• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN"s exclusive trailer is Dead Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trailer is well made, but as its more of a short movie rather than being indicative of anything resembling gameplay, game context or scenario. For that I'm apathetic. The TRAILER OF THE YEAR™ should remember that its a trailer for a game and not a movie.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Ya don't say.

[LIST INCLUDES DEAD ISLAND]

Ah well, I won't hold it against IGN's editors for being dishonest as I am genuinely excited about this game.

The IGN Hype Machine doesn't let a think like honesty get in the way of its nonsense-spewing.

derFeef

Wow, noone remember this game? I was pretty excited when it popped up years ago but I must admit I have forgotten about it.

Painraze said:
sdo946.jpg

wwm0nkey

Do you guys seriously not remember this game? It had a bit of hype when the market wasnt flooded with zombie games and was advertised as an open world zombie game.

I said it in the last thread but this and Class3&4 (4 being the MMO) will probably be the last 3 zombie games I will ever need.

It was a good trailer, but IGN were as hyperbolic as ever.

I'm always up for more zombies if it's in a good game. Just because everyone is doing it lately doesn't mean these guys won't find something new and awesome to bring us :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I rolled my eyes when everything started going in reverse. Hey, a game we saw back in 2007, here it is again in CG! I wonder if we'll have to wait another five years to see something else from it.

Dennis

Banned
I remember looking forward to this game years ago....

....but how the fuck do these guys have the money for this kind of trailer?

Somebody must really believe in this game.

Get hype!

Very cool. Funny that it was one of the first few guesses and was denied, though. Never change, IGN.

Anyway, I have faith in Techland (except for that new Call of Juarez... -shudders) so here's hoping this will be awesome.

I remember that short teaser they had a long time ago, but now it looks like it will be for PC and 360 which is nice. So MS has this and then Undead Studios open world and MMO zombie game, sweet. The trailer I thought was really good and had a strong emotional pull on it especially the ending with the flashbacks, I really liked it a lot.

wwm0nkey

DennisK4 said:
I remember looking forward to this game years ago....

....but how the fuck do these guys have the money for this kind of trailer?

Somebody must really believe in this game.

Get hype!
Their publisher actually asked them to do a media black out for all these years. Must be really good stuff if it was funded for all these years.

Jex

Not too shabby bad actually, although the reversed motion does remind of those "Don't Drink and Drive" ads.

The tone, at least, is very different from most works in the genre.

Very cool stuff. I'm one of the 5 or so people who think Nail'd is pretty cool, so I'm definitely looking forward to see what Techland will do here.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I never get hyped for these reveals, as I'm sure a ton of people are dissapointed. That being said I'm actually surprised by this reveal, it sounds very interesting, will definitely look into this.

I wonder if the actual game will have zombie children or if it's just in the trailer.

And I'd written this game off as vaporware. IIRC the same developers were also working on a PC/360 FPS called Warhound, maybe if it will eventually surface too.

Omiee

i remember someone saying this was a 360 exclusive not long ago, well console exclusive to the 360.
guess its multi platform now, ill have to wait and see some game play before i pass judgment on it.

Amazing trailer and music... so good.

Now give me some gameplay videos because I don't trust Deep Silver. And seriously, another FPS game? I just cannot at this shit genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom