Sucker Punch gave them the go ahead.

Huh? Oh well sorry about that.

Naughty dog get someone competent to do it. But seriously can I have the end to damned triangle please, ( and for once a good model of jack, you have like one)

zoukka

Where'd you get this from? This is not even remotely true lol

Why not? I'd say most of my casual gamer friends/relatives have bought every gaming system based on one advert they saw in a magazine/TV. I don't think they have a clue of what is coming to the platforms if they aren't explicitly advertised with the machine.

I know some people are disappointed by this, but I think it's pretty damn cool. It's a "proper" Ratchet & Clank game, not like the last few.

If it's good, it's just another epic game in PS3's amazing swan song year.

Number45

Happy with this. Hopefully it means that they're still going to carry on with more of them onto the PS4 as well - the PS3 Ratchet games are beautiful, on the PS4 they should be a wonder to behold.

wouwie

On the one hand, i'm a bit sad that either Sony or Insomniac doesn't have enough confidence in the franchise anymore needed to make a big full blown R&C game. This has probably to do with the genre being not that popular anymore and with lower sales of the PS3 games? Also, it's a bit sad to not see this on PS4. I guess i'll just keep dreaming about a big R&C PS4. Maybe one day...

On the other hand, i'm super excited that Brian is back and the footage looks amazing. Seems to be a really nice and good looking game with fresh gameplay in the traditional R&C style that i love so much. I can't wait to play it. I'll be there day one.

Fall 2013 is shaping up to be an amazing period for platform game enthusiasts with R&C: into the nexus, Rayman Legends, Puppeteer and Tearaway. It's going to be so awesome.

Please Insomniac, after this, get cracking on a glorious PS4 R&C game that ties in with the movie. I'll love you guys eternally for it :)

Price is good, but they said it's not as long as Crack in Time. So I expect it to be roughly 4-6 hours. Not bad, but I hope they work on replay value instead. Previous games didn't have too much of that.

And I just started replaying the PS2 HD trilogy... what a pleasant surprise :) !

I hope they start working on a full price R&C title for the PS4 next.

Because I hate if the future of the series were only as a downloadable titles nothing more.

This is my all time favorite platforming franchise.. and it deserve so much more.

Carl

Cautiously optimistic. Too many terrible games from them lately to get too excited. But hey... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Joni

I think not embracing Trophies when they appeared was a huge mistake by Insomniac. Naughty Dog and Criterion really embraced them, patched their old titles and got rewarded for it. Insomniac should have done the same.

Ushae

Banned
For a second there I thought Insomniac have double dipped for next gen. Great price, shame it isn't coming to PS4 :(

F50I3gH.png

Strawman

Now that I know its digital only Ive done a total 180 on this and am looking forward to it. I wonder if it will be a kind of end to the series, in case Sony or Insomniac decide to retire the franchise.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

It's of the most requested things from the fanbase. I guarantee you would see a sales rise both physically and digitally for those titles as people revisit two amazing games.

As it stands it's annoying having just ACiT on our trophy lists when the Future series has been commonly regarded as the peak of the series.

I doubt Sony would charge you anything for the patches, and it would also be a nice gesture to the Ratchet fanbase who have stuck with it since 2002 and made it such a success.

At least put it forward to your colleagues at Insomniac, PLEASE :)

it's just not technically possible to do it for TOD. The game was built in the wild west days of PSN, and in an era where patching a single player only game was still sort of a quaint idea on a console.

Top Bottom